Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dating sucks

my friend says the only way I am going to get over my last bf (actually, I am doing pretty well with that)

was to meet someone new. She wanted me to meet a friend of hers. She sang his praises.

I went to lunch with him and thought he was weird. Maybe I am picky. It's difficult at my age because guys in their late 50's look like little old men to me. This guy didn't look that way, but I thought he was odd.

Maybe I'll just be alone the rest of my life. It took me 3 years of dating when I met Bill and called my daughter and said he's a keeper. All the rest, I had no desire to see a 2nd time.

Can't wait for my ball room dancing classes to start. At least I will be doing something fun, but will be under no obligation to act attracted if I am not. Now my friend is going to be all excited and call me and ask me what I thought . I will have to pretend that I thought he was nice, just not my type, when honestly, I thought he was an odd ball.:blush:

I agree dating sucks. I stayed single and strictly dated for almost 4 years before John and I met and started dating.

My mom never thought I would settle down, and I was not looking for anything serious when John and I met. I was perfectly content with just dating. I never committed, I refused to let anyone I date meet Caysen. I truly believed that I would be "single" the rest of my life. Well, then along came John and BAM here we are 3.5 years later, married, and living a great life.

I agree with your friend, you have to get out there, and be available. I got asked out at the grocery stores, Walmart, the park, and I swore by making sure I looked pretty decent before I went out anywhere. My mom taught me " the world is a stage, and you need to dress for it".

You do have to go through some frogs to find a prince, but it'll happen. Just stay POSITIVE.

Thanks Tiff. Maybe there is some hope . At this point I am kind of doubtful.

Personally, I haven't found the "date someone new to forget someone old" tactic ever worked for me. I had to be ready or no date would satisfy me.

He had strange mannerisms, and said

weird things. I also didn't appreciate that he said he didn't smoke, but as soon as lunch was over, out popped a cigarette.

He doesn't have my phone # but he does have my email address. I am going to have to tell him smoking is a deal breaker for me.

Geeze.. I wouldn't know... havn't dated in several years!!

I'm ready now to start dating again.... but not even sure how to go about it! I live in a small town and with my work schedule, it's hard.

I really hate the thought of growing old by myself!:sad0:

So do I Chancie. I live in the middle of nowhere, and it's really hard to meet people in my age group. I wish I had a friend to go to listen to Kareoke sp? . I think that would be fun. Everywhere around here, the places are filled up with the 21-30 age group.

I hate the thought of being old alone too.

There are all the online dating sites, but the same guys who all seem to be losers have been on these sites for the past few years. I was with my bf for a year, and now that I have gone back to looking online, it's all the same guys that were there before I met him. It's depressing.

I meet a lot of people by joining clubs. The nice thing is that even if you don't meet anyone to date, you can make a lot of friends and find a cool hobby that way.

I met my husband at a gathering of people who all talked together online who got together in real life for pizza.

Yeah, I am joining a book club and the ball room dancing. There is a hiking group, but I hate that they drive miles and miles to go on a hike. That's the last thing I feel like doing is driving 100 miles for a certain hike. Maybe if I went to one of the closer ones, I could meet someone to car pool with.

Umm I see. If he can't be honest with something as basic as smoking he wil lie like a dog with everything else.

I met my husband through my ex husband's work....... but that is another thread.

I didn't go on a single date for almost two years before I met my wife.

As for smoking Chantix is truely a miracle drug. It actually works, it works so damn good, that my insurance company doesn't even make people pay the copay. You get the prescription, you get the pills for free.