Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nexium/maybe important information about taking it.

My wife has recently discovered something that we should have known, but didn't because we didn't read everything closely.

Nexium, takes about 30 minutes to start working after you take it in the morning. So it may be very important to take it this way to prevent too much acid from being produced when you eat in the morning. If you take it and then eat too soon, your stomach may produce way too much acid for the morning meal, and cause you problems throughout the day.

This is just a heads up to help others. It has really helped get rid of some of her stomache sensitivity and occasional pain associated with eating.

I also read that if you dissolve it in Water to take it (which I do), it quickly dissolves and you will see tiny little beads. It is important to not smash those beads, but to swallow them whole. I just swish them around the "shot glass" with some water several times, and get most of them down.

Thanks for the heads up Steve (was wondering where you've been hiding). I take my prilosec in the morning before leaving for work; however, it doesn't seem to be doing the job, as I generally end up having to take some Zantac during the day, too. I am taking 40 mg. so maybe I need more? I don't know - will talk to my PCP when I see him on 10/15 for my blood test results.

I've found better luck taking it at noon. I get my acid in the afternoon, though.

I am weaned down to 15mg from 30mg of Lansoprazole a day now. And still taking calcium citrate supplements. I hope everyone is aware that you need to take this form of Calcium if you are on PPIs. Hopefully I can stop alltogether in the next month or two.

I am weaned down to 15mg from 30mg of Lansoprazole a day now. And still taking calcium citrate supplements. I hope everyone is aware that you need to take this form of Calcium if you are on PPIs. Hopefully I can stop alltogether in the next month or two.

I have not been taking the calcium citrate supplements. They are on my list but I thought I could wait. I will try to pick some up tomorrow. Thanks all for this info. I've been taking prilosec at night, since my bouts with reflux were while lying in bed or asleep, I hope that's OK.

I have not been taking the calcium citrate supplements. They are on my list but I thought I could wait. I will try to pick some up tomorrow. Thanks all for this info. I've been taking prilosec at night, since my bouts with reflux were while lying in bed or asleep, I hope that's OK.

I have not been taking any Calcium supplments since surgery - I have a hard enough time getting down the meds I am already taking - and my labs came back perfect regarding my calcium levels, so I'm not too worried about it at this time - I take a Multivitamin everyday and eat cheese, so hoping I get enough calcium that route - as it gets easier to swallow larger pills, I may incorporate it into my regimine.

I couldn't stand the calcium citrate chewables, or the huge horse pills.

I thought I would share that I found some liquid calcium citrate with magnesium & Vitamin D at vitacost.com

It will be here this week, and I'll write a review. From what I've read, the liquid is palatable, and has great reviews from other consumers. I personally ordered the Lifetime strawberry Liquid.

3rd product listed is the one I ordered.

liquid Calcium citrate - Vitacost