Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help in need of serious protein ideas

I am now 3 almost 4 monthes out of surgery and I need help to try and get protien. The shakes make me sick and I have been eating all kinds of meat Beans and fish but i believe i need more does anyone have any good ideas.

The shakes make me sick too, since my surgery that is. There is a 15 fl.oz. drink called "Naked" it comes in a variety of flavors for different needs, although there are 3 or 4 that are high in Protein, 30g per 15oz bottle, I am only able to find one and it's called Protein zone; purple cap with a picture of fruit on the front Protein Zone | Naked juice | BevNET.com Product Review + Ordering.

Here is what you get inside the protien zone: 2.25 apples, 1 banana, 1/2 orange, hint of coconut, and pineapple, whey and soy protein. Calories per bottle are 220, no added sugar no added artificial sweetners. So your getting your protein and some good fresh nutrition. It is fruity delicious without that disgusting telltale taste of whey or whatever those protien powder mixed drinks taste like. Nothing like it. If you can get 2 bottles down you've got 60 grams. I buy mine at a local supermarket "Stop n Shop". It will be found in the specialty refridgerator drink section or the healthfood section but it has to be refridgerated. I was hoping to find a place online to purchase it but no luck so far. Here is the Naked website: Welcome to Naked Juice

*not cheap though a bit over $3.00 per bottle, but since this surgery I don't spend much on food and it's really very good nutrition. If you find a place online to order it please let me know.

Backtonew - Welcome to VST -and congratulations on having had your surgery.

I'm not able to drink the Protein Drinks since surgery - if you like cottage cheese, it has a lot of Protein. Also there is a ricotta bake recipe posted on here that has quite a bit of protein and is really good. Also I posted a recipe for egg drop Soup that is really easy and tasty. I'm sure others will have lots of ideas for you too.

How many carbs per serving Lan?

I believe it would be 34. I know that may sound high but these are not refined carbohydrates, their from fresh fruit. I am drinking this stuff as much as possible since early after my surgery, (thank God my daughter found it)...I am losing weight so fast it scares me.

I believe it would be 34. I know that may sound high but these are not refined carbohydrates, their from fresh fruit. I am drinking this stuff as much as possible since early after my surgery, (thank God my daughter found it)...I am losing weight so fast it scares me.

I love the Naked drinks - I'll look for the Protein One. Thanks!

I tolerate the Jay Robb Whey Protein Shakes (chocolate) just fine, and I am lactose intolerant. I mix it with Lactaid Milk, 1 cup. I add a few drops of banana or coconut extract and the flavor is great...no nasty after taste. 33 grams Protein per shake (includes the milk)

Can you buy naked in any stores or just online?

(I almost wrote "can you get naked in any stores- lol - but I already knew that was a personal choice thing!)

Can you buy naked in any stores or just online?

(I almost wrote "can you get naked in any stores- lol - but I already knew that was a personal choice thing!)

LOL that would have been funny Attitude -- You can buy it pretty much anywhere - I know the grocery stores around here carry it - Sam's carries it too, but I don't think they have the Protein One with the purple lid. I don't know if GNC carries it or not. It's always in the refrigerated section, not on the shelves.

LOL that would have been funny Attitude -- You can buy it pretty much anywhere - I know the grocery stores around here carry it - Sam's carries it too, but I don't think they have the Protein one with the purple lid. I don't know if GNC carries it or not. It's always in the refrigerated section, not on the shelves.

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at that name. . . .reminds me of Hedonism, Jamaica!

Although this reviewer say 34 grams of Protein per bottle- the bottle says 30 grams protein. 30 grams for 2 servings...which is the entire 15 oz. bottle. Hope that clarifies. There is a picture of the protein zone by Naked here--just click. Protein Zone | Naked juice | BevNET.com Product Review + Ordering /The carbs are from the fruit in the drink. Right now at least I am getting in some nutrition by drinking this. Eating food no matter how much I chew is still not going smoothly for me.

Edited by LAN2k