Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PCP's Determination

Saw my PCP today after seeing him a couple of weeks ago for dizzyness and something going on with my ears (which I think is all related to my BP) -- he ordered a ton of tests and told me to come back in 2 weeks -- that was today.

Findings: BP was 102/66 (same as it was 2 weeks ago). I don't need to take the BP pills anymore - YEAH!

All other tests came back good - Cholesterol, WBC & RBC good, glucose good, sodium good, potassium good, folic acide good, Calcium good, Vitamin B12 good, Vitamin D good - he said he couldn't be happier, to keep up the good work and he'd see me in 3 months (unless the dizzyness doesn't go away)

He told me to continue taking a Multivitamin and my B12 supplement.

So, that's my good news for the week -- Just thought I'd share!

I have been/still am going through occassional dizziness (prior to VSG) and sometimes now. I have found that sometimes when walking and standing I get dizzy or walking for long periods of time. I have come up with my own NURSING diagnosis- ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION. I think my b/p gets too low due to the HTN meds, particularly when my new dietary changes and the reduction of salt. I told my MD about this, they ran tests- found nothing, so its probably just the transition from sitting to standing or walking. Just make sure you are getting in enough fluids and to slowly rise from sitting to standing positions (allow at least 3-5 mins) as it takes the body a few moments to recognize the change in position and for it to fully register. This helps me. Who knows, for awhile I thought I had some sort of inner ear disturbance or something but that was ruled out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Shanda - I too thought I had some inner ear thing going on but that was ruled out - so I started paying more attention and believe it's all tied into the lower bp. My PCP said my body has been through so much it's all mixed up trying to adjust to all the changes -- so we'll see what the next weeks bring ... I think I'll be okay once the BP meds are out of my system. Hope you get better too!

Saw my PCP today after seeing him a couple of weeks ago for dizzyness and something going on with my ears (which I think is all related to my BP) -- he ordered a ton of tests and told me to come back in 2 weeks -- that was today.

Findings: BP was 102/66 (same as it was 2 weeks ago). I don't need to take the BP pills anymore - YEAH!

All other tests came back good - Cholesterol, WBC & RBC good, glucose good, sodium good, potassium good, folic acide good, Calcium good, Vitamin B12 good, Vitamin D good - he said he couldn't be happier, to keep up the good work and he'd see me in 3 months (unless the dizzyness doesn't go away)

He told me to continue taking a multivitamin and my B12 supplement.

So, that's my good news for the week -- Just thought I'd share!

I started having some of the same symptoms after rapidly losing weight during the pre-op phase and still have it sometimes. I agree, I think it is my BP dropping, and maybe combined with some days not quite enough fluids. That is enough to cause some orthostostasis. I'm watching my BP and will start breaking my BP med in half if the symptoms occur more often , and my internist agreed with that. Eventually I am counting on stopping it entirely...once I am down 100 lbs and more I expect to have a normal BP...am so looking forward to it.