Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG, thank you ALL !!! What terrific advice for each of you. My husband is wanting me to research as much as possible, he is skeptical of "out of states" facilities. But as Shannon said, everywhere else in the world is cheaper than the U.S. I will go to Obesityhelp.com and check out what they have to say. Would Ya'll go to the website and see what you think? Inexpensive Plastic Surgery with Medical Tourism | Global Surgery Center and Yayus I'm a southerner :blush: straight from Ms'ippi. And as you might know, Mississipi is the

fattest state in the U.S. It is my opinion that the biggest contributor is, the steriod filled fried chicken that is rampant in the south. Every things is DEEP FRIED here....sigh....pickles, hushpuppies, chicken, okra, fish, fries, pork chops, shrimp, and now greenbeans and snickers bars, it's OUT OF CONTROL I tell ya!!!!! And have ya ever watched Paula Dean? THat's the south in a nutshell, BUTTER, BUTTER, BUTTER, and SUGAR!!!!

I figure a tiny stomach is the answer to my prayers. It will control my intake and portions. Ok, here I go...to research.

THANK YOU Y'ALL AGAIN !!!!

Judy

I think it's a great website, but it doesn't answer specific questions. When I get to the plastic surgery stage, if I can't get it covered by insurance (which my insurance will cover some stuff if I document everything, and get the referrals), I plan to travel outside the US for those procedures.

Good luck in your research, and let us know if we can help in any way possible.

I'll throw this out there. Now that I can eat normal food, I don't miss fried foods at all ! ! !

Most surgeons are using a 32F or 34F bougie. It's a measuring tool for them to ensure the most restriction possible. I have heard of some surgeons using bigger bougies, but the patients quit losing after 4-5 months because they could eat more.

At 4 months out, I can consume 2-3oz of dense Protein (meat), or 4-6oz of mushy/soft foods (yogurt) and my surgeon uses a 32F.

I just emailed the facility and asked all these questions, I'll see what I get in return. I asked for phone number for one on one Testimonials. THANK YOU !!!

I find out his surgical stats.

How many sleeves has he done?

Leak stats?

What size of bougie does this surgeon use?

How many leak tests are performed?

How long has he been doing bariatric surgeries all together?

Also, ask about the facilities/hospital. I have certain requirements just for my own comfort level and peace of mind. I would never have surgery performed at a "surgical center" and in some countries (Mexico) they certifies these little in and out facilities as hospitals. For me that is not enough. I want an on-site ICU department, not just ICU capabilities. I want a blood bank on hand, not a place that can have blood delivered in a matter of minutes. Price is great, but sometimes, you get what you pay for. I know in this economy money is a huge concern, but it's surgery, major surgery at that, and I think there are some amazing surgeons out there with great prices, but just research, research, and do more research when you think you have it all figured out.

I would also look on obesityhelp.com for his patients. Message them, ask them for the good, bad and ugly of their experience.

Most surgeons are using a 32F or 34F bougie. It's a measuring tool for them to ensure the most restriction possible. I have heard of some surgeons using bigger bougies, but the patients quit losing after 4-5 months because they could eat more.

At 4 months out, I can consume 2-3oz of dense Protein (meat), or 4-6oz of mushy/soft foods (yogurt) and my surgeon uses a 32F.

WOW, I had no idea, still SOOOO much to learn. I definately want a small bougie (strange name for a tube) anyway, it seem like a measuring tool. Plus compaired to what I eat now...a 2 cups full would be better. I over eat way too much. Like tonight, I had baked salmon and steamed potatoes, sounds good right, but then I had fried okra, a yeast roll, bread pudding and 2 glassed of sweet tea....

I NEED this surgery.

WOW, I had no idea, still SOOOO much to learn. I definately want a small bougie (strange name for a tube) anyway, it seem like a measuring tool. Plus compaired to what I eat now...a 2 cups full would be better. I over eat way too much. Like tonight, I had baked salmon and steamed potatoes, sounds good right, but then I had fried okra, a yeast roll, bread pudding and 2 glassed of sweet tea....

I NEED this surgery.

Judy - not 2 Cups - 2 Oz.! (but that all sounds good - especially that yeast roll ... mmmm.) I don't even buy bread anymore.

where did you have your surgery done, I was thinking of Dr. Ballanger in Gonzalez, La. Heard of him?

My band surgery was performed by Dr. Nye in Pensacola, FL, and my revision to sleeve surgery was performed by Dr. Michael Michel at Eglin AFB, FL. My husband is active duty Air Force, and both procedures have been covered 100% by our insurance.

I haven't heard of that specific surgeon. There's a couple of ladies from LA on here, Ash, and I can't for the life of me remember the other member. You may contact Ash (hit member list link at the top and find her, shoot her a message on here to find out who she used).

Judy,

You can see Dr Bellanger's statistics at Bariatric Surgeon Profile - Drake Bellanger, M.D.

It looks like he has done over 300 lap bands but no VSGs are listed. Maybe it is not an updated list and you could call and ask for more information. That's all I know.