Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no painful bra strap indentations on my shoulders

having to go back and forth to the dressing room in a clothing store, as i keep picking up a size too big

I did my first sprint triathlon yesterday, and I finished!! (And didn't even need the aid car - wow!). A sprint tri is 1/4 mile open Water swim, 14 mile bike ride, 5k running - well, slow jogging by that time, and some walking...and I'm so proud of myself. I really wasn't entirely sure I could do it honestly, since I didn't train for it, but rather depended on being in good shape generally. Yay!

Bought this dress last year and have been saving it. Wearing it for the first time today. :)post-219379-14337297248972_thumb.jpg post-219379-14337297496402_thumb.jpg

New one for me today - I felt warm sun on my upper arms!

Yup, for over two decades I've fastidiously avoided wearing anything sleeveless because of my fatty upper arms and mum's training not to bear them (or my thighs!). Today I wore a sleeveless shirt to work for the first time, and walking outdoors felt that warm delicious sun on my arms and realized it was a startlingly new feeling. I love it!

I'm was never a fan of skinny jeans or pants but just for the heck of it, I grabbed 3 pairs to try on to find my size. I grabbed a 20, 18, and a 16 to see how far off I am.

The 20 was huge and laughable... I put on the 18 without unzipping and unbuttoning them... I tried on the 16 and they fit comfortably! I couldn't believe it! The cherry on top was fitting into an XL sweater and button down! This journey has given me my confidence back!!

Buying scrubs today in regular size L (pants) and M (tops). At one point, I had to wear 4X pants because the 3X were too tight when I sat. Hard to believe.

Woo Hoo to all of your NSV! Mine this week was, for me, a biggie! The weight on the scale matches the weight on my drivers license!

I tried on a size 18/20 romper and it fit! I can't remember the last time I fit into a size 18. Maybe when I was in my 20s. I'm 40 now. I promised I wouldn't buy any new clothes till I lose like 80 lbs but it felt good to go from size 26 to 18!!!!!! Btw, I had surgery in April.

Over the last 9 months, I've lost 14 inches off my waist and 3 T-Shirt sizes (and I don't need tall shirts just to cover my belly anymore either).

I went in to my surg's office to pick up some more Protein that I can't find anywhere else, and to schedule my 1 year appointment for next month, and the lady comes up from that back and said "I saw you walk in and I had to ask, would you like to do a testimonial for us?" I was super flattered. Of course I said yes as I am very proud of my surgeon and the work that they did, but I was headed to a first date after, so she made a note in my chart. I'll be making a video for my surgeon next month!! :)

I don't know if this qualifies as an NSV, but I ate popcorn last weekend and did not try to overeat it, nor did it lead me to start craving other slider foods. (Popcorn is one of the foods that I abused most often when I was obese.) I think if I keep dangerous treats to a minimum, I can learn to eat them occasionally and responsibly.

Not shopping in the Plus size section

post-239826-1434856915296_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big_Mama

Well, I just spent the day shopping for my trip next week to my banded dtr's in KS. I was a 3-4X top and 26-28 bottom before WLS. Let me tell you. I bought 16-18 tops and a 16-18 sweat outfit with a "hoodie" mind you. I was flying high. People thought I was crazy. I was turning in circles and "Yahooing" all over the place. (not quietly either) My husbsand just stood there and laughed at me. Was really fun. I didn't buy much because I still have 35-40# to go yet but what a nice feeling. Makes all the effort worth while. What a nice NSV.

that sounds amazing, I can't wait! Congrats!

So, today we took a lot of Father's Day pictures with the family. For the first time in many many years I did not try to hide behind other people. Looking at the pictures later, I was so glad that I didn't look "fat" to myself in them. However, it made me sad to see the other family members, who I love so dearly, that are now bigger than I am. I used to be the biggest one in the pictures... and now I'm not. But for some reason I do not get any joy from that. I love my family and I want us all to be healthy...

So, today we took a lot of Father's Day pictures with the family. For the first time in many many years I did not try to hide behind other people. Looking at the pictures later, I was so glad that I didn't look "fat" to myself in them. However, it made me sad to see the other family members, who I love so dearly, that are now bigger than I am. I used to be the biggest one in the pictures... and now I'm not. But for some reason I do not get any joy from that. I love my family and I want us all to be healthy...

congratulations this is surely something I can't wait to reach as well. A far as your other loved ones just try to guide them down the right path hopefully they will see for themselves and want to make a change.