Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV - Closet Clean Out

Hey Everyone!

I am so excited about my project this morning, I just have to share. I have had difficulties getting dressed in the morning because everything I try on is too big - not a familiar problem for me. Anyway, I decided it was time to ditch everything that fell into the "too big" category for good. In diets passed I always held on to some of my favorite big things, just in case. Not today - if it was a 20, 22 or 24 it is GONE. Most of the 18's went too. I have no concerns that I might find myself back into a 22 in a year. I love my sleeve. I found some stuff from skinnier times past that fit just fine and some 12/14's that almost fit. My neighbor might think I am leaving my husband - he kept watching me as I carried armload after armload of clothes out to my car. The trunk of my Camry is stuffed.

I usually just take this kind of stuff to good will, but I might try to find a resale shop. It's a lot of clothes, expensive clothes (you all know Lane Bryant is not cheap) and I could use the extra money to supplement my wardrobe in the next couple of months.

Thanks for listening - happy losing :thumbup:

I need to clean out my closet as well. I thought about donating it all to Goodwill, but honestly I could use a little money to help me buy some new clothes. So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I did that recently also, with my daughters help. It was hard getting rid of favorite shirts. She made me try everything on and watched to be sure I wasn't cheating! When we got done, I had five shirts left that she said would probably fit for another week and then they would have to go. I too, found some clothes that fit that didn't before! This has been the best thing I have done! From size 18/20 to 14 and mediums instead of xl.

I did the same thing at the first of September. It's a great feeling isn't it? ? ? I have 2/39 gallon lawn and leaf bags full of clothes that I plan on getting rid of. I have super nice clothes ranging in sizes 20/22 and 24 bottoms to 22 -26 tops that need to go. I plan on having a big yard sale because we are converting part of our garage to a work out/weight area so John and I can work out together ! ! !

I did that before our cruise - actually tried on EVERYTHING in my closed and modeled for Bearded -- I, too, have 2 lawn/leaf bags ready to go away. I took some of my slacks to one of the gals I work with. I have another box that I am sending to a friend out of state. Since the first part of September, I've had to pull other pants out because they are too big, and the same with some tops.

Two weeks ago I bought 2 pairs of 16W at Kohl's and now that the weather has cooled down, I pulled them out yesterday to wear and they were loose ... luckily I have a friend who sews so she said she will take them in for me.

The big thing for me is that I wore the slacks with a new top that was belted and I had to punch extra holes in the belt to make it fit me tight enough! Plus I got a TON of compliments at work.

I am so loving the results of the sleeve!

Doesn't it feel great! I spent the last couple of weeks cleaning out my closets. I had a friend who had gained weight and needed 18's really bad, so I gave her that size and some 20's. I have hung onto a couple skirts, a dress, and blazer that I spent a lot of money on hoping to have them tailored, but it probably won't be cost effective.

It was easy giving away size 18 and above, but I think I'll have to wait a while to get rid of 16's because that's pretty much the size I've been in off and on for the last 12 years and it tends to be pretty high quality clothing. Maybe I'll have another friend in need and it will make it much easier to purge these items.

Awesome!!! I did this recently too, but my sister says I have to let her go through the clothes before I donate them. I guess I'll allow it. ;-)

Congratulations on your success!

I love going "shopping in my closet". I found a ton of clothes people had given me as gifts but were too small. I felt guilty giving them away so I held on to them for "someday." Now, "someday" has pretty much come and gone, and even those clothes are too big now.

I love going "shopping in my closet". I found a ton of clothes people had given me as gifts but were too small. I felt guilty giving them away so I held on to them for "someday." Now, "someday" has pretty much come and gone, and even those clothes are too big now.

ISN'T THAT GREAT?:blush:

I joined this closet club yesterday! Just before I was sleeved I had to go get new scrub pants in XL cause I could no longer fit into L. Now I have a closet full of scrubs and other clothes that just swim on me. I broke down yesterday and went and bought 3 pairs of jeans from Kohls (don't you all love that store?!) and some new scrubs! Goodwill here I come!

I joined this closet club yesterday! Just before I was sleeved I had to go get new scrub pants in XL cause I could no longer fit into L. Now I have a closet full of scrubs and other clothes that just swim on me. I broke down yesterday and went and bought 3 pairs of jeans from Kohls (don't you all love that store?!) and some new scrubs! Goodwill here I come!

I LOVE KOHLS!

Skinny - before you haul them off to the goodwill, you might post under the thread I started about recycling to see if anyone needs the sizes you are getting rid of. I just sent a big box to one of the members here.

Others have said they are interested in recycling, too, so I thought I'd suggest it to you if you're interested.

Good idea Vegas. I will check they recycling thread. I have a bunch of work cloths from Lane Bryant that someone here might want.