Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Five months out today :)

* My wedding ring (that I had to have cut off and resized a few years ago) now slides off my finger

* Can walk miles without being out of breath - while holding a conversation

* Smile more and receive more smiles and "hello"s from strangers and acquaintances

* Got a pair of size 16 jeans in the mail yesterday (I have NO jeans that fit me right now) and they were too big. I could wear my original size 20 for the first 3 months, now a 14 two months later.

* More confident at work and seem to be more respected in meetings and in general

* Many more - this is an amazing tool we received!

Edited by deetz71

Five months out today :)

* My wedding ring (that I had to have cut off and resized a few years ago) now slides off my finger

* Can walk miles without being out of breath - while holding a conversation

* Smile more and receive more smiles and "hello"s from strangers and acquaintances

* Got a pair of size 16 jeans in the mail yesterday (I have NO jeans that fit me right now) and they were too big. I could wear my original size 20 for the first 3 months, now a 14 two months later.

* More confident at work and seem to be more respected in meetings and in general

* Many more - this is an amazing tool we received!

Ditto to all of these things. Such a blessing!

The jeans I posted about less than a month ago are getting too big!

I stopped at Target after work and saw that they are having a promotion, $10 off denim when you try on jeans (um, okay). So I took a pair of regular (not plus) size 16 skinny jeans to try on, and also grabbed a pair of 14s, just for kicks. Tried on the 14s first, and they fit! A couple months ago, I was wearing 20W jeans from Target.

med_gallery_248928_22691_161507.jpg

Plus, I startled myself when I opened the dressing room door to go in--my reflection was much smaller than I am used to it being, and for a split second I thought someone else was in there!

Help me! What's NSV?

Non-scale Victory.

It's the special and wonderful weightloss related victories that have nothing to do with numbers on a scale.< /p>

Example: fitting into your old jeans, running your first 5K, or noticing that someone is checking you out. haha

Oh ok! Thx!

1 month since pre-op diet started, 9 days post-op and I've already been able to put my wedding ring back on without having to oil up my finger. It is now sliding off and on with ease!

This morning's NSV was slipping on a pair of size 24 pants (not struggling with buttons or zipper), down from a 28!!!

@@TXTinana It's only just begun! Have fun and enjoy your journey!

None scale victory. I'm questioning this one.

I ran into my son's friends in the grocery store. He did not recognize me until I started talking to him. He say's I looked great. Thanked him for the compliment. Suddenly I see a perplexed look on his face. He asked me if I went to a specific gym in our city. I said yes. He commented that he also is a member of the same gym. He blushed and said he had checked me out not knowing I was his friends mom. Awkward moment. But made me laugh.

This is probably going to seem sooooooooo trivial to everyone else, but I had a great NSV last night.

John and I have never been cuddly when we sleep. #1 I would get so hot that I couldn't stand having him right up on me #2 He's a tummy sleeper with his elbows spread out over the bed, I sleep on my side with a body pillow.

Anyways, last night, he pulls me in super close to his chest, my back is touching his chest, and he wraps his arms around me, like completely around me (that's never happened before), and he nuzzled his head next to my neck and was asleep in a matter of minutes. I laid there just smiling like a goofy kid at a candy store, and I could feel his heart beating on my back. I laid there and actually felt his heart rate slow down as he began to drift off into a deep sleep. It felt so amazing to be that close, and not be hot and feel gross about myself. He had one arm under my head, wrap it up over me and the other arm wrapped around me the other side. I don't think I've ever realized how many "little" things we didn't do because of my weight.

He then started snoring (which he never did before), and I had to move a little because he was right next to my ear. But for the first time in 3.5 years, I literally fell asleep in my love's arms.

That's NOT trivial, its,AMAZING! YAY!!

Got back into my fav XL shirt!!!! I was so disappointed when it got too tight last year and it's been hanging in my closet looking lonely. I decided to try it on today and I have belly and boob room! I walk and it blows in the air! Whoo hoo!!!

This evening I tried on a bunch of my old (smaller) clothes that I'd packed away. Most of them fit me now, including this dress that is a size 8! I'm still in the 12-14 range in pants, so it was a shock!post-248928-14415115907806_thumb.jpg

My NSV: I can fit my wedding band again!!!! Not so much the engagement ring, but it's getting closer!!????????????✨????