Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can cross my legs again at my thigh and double cross at my ankles!

I am smaller and weigh less than any man I would date.

I feel great!

I can finally acknowledge that I look good and say 'thank you'.

A friend told me last Friday that I look10 years younger! Woot, woot!

This is the only place I can brag about this without sounding like a tool but this weekend I purchased my first size 8 jeans!!! Size 8!! They fit great, Ive got them on today actually. Hayll yeah :)

THIS is something. I remember how exciting it was, single digit size!!!!! Congratulations!!

Thanks NtvTxn for understanding my excitement :D Im still on a high from it lol.

I lost my mom when she was just a couple of years older than I am.....my entire life, at least from when I was in jr. high, my mom wore an 8, she always seemed so small, at least compared to me who at that time wore 14's, and that gradually increased. I was wearing 16's when she passed away. I think that is one reason I was soooo excited and so intent on getting to a size 8, I knew what an 8 looked like!!!

Again, congrats. How tall are you? We are just about the same size, I weighed 143 this morning, I've been maintaining between 143.5 - 146.5. I was down a little today, but it's always up and down a little different each morning!

I lost my mom when she was just a couple of years older than I am.....my entire life, at least from when I was in jr. high, my mom wore an 8, she always seemed so small, at least compared to me who at that time wore 14's, and that gradually increased. I was wearing 16's when she passed away. I think that is one reason I was soooo excited and so intent on getting to a size 8, I knew what an 8 looked like!!!

Again, congrats. How tall are you? We are just about the same size, I weighed 143 this morning, I've been maintaining between 143.5 - 146.5. I was down a little today, but it's always up and down a little different each morning!

Well Im very sorry that you lost your mom so early. But I completely get the connection with the size 8 in particular. The only recollection I have is being in my 20's and being a size 6 then 8. But in my 20's I certainly didnt appreciate the single number size because i didnt 'bulk up' until I was 30.

But in answer to your question, Im 5'4 and am currently at 148.5 (I usually only flucuate by a pound). Since Ive been able to maintain it for more than a week, I can commit to the number lol. If I was down to 147 only for a day or two I dont believe it until Ive there for at least a week. But what a big difference just a few pounds makes at this weight. I really thought Id have to lose a lot more to go down another pant size but nope...size 8's are here lol.

But even being in the size 8, I dont feel 'small'. The only time I believe is if Im shown a picture. For some reason, if I look in the mirror I still see the fat girl but if I see it in a picture I can see Ive lost weight. Silly huh?

Well Im very sorry that you lost your mom so early. But I completely get the connection with the size 8 in particular. The only recollection I have is being in my 20's and being a size 6 then 8. But in my 20's I certainly didnt appreciate the single number size because i didnt 'bulk up' until I was 30.

But in answer to your question, Im 5'4 and am currently at 148.5 (I usually only flucuate by a pound). Since Ive been able to maintain it for more than a week, I can commit to the number lol. If I was down to 147 only for a day or two I dont believe it until Ive there for at least a week. But what a big difference just a few pounds makes at this weight. I really thought Id have to lose a lot more to go down another pant size but nope...size 8's are here lol.

But even being in the size 8, I dont feel 'small'. The only time I believe is if Im shown a picture. For some reason, if I look in the mirror I still see the fat girl but if I see it in a picture I can see Ive lost weight. Silly huh?

No silly at all, looking at a picture is different, or better yet, when you are out with someone, at the mall, grocery store, movies.....anywhere, have them point out somebody who is your size. SEEING somebody else is easy to see their size, but for some reason, looking in the mirror....it's not so easy!

This is the only place I can brag about this without sounding like a tool but this weekend I purchased my first size 8 jeans!!! Size 8!! They fit great' date=' Ive got them on today actually. Hayll yeah :)[/quote'] Wow I remember the time when I fit in single digits. Very cool. Congratulations.

No silly at all' date=' looking at a picture is different, or better yet, when you are out with someone, at the mall, grocery store, movies.....anywhere, have them point out somebody who is your size. SEEING somebody else is easy to see their size, but for some reason, looking in the mirror....it's not so easy![/quote'] I totally get the IN THE MIRROR look. I have it now when I'm heavy and I still think I'm not that big but then I start doing stairs or tie my shoes and reality sinks in. Then my reflection in the mirrors weighs 500 lbs. I'm really 261 but that how crazy our mind is. I'm imagining it will be a while after surgery 12/23 that my mind will change. Good luck to us all!!!!!

I had two NSVs to share. First one is I was in the drive-thru at the bank dropped my slip on passengers side floorboard and I could actually lean over and pick it up!!! Previously I would not be able to reach it cuz my belly couldn't get past the steering wheel!

Secondly I was clipping my toenails and realized I wasn't out of breath and red faced and could actually reach them all pretty effortlessly! And for me that's no small feet! (Pun intended ). :-).

Hi everyone I'm now 3months 21days post -op and feeling great every time I see myself I'm so happy that I had the surgery. I went from a size 24-26 women's and now I'm wearing size 14-16 my husband is still in shock over how great I look. I want to tone up some more any idea's on a exercise program.

I think it has been close to 2 years since I posted an NSV. The jeans that started out as comfortably snug and progressed to sausage casing and finally unwearable are now comfortably snug again and the bra that started out as overflowing, became empty requiring "chicken cutlets" and then verged on overflowing again, now fits reasonably. yay for small victories.

I think it has been close to 2 years since I posted an NSV. The jeans that started out as comfortably snug and progressed to sausage casing and finally unwearable are now comfortably snug again and the bra that started out as overflowing, became empty requiring "chicken cutlets" and then verged on overflowing again, now fits reasonably. yay for small victories.

That's fantastic! Congrats. Your new regimen seems to be working. Good for you.

That's fantastic! Congrats. Your new regimen seems to be working. Good for you.