Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a new one today. Skinny shadow!! I was walking on the sidewalk and didnt even recognize my shadow! Last time I remember seeing it I was alot bigger. My shadow has been short and round (picture an orange with legs) ever since I can remember. Not any more!! I love my skinny shadow!!

I just buckled my seat on a plane for the first time in 13 years. It was so amazing and I wish I could scream out loud when it happened (although my fellow passengers on the flight would be very confused/awkward).

It seems like just yesterday that I was all excited that my size 20W jeans were too big...

But today I bought a pair of size 4 skinny jeans!

post-248928-14513309684577_thumb.jpg

post-248928-1451330986197_thumb.jpg

Things are continuing in the right direction.

There is nothing about my sleeve experience that I'd change......other than wishing I'd done so sooner.

Back in September I hit my 47th birthday and my sleeve surgery was a month away. I saw a t-shirt online that I wanted. At the time I was wearing 5xl-6xl shirts. The new t-shirt was only made in 3XL or smaller. Bought it anyway thinking that I'd maybe be wearing it next Summer.

I was able to get a really good night's sleep last night for the first time in weeks. Crazy long days at work on 4hrs sleep each day. I said I'd not do that anymore, either. Was a huge point of discussion during my pre-op psyche eval....good rest is critical to weight loss. I've got to work on this aspect.

Woke up....had coffee and decided that today would be my first day back to the gym. Found some gym shorts that I'd also bought with the Summer in mind. Seeing as how it's gonna hit 75 degrees today....figured I'd just try them on to see how far away I was from being able to wear them............

Ht4qonS.jpg?2

Been grinning like a goofy kid ever since. I never envisioned being able to feel this good so soon, coming from where I was just a few months ago.....a broke down limping grumpy bastard.

As Mr Rourke used to say on Fantasy Island....."Smiles......smiles everyone!".

rciJbFr.jpg?2

Gonna bear hug my surgeon at next months appointment. He's a freaking wizard. Hoping he'll pronounce my hernia "all good" and release me to the rock pile.........

zo3gnPH.jpg

Until then it's treadmill & elliptical machines ,but I'm so dang grateful for them, too.

There is nothing about my sleeve experience that I'd change......other than wishing I'd done so sooner.

Back in September I hit my 47th birthday and my sleeve surgery was a month away. I saw a t-shirt online that I wanted. At the time I was wearing 5xl-6xl shirts. The new t-shirt was only made in 3XL or smaller. Bought it anyway thinking that I'd maybe be wearing it next Summer.

I was able to get a really good night's sleep last night for the first time in weeks. Crazy long days at work on 4hrs sleep each day. I said I'd not do that anymore, either. Was a huge point of discussion during my pre-op psyche eval....good rest is critical to weight loss. I've got to work on this aspect.

Woke up....had coffee and decided that today would be my first day back to the gym. Found some gym shorts that I'd also bought with the Summer in mind. Seeing as how it's gonna hit 75 degrees today....figured I'd just try them on to see how far away I was from being able to wear them............

Ht4qonS.jpg?2

Been grinning like a goofy kid ever since. I never envisioned being able to feel this good so soon, coming from where I was just a few months ago.....a broke down limping grumpy bastard.

rciJbFr.jpg?2

Gonna bear hug my surgeon at next months appointment. He's a freaking wizard. Hoping he'll pronounce my hernia "all good" and release me to the rock pile.........

zo3gnPH.jpg

Until then it's treadmill & elliptical machines ,but I'm so dang grateful for them, too.

Dub you're looking great man! Keep up the good work. Love reading your posts. I'm 8 days post op and results like yours only make me more excited.

Ht4qonS.jpg?2

rciJbFr.jpg?2

zo3gnPH.jpg

Other than that terrible Texans hat (hey, no one is perfect ;) ), you're doing amazing! Keep on truckin'!

@@Dub you are such an inspiration!!!! You look great my friend!!!! I actually thought I might hit the gym today, too. Hard to leave the house when it is so nasty outside.

Thanks for being such a motivator for us :) and thanks for making us laugh. Did you really post a pic of a pile of wood? Omg I almost busted a gut laughing hahahaha

@@Dub you are such an inspiration!!!! You look great my friend!!!! I actually thought I might hit the gym today, too. Hard to leave the house when it is so nasty outside.

Thanks for being such a motivator for us :) and thanks for making us laugh. Did you really post a pic of a pile of wood? Omg I almost busted a gut laughing hahahaha

Thank you, sexy mama.

Be careful if you get out there in that crazy weather you are experiencing. Huge respect for your motivation to get gym bound so soon after your surgery. Huge respect. My lazy arse took 10+ weeks to finally do so. Lazy old dude.

I was glad I went, though......as I was surrounded by non-laziness.....folks on the move and doing work. I need to be around that. Had to leave my peeps from the pizza buffet in the dust........

Yes, on this very day.....I actually posted a pic of some huge wood.

Wasn't my wood.......but representative of the lumber that I've seen conjured up lately. :P

When I am driving now I am constantly checking my seat belt, because it never feels like I have one on. It isn't stretched to the max now so I barely feel it. Also I have so much room in my bucket seat in the car, I feel so small now.

Bought a WHITE puffy coat yesterday without looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow mascot!

Bought a WHITE puffy coat yesterday without looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow mascot!

Hahaha! I'm excited that I could wear a purple dress now without looking like a giant grape.

Awesome reference......took me back to Ghostbusters. One of my fellow linemen on the high school football team had that nickname, "Stay-Puft". Coach was mean with his nicknames sometimes.

LMAO !

Hahaha! I'm excited that I could wear a purple dress now without looking like a giant grape.

My college colors are Purple & Gold.

When I'd go to the games the past few years I felt like Barney the Purple Dinosaur in my purple clothes.

You are all amazing! Congratulations on your hard work and dedication to your health! I feel more confident about my decision because of you amazing folks :)

I did it! Got into my goal jeans! Never in my life have I actually bought something in a smaller size and actually gotten in to it! I felt really bold getting those jeans and was a little skeptical about it, but dang it, THEY FIT!!

Just saw my bus drive past when I was 100 metres from the stop. I ran and I caught up with it ????