Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other Canadians out there?

Hi - That email is working. I just tested it.

305.gsl@gmail.com

Can you try again. ????

Edited by banded2004

Hi! I am from Ontario, Canada. Sleeved in Mexico May 25th, 2015. Down 50 pounds from starting high. Feeling great! Look forward to reading posts from other Canuks! Have a great day!

Cathy

Hello fellow Canadians! Halifax, NS here. Sleeved on October 19th but outside of Canada. Anyone else from this lovely maritime city?

Also I wonder if any of you have dealt with poutine cravings. Pre-op I really liked poutine since I lived in Montreal for a while before moving. Sometimes I really crave but I haven't eaten it since surgery. Anyone else go through that?

Also what I would do for a nice, cold, frosty pint of Keith's

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Victoria BC Facebook Support Group for anyone interested in bariatric surgery or who has had it through The Royal Jubilee Hospital Bariatric Program. Private Group 'Victoria Bariatrics'

Tomorrow I start my liquid diet to prep for my surgery may 25. Very excited to start this new chapter. My surgeon is Dr. Malik in Victoria

I had Dr. Malik! I was very pleased. 20 months post-op and 2 pounds from my goal...have lost a comfined total of 192 pre- and post-op. Good luck!

I had Dr. Malik! I was very pleased. 20 months post-op and 2 pounds from my goal...have lost a comfined total of 192 pre- and post-op. Good luck!

Thank you!! How was your recovery? How long were you in the hospital? If you don't mind answering :)

I stayed 2 nights. Only a little bit of nausea in the first 24 hours. Initially more pain than I had anticipated, but easily managed. Went home with liquid tylenol/codeine for pain. Only needed a few doses in the first two days, then only at bedtime for a night or two more. I was walking from the moment I got to the ward. A little trouble peeing at first, and had to have a straight catheter, but then no trouble following. Took a while to get my bowels moving again, and learn my new norm, but all went well. Very hard to eat and drink enough early on, but I managed. Still working to stay appropriately hydrated now. If you haven't already, get in the habit of sitting at the table, eating slowly and carefully, being fully present, etc. And get those gas-x thin strips! They help with gas pain! Hope your surgery went well and post-op day one was good to you.

I took my surgery in Amman Jordan with one of the most famous bariatric surgeon there (Dr. Khrais), it coast me $5000 US plus the plane tickets and two nights stay at the hotel before the surgery (was very nice vacation loool)

I stayed two nights in hospital after surgery, the doctor and the staff were very very nice, my friend went there too three weeks ago and did it with the same surgeon, she is so happy with 0 regrets :)

Good luck all.

Edited by mia150