Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm only 3 weeks post-op, but I had an "Aha!" moment today.

I was reading health and wellness articles online, and one article regarding junk food had a picture of several different donuts. In the past, that picture would have triggered an intense I-have-to-eat-5-donuts-right-now type of craving. I would have walked to Dunkin Donuts or the bakery, bought a dozen, and eaten them all by the end of the day. When I saw the donut picture today, nothing happened. I simply read the article and then moved on to the next one. Like a normal person.

By the way, what is this normal that you speak of?

@

In this context, "normal" means someone who isn't a compulsive, binge-eating food addict constantly chasing a sugar high.

Couple of my NSV's this week....

Took a minute to check the blood pressure......all is well and I've been off all blood pressure meds for two months now.

YkjkChK.jpg?1

Was also having early morning coffee. Took me a few minutes to actually wake up....realized that in the dark I'd grabbed an old t-shirt that I'd been saving. Didn't think it'd fit as it's an athletic cut 2XL. Well....it would seem that it fit with room to spare. Made my day start off with a confident feeling.

This time last year I as wearing 5xl and 6xl shirts. So damn grateful.

9cbeoqY.jpg?1

Today I tried a 14w Jeans and the sales lady said this will stretch you need to size down. I was at the big girl store and they don't carry a 12 in there. I think this was what I needed to get out of this funk I have been in for a while. It is my goal to be in 12 by the end of the year. Things are looking promising.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Looking good @@Dub

But more importantly- feeling good and healthy! Bravo!

I'm only 3 weeks post-op, but I had an "Aha!" moment today.

I was reading health and wellness articles online, and one article regarding junk food had a picture of several different donuts. In the past, that picture would have triggered an intense I-have-to-eat-5-donuts-right-now type of craving. I would have walked to Dunkin Donuts or the bakery, bought a dozen, and eaten them all by the end of the day. When I saw the donut picture today, nothing happened. I simply read the article and then moved on to the next one. Like a normal person.

..........and that is how life is post-op.........good stuff.

I found that my cravings extended to grilled salmon, chicken breasts and such. It's a most welcome change and seems to be lasting and here to stay.

Good stuff.

My cravings are all for fruit and veggies. I'm early out, so there just isn't much room for more than Protein right now.

Couple of my NSV's this week....

Took a minute to check the blood pressure......all is well and I've been off all blood pressure meds for two months now.

YkjkChK.jpg?1

Was also having early morning coffee. Took me a few minutes to actually wake up....realized that in the dark I'd grabbed an old t-shirt that I'd been saving. Didn't think it'd fit as it's an athletic cut 2XL. Well....it would seem that it fit with room to spare. Made my day start off with a confident feeling.

This time last year I as wearing 5xl and 6xl shirts. So damn grateful.

9cbeoqY.jpg?1

Have you been taking time to practice your casting???? hmmm???? You're going to need all you can get, young man! ;)

Good or bad?

I was pulled over for a routine five point check and the State Trooper did NOT recognize me by my license photo.

He just laughed and laughed and laughed. Then I realized that he was a school mate of my eldest daughter.

He strongly suggested I get a new license photo.

Damn Brat! :)

NSV - Fitting inside a toddler pool with my grandson! Loving summer.

sml_gallery_216224_24145_30720.jpg

sml_gallery_216224_24145_15121.jpg

I don't think it gets any better than this, sorry.

That's the main reason I had this surgery.....to live long enough to see my future grandchildren and to spoil them rotten.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by gina171

@@Dub

You look so amazing.

I'm so happy for you my friend!!!

ALL OF YOU INSPIRE ME. I am three years out but have regained- your inspiration is contagious!

Thanks so much !!!

Looking good @@Dub

But more importantly- feeling good and healthy! Bravo!

Thank you......and yes...feeling much better. Pain was a powerful motivator for me to have wls......and is a sweet blessing to have diminished a great deal.

Good or bad?

I was pulled over for a routine five point check and the State Trooper did NOT recognize me by my license photo.

He just laughed and laughed and laughed. Then I realized that he was a school mate of my eldest daughter.

He strongly suggested I get a new license photo.

Damn Brat! :)

That is supercool !!!!

Oh.....and I can flip a jig into an opening in the brush pile.......or skip a topwater plug under a boat dock and make it walk the dog back to the boat.................but I'm lacking any surfcasting skills and won't even try to upstage a maestro. I'd look foolish doing so. Better I know my role and take the lessons as they are offered.

NSV - Fitting inside a toddler pool with my grandson! Loving summer.

sml_gallery_216224_24145_30720.jpg

sml_gallery_216224_24145_15121.jpg

I don't think it gets any better than this, sorry.

That's the main reason I had this surgery.....to live long enough to see my future grandchildren and to spoil them rotten.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Amen to that !!!!

Lookatdat sexy grandma right there !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being an active grandfather is one my biggest goals in life. Getting this weight off......and keeping it off....is crucial to achieve this goal.

@@Dub

You look so amazing.

I'm so happy for you my friend!!!

Thank you. That is very sweet and I am glad to be on this side of the Loser's Bench and holding down a spot for the remainder of my days. Got a ways to go.....but not as far as I've come. It's been an surreal experience at times. Being around motivation like you've demonstrated.....is what keeps my fire lit. I thrive off the motivation that others put on display.....it makes me want to push myself and get moving. You have been a source of such motivation, drive and determination. Well done, young lady......well done.