Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

iphone vs blackberry (which one?)

Okay, I finally decided to upgrade, cuz I want to connect to the internet, have a phone, a great camera, MP3 player, TOMM, and applications that help me track my diet progress and nutrition, all in a handy PDA.

Any suggestion/advice out there?

Okay, now you are officially talking my language here. I am a major phone geek, so much so, that I even manage an Android forum. I have owned Palms, Windows, Blackberrys, Android and presently, the iPhone.

Palm of the olden day, I was not impressed with. However, I have heard great things about the Palm Pre. Windows, I just don't care for. They tend to have a lot of problems and their applications are quite expensive. Blackberry's are good, solid phones. However, they tend to be more directed towards business use. The applications are good, but also tend to be expensive. I love the Android phones, but as it is a relatively new platform, there are not a lot of really, really good applications to choose from yet. However, the prices for their applications are very reasonable.

Right now, I am sporting the iPhone and have to say I absolutely love it. In terms of being user friendly, I think it is the best out there. I also feel that it has the best selection of applications and the prices are very reasonable. When I am in the tracking my calories mood, I use Livestrong's The Daily Plate. They have a great app for the iPhone. I keep track of my weight using an app called Track Weight. It provides me graphs and great statistical data on my weight loss. Most recently, I downloaded the C25K program which is a couch to 5k program, which, happens to integrate with the Nike + iPod program that comes with the iPhone.

In addition to managing my weight loss, the iPhone has every app imaginable to manage my life as well. I am terribly forgetful, and the to do lists app I downloaded helps keep me on track. I love the weather apps, the Grocery IQ program, Facebook app, etc., etc.

Seriously, I could go on for hours about this. Bottom line, I say go for the iPhone. It has a good camera, does video, iPod, you name it.

Thanks Susan, that answers that question! No wonder why my nephew is willing to give me his blackberry, cuz he want the !phone. I can hardly wait to get one now, just have to find the best price. All those apps sound pretty good to me, thanks so much for the info. That IS your language, girl.

Okay, I get it, iphone is the way to go.

My font is bigger than yours, Susan's, and is the same as Tiffkins, so I don't understand why you can't read it. Does anybody else have this problem? I really don't want to make bigger, then it takes up too much space in the message.

That's pretty funny, I will try to fix it.

I love my Iphone. It rocks amazingly ! ! !

And, Hope, yes your font shows up tiny on my screen as well. I have mine set from the User CP option "EDIT OPTIONS" and my font size is set at 4.

Hope I can't even see your font at all. I have tried to read your posts but I can't see them. Your posts are not nearly the same size as anyone else's. I don't mean to be rude, but on my screen it's so itty bitty, I can barely see it.

I have an iPhone and I love it! I bought it when my phone, iPod and Palm were all either failing or about to and I haven't looked back.

i just got an iphine two weeks ago.....and i love it too.....shhhhhhhhhhh do not tell my dh though! he still thinks i hate it! My only problem is actually using it as a phone! I get a ton of calls while driving and to answer it is difficult cause I also need the lock cause my kids like to play with it and dial china! Even with the headset it is harder to answer than my old one!@

( I needed an new phone....cause mine fell out of my bra cause my girls are shrinking and into the toilet with help of my son)

I downloaded almost the same apps as Susan mentioned.

I love my Otterbox.... but again I have 8 kids and my phot takes a ton of wear and tear that most do not

I have a BlackBerry Torch. Unless you're a business type person I wouldn't get it. Which I'm not. I love it but next time I'll be getting an iPhone or Android.

Android. HTC EVO.