Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My knees hurt, my back hurts, I am not going out if I have to wear these ugly clothes again. :thumbup:

THink I need to make a change!:help:

I have been lurking for months on these boards. :001_unsure:Posting some, but, could not get to the point of an actual date. :confused:Well finally I am on the schedual for Oct. 15.:w00t: When my husband finally said ok I called Sandy that next minute! He was my only obsticale for going ahead with this.:blush:

I have 2 friends that are doctors. (peds & Path) I have asked both of them their medical opinion about this surgery.:laugh0: At first they were both "you do not need this, go back to weight watchers or--etc". :svengo:When one of them finally did really hear me, she did send me medical research and agreed with me that this is a path that could help me.:redface1: This was in May 2009 and I became convinced it was the right thing for ME. Then came the decision of who and where to get it done. :tongue_smilie:In that process, I faltered in my determination. I am self pay.:crying: What finally turned the corner for me was Stoongal. At 71 she went and did it all by herself.:001_wub: love her! WOW. See, age is an issue for me also, I am now 63:thumbup1: a very cool 63 thank you, but, I was worried about the "senior" thing. :blush2: Stoongal sure blitzed those fears!:001_tt1:

So, I am going to Dr. Alamanza in T.J. :thumbup:Never thought I would.:ohmy:

I have been researching Dr.s in my area and price is triple.:cursing: Plus they are all selling/pushing the band. None of them have done over a hundred of the sleeves. They all want to do the band first. :eek: I undersand they get the fills charges forever. :001_rolleyes:Their pricing reflects this.:) If I could find a surgeon in my area that has done 100+ of these and was only double the price of Mexico I would do it here. :001_huh:(Maybe) But, if I have to travel anyway, it might as well be Mexico. My husband:001_wub: is not happy with going to mexico for 5 days.:sneaky2: He is just putting bricks :mad24:in my path to stumble over, but, honestly, I will over come all his hurdles and still go no matter what.:yesnod: He will support me in the end.

I am not going to tell to many people I am doing this. I do not need to explain myself over and over. :sleep0:I am amazed at the negativity out there. I do not want to waste my energy fighting the mental drainers. :nonod:(nay sayers)

Everyone needs to do their own research and find what is best for them. These boards and others like them make it so easy to get good reliable information.

Decisions can be intellengently made. Even if my spelling is not.:crazy4:

Forward to wellness.:eek::party4:

]

Edited by carolyn24seven
add ticker tape delete pom pom smilies

GOOD FOR YOU CAROL!!!

I am 62 and just had my sleeve surgery in Mexico by Dr Aceves two weeks ago. Like you, I heeded the warnings of others on this forum and only told my 2 best friends, then told one sibling the day before I left. I did not need to hear negative and unenlightened reasons why I should not do this in Mexico. (even if it was because they just cared about me and did not want me to die in a foreign country!!!)

I did all the research I needed to do, and asked all the questions I needed to ask to be comfortable...and that was a lot more than most people would ask. I'm a nurse myself and have very high standards. I read the research journals, studied various surgeons' credentials, considered facilities, and listened to forum reports. All of my research supported my decision fully, and the experience itself was outstanding. Two weeks out and I have lost 30 lbs. My knees don't hurt anymore. I am not short of breath. I sleep better. My Blood Pressure is coming down. I have ENERGY!

I have to tell you, Ihave never received such outstanding medical care for surgery, and this is my 4th surgery in my lifetime. Dr Aceves' program made it so easy and it sounds like your doctor does too. The cost was affordable, about half what I would have paid i the USA, but that was not the most important issue for me. The quality of the care given was the primary concern. I don't think I could have found better care anywhere else at any price.

I wish you the very best with your journey, and look forward to seeing your reports. It's your life, so don't worry what anyone else thinks.

My knees hurt, my back hurts, I am not going out if I have to wear these ugly clothes again. :incazzato:

THink I need to make a change!:help:

I have been lurking for months on these boards. :001_unsure:Posting some, but, could not get to the point of an actual date. :confused:Well finally I am on the schedual for Oct. 15.:w00t: When my husband finally said ok I called Sandy that next minute! He was my only obsticale for going ahead with this.:blush:

I have 2 friends that are doctors. (peds & Path) I have asked both of them their medical opinion about this surgery.:laugh0: At first they were both "you do not need this, go back to weight watchers or--etc". :svengo:When one of them finally did really hear me, she did send me medical research and agreed with me that this is a path that could help me.:redface1: This was in May 2009 and I became convinced it was the right thing for ME. Then came the decision of who and where to get it done. :tongue_smilie:In that process, I faltered in my determination. I am self pay.:crying: What finally turned the corner for me was Stoongal. At 71 she went and did it all by herself.:001_wub: love her! WOW. See, age is an issue for me also, I am now 63:thumbup1: a very cool 63 thank you, but, I was worried about the "senior" thing. :blush2: Stoongal sure blitzed those fears!:001_tt1:

So, I am going to Dr. Alamanza in T.J. :thumbup:Never thought I would.:ohmy:

I have been researching Dr.s in my area and price is triple.:cursing: Plus they are all selling/pushing the band. None of them have done over a hundred of the sleeves. They all want to do the band first. :eek: I undersand they get the fills charges forever. :001_rolleyes:Their pricing reflects this.:thumbdown: If I could find a surgeon in my area that has done 100+ of these and was only double the price of Mexico I would do it here. :001_huh:(Maybe) But, if I have to travel anyway, it might as well be Mexico. My husband:001_wub: is not happy with going to mexico for 5 days.:sneaky2: He is just putting bricks :mad24:in my path to stumble over, but, honestly, I will over come all his hurdles and still go no matter what.:yesnod: He will support me in the end.

