Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bikini waxing

I have heard that before you get the brazilian - if you are used to shaving, you have to let it grow out for about 3 weeks first. Is this true? How long does the brazilian last? I have this picture in my mind of being smooth for like a week and other than that always being in various stages of stubble...

You know what works the absolute best? Laser hair removal - smooth and clean as a baby's behind. But the down side is, you can never go back to that hairy natural look - and sometimes you just want to be hairy and nasty good like that, which is what makes being a woman so fun. I don't know what the guys do - so many of them are completely hairless, and my ex used to shave down there (he was going gray) .. but that's their problem, I guess. I always did prefer men to look like men - hairy and sexy that way.

Until I can afford laser, I like the nair gel that you spread on and then scrape off using a razor-shaped scraper thing. Works well and I only need to do it once every 3 weeks. As for the upper lip, Nair aloe vera for the face once a month, the chin - a magnifying glass and fine tweezers, and the brows, only tweezers provide the right amount of control. I prefer a smooth lady-bits area but my BF likes things a little more wild so ... c'est la vie. =)

Edited by Globetrotter

OMG, read this thread that I found on another forum.

Pain Free hair Removal: The Secret Low-Cost, Effective Alternative to Waxing - Purse Forum

SO funny and informative as well for those that aren't into shaving or waxing. I might try this MSP stuff when I can find it - no more ingrown hairs/stubble sounds good!

Pain Free hair Removal: The Secret Low-Cost, Effective Alternative to Waxing - Purse Forum

SO funny and informative as well for those that aren't into shaving or waxing. I might try this MSP stuff when I can find it - no more ingrown hairs/stubble sounds good!

OHHH FUNNY little post...but I gotta admit I am running to get a bottle and try it!

"Be extremely careful when trimming near the Celestial Gate (the va-jay-jay proper) use manicure scissors or even nail clippers, whichever works best for you, and a magnifying mirror."

That Shimma person cracked me up!

Edited by mp8btpc

OMG I tried this tonight! Magic Shave ROCKS. I used it on bikini area it removed all the hair and it left NO IRRITATION or bumps what-so-ever!

I am going to have my hubby try it on his stubble. I also can't wait to share it with my girlfriends.

Thanks emilygrace

Hah awesome !!! Someone told me about this thing and I immediately thought "Man, that would be handy with the magic shave powder!": Hair removal, Hygiene Protection, Feminine Vaginal Protection, VAJ-J Visor

I thought about it but decided it wasn't something I wanted to do. I do get my eyebrows waxed and sometimes my lips and chin.

I have been thinking about laser hair removal but I'm a big chicken. Anyone have any experience with it?

I don't personally have experience with it, but a friend of mine has. She said it doesn't feel like anything and there's no pain. She had a Brazilian laser done.

I got waxed a week ago lol, it was quite an experience lol. But I found a wonderful salon and the lady who did it was soooo nice. Made an appt for another visit in 6 weeks. :thumbup1:

I just spent 30 minutes reading the Magic powder forum... sooo funny! gotta try it! Thanks for linking.

I've looked everywhere for Magic Powder around here. They just don't sell it :)

I've looked everywhere for Magic Powder around here. They just don't sell it :w00t:

They sell it at Wal-mart. Its usually is the section where they sell bump stopper and stuff like that for black men. I guess this is another reason to be happy for weight loss...we can actually reach those area down and around there....lol

Yep, I've looked everywhere. Walmart, CVS and walgreens. The area where I live is mostly white so I'm wonder if that is why they don't carry it. :w00t:

I wonder if you can order it online somewhere? It is worth it let me tell ya. That was the best beauty tip I have EVER gotten online. Thanks again EmilyGrace.

EDIT : woot woot

http://www.americarx.com/Products/4760.html?CAWELAID=598947441

Edited by mp8btpc
link

No problem - I tried it tonight! I had to re-read the MSP thread I posted, and laughed all over again. I bought the cream formulation online as I couldn't be bothered mixing up my own. So I ended up leaving it about 9 minutes, no burning or irritation, and got 90% of the hair off.. funnily, the longer bits came off more easily than the stubble. Worked out amazingly smooth, I am SO impressed!!

Going to try the underpits next. Legs I don't mind shaving but the pits get the bumps.