Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can seat in a booth at the restaurants!!!! Also do not get short of breath like before.

Ditching my first pair of jeans for ones 4 sizes smaller!

My extra-wide flats are starting to gape on the sides. Hoping to be able to buy shoes in a store and not have to get them all online soon!

When a woman who is a regular at your gym asks how many miles you jogged daily. Then say's damn you are gorgeous.

I decided I have to stop wearing my engagement ring because it keeps sliding around and the setting gets in the way--gonna get a ring guard for now, no point in re-sizing it until I'm closer to goal. My wedding ring is still okay for now, since it's just a plain band, but I'll have to keep on eye on it as I keep losing so it doesn't fall off!

New swimsuit.. From 2x to 10. Nine months and still trucking. Love my sleeve! post-219379-14364132257533_thumb.jpg

5 months out

*268lbs to 201lbs

+Gone from size 22/24 to size reg 16

*Bought two modern swim suits-

*Wrapped a regular sized bath towel

around me without gaps

*took 15 flight of stairs 3 times in a week

*bought a romper size L

*out walked my kids without shortness of breath

*thighs not rubbing together

*gave up sugar, sodas and white flour-

How did you give up white flour and sodas?? I'm struggling with that and motivation to exercise. Although I'm still waiting on insurance approval. I need alot of motivation and self-control.

Before surgery my blood sugars were out of control. I had to take a lot of long acting insulin every night, and quick acting before every meal. I didn't know what to do anymore!

I had my surgery on July 4th. I haven't taken any insulin, or even any pills for my diabetes, since before surgery and my sugars are right smack dab in the middle of normal. They may go up when I start eating more (but not even apple juice has made them increase!), but I am just so happy about where they are right now!

early spring

we hired someone to install a bunch of flowers

bushes, trees etc for the front of the house

hubby and i have brown thumbs, not really interested in plantings and stuff :wacko:

i was checking through the area the other day and found some yucky weeds :angry:

i kept walking through the area and was pulling/taking out the weeds!!!

bending, bending, bending :)

i could/would NEVER had done that before the sleeve and my weight loss

i would have thought, and probably would have fallen forward (or backward etc)

weeds - i dare you!!! ;)

show yourself

you are history :lol:

kathy

Delightfully, let your sleeve do the heavy lifting. Many foods, including flour and soda made me sick as a dog for months after surgery. I never went back to them. Your habits will change whether you want them to or not. Don't worry. Just relax and know it's going to be fine.

Went out to dinner tonight at a restaurant. Once I sat in the booth, I started to giggle....I had room! I don't mean a little, I mean, I looked down and saw my lap! 4 inches between me and the table!!! Before surgery, I was almost stuck in this same booth. I was giggling during the entire meal. My husband said he took me to this restaurant to show me what I can't see ask the time.

I stopped at Target after work and saw that they are having a promotion, $10 off denim when you try on jeans (um, okay). So I took a pair of regular (not plus) size 16 skinny jeans to try on, and also grabbed a pair of 14s, just for kicks. Tried on the 14s first, and they fit! A couple months ago, I was wearing 20W jeans from Target.

med_gallery_248928_22691_161507.jpg

Plus, I startled myself when I opened the dressing room door to go in--my reflection was much smaller than I am used to it being, and for a split second I thought someone else was in there!

Edited by lauraellen80

My hubby can't keep his hands of me!