I am not going to tell to many people I am doing this. I do not need to explain myself over and over. :sleep0:I am amazed at the negativity out there. I do not want to waste my energy fighting the mental drainers. :nonod:(nay sayers)

Everyone needs to do their own research and find what is best for them. These boards and others like them make it so easy to get good reliable information.

Decisions can be intellengently made. Even if my spelling is not.:crazy4:

Forward to wellness.:biggrin2::party4:

]

Good for you! I love your story, all the little emoticons! I'm so glad your going to get it done. . hubbie or not, it's for you. . . we women and so funny:smilielol5:always worrying about hubbie and what he thinks !! It's for your health and well being, my hubbie is like yours, it took me 1 1/2 years to even convince him to come to a seminar! I don't like arguing so I took the whatever attitude. . .then he came to a seminar, here I am! I'll be sleeved in January! He says he is worried about my swelling and heart. . . I'm on 80 mg Lasix and 40 Amiloride 2x a day for swelling of my legs (all tests have out negative, there is nothing wrong with me at all - go figure :thumbup:??? ) Guess I'm just a swollen mess! but at least I'll get the weight off and hopefully the swelling too. . . . no matter where you go, you'll be happy you did and so will hubbie! Good luck and the best to you!

Edited by thinoneday

GOOD FOR YOU CAROL!!!

I am 62 and just had my sleeve surgery in Mexico by Dr Aceves two weeks ago. Like you, I heeded the warnings of others on this forum and only told my 2 best friends, then told one sibling the day before I left. I did not need to hear negative and unenlightened reasons why I should not do this in Mexico. (even if it was because they just cared about me and did not want me to die in a foreign country!!!)

I did all the research I needed to do, and asked all the questions I needed to ask to be comfortable...and that was a lot more than most people would ask. I'm a nurse myself and have very high standards. I read the research journals, studied various surgeons' credentials, considered facilities, and listened to forum reports. All of my research supported my decision fully, and the experience itself was outstanding. Two weeks out and I have lost 30 lbs. My knees don't hurt anymore. I am not short of breath. I sleep better. My Blood Pressure is coming down. I have ENERGY!

I have to tell you, Ihave never received such outstanding medical care for surgery, and this is my 4th surgery in my lifetime. Dr Aceves' program made it so easy and it sounds like your doctor does too. The cost was affordable, about half what I would have paid i the USA, but that was not the most important issue for me. The quality of the care given was the primary concern. I don't think I could have found better care anywhere else at any price.

I wish you the very best with your journey, and look forward to seeing your reports. It's your life, so don't worry what anyone else thinks.

Wow, what a great story! Thanks for sharing that cajun, I'm so looking forward to my sleeve in January! You've only been 2 weeks out and can already tell a difference in your knees! Just that news is well worth the surgery. . . can't wait for my knees to stop hurting along with the foot problems and so on. . .best of luck to you while you travel your journey

thank you. only two weeks post and you have positive results? wow that is encouraging. I had the SynviscOne injected in both knees 9/17/09. It has provided some relief. I did not even realize how badly I was walking. (short shuffle steps) People have noticed since the shot. My Dr. had the Xrays to show the bone on bone in both knees. I need new ones. He is all for this WLS. so I can get the weight off before surgery on the knees. He thinks I may even be able to prolong the new knees for a couple of years. My Hubby wassitting right there when Dr. was telling me this, and still he has been against it. Bless him, he has finally given in. I so hope I get the results you did.

See, age is an issue for me also, I am now 63:thumbup1: a very cool 63 thank you, but, I was worried about the "senior" thing.]

I have been out of town for a few weeks and have not posted so you might not recognise me. I was 63 when I had my sleeve in April. I now have lost 98#'s and am doing super. All my blood work is now in normal range and I am able to do so much more than before. My breathing is good and I haven't used my inhaler in months. You will be so glad you have made this decision. Good luck on your journey.

I love your use of Emoticons. I don't think I have ever seen so many in on single post.

Glad you are moving forward with your VSG. I am jealous, I have to wait until 12/29/09.

Bill

I am glad you got a date! That is the most exciting thing I think in the pre op journey.

Reading your post I felt like I was reading one of those posters you used to do in school with the candy. Where you would say I love you more than Babe Ruth but you would put the candy bar Babe Ruth in instead of the word.

Anyway cute post!