Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yay!! I think ankles were my first NSV as well!! Lots more to come!!

Lissa

my first NSV was just 4 days after surgery and I put on my (only) size 18 jeans I have and went to a birthday party for my finance's uncle.... well I guess there's more than one NSV here but first of all everyone was sitting around eating chips and drinking pop. I have to admit I would have normally had about half a bag of chips and probably 2 to 3 cans of regular pop. but I sat there the whole time just sipping my power aid. next, they cut the dairy queen ice cream cake and passed out huge pieces. once again, just sat there and watched everyone eat while sipping. it was kinda sad but after I realized that I would have consumed over 2000 calories in just 2 hours at there house but instead I didnt have a single one, I was so happy :) now for the NSV I was thinking about in the first place was when I got home I was talking to my mom and turned around and noticed that my jeans were loose in the back! I could pinch a good couple inches of jean off of my thighs! I was freaking out an made my mom measure and had lost 2.5 inches in each thigh since surgery! wow I have hope I'll finally get rid of my thunder thighs! :D

So I bought two pair of pants when I went back to work three weeks ago and they were two sizes smaller then before and they are already too big. Had a long stall and once it broke the weight is finally falling off. I should invest in suspenders to keep my pants up or get some new ones. This is crazy but I am loving every minute of it! Thank you sleevie!

Wow! This thread is amazing. I cannot wait to get my sleeve!!! July cannot come quick enough!!

Ok, so this is something I never thought I could do again and I am doing it! I can sit cross-legged (Indian style) for the first time in probably 25 years! Now, I'm not saying I can sit COMFORTABLY yet, but at least the legs are tucked in.......

And now when I sit normally, I always cross one leg over the other; seems so perfectly natural. I was so sad not to be able to do that for so many years.....it's these little things that are so amazing. I haven't been this happy about my life in a long, long time.

I totally get the leg crossing. I havent been able to do that for 20 years. last week I sat down on my bed to put my shoes and socks on and automatically crossed my legs to do it and I could. I was able to do both of them and put on the shoes and tie them. I was so thrilled that I pushed myself harder during exercise. Even if the scale is not always making me happy these small things are.

Also I bought a pair of size 18 capris that I am able to get up to my hips. hoping by the end of the month I will be wearing them. I was a size 26 in march.

Yesterday I rode my bike for 7 mi. it was great and I felt amazing afterward..going to try getting to my moms house this time its 13.2 miles away.. I'm gonna have her on standby in case I get too tired and she has to pick me and my bike up..lol

I was really bummed today because it was a dreary, rainy Sunday. I wasn't bummed because of the weather conditions per se, but bummed because I wouldn't be able to spend the day outside in the pool. Pre-sleeve, this would have been the kind of day I prayed for--a great excuse to stay in my PJs and locked down in the house not having to go out & face the world. The "new" me gets the "heebie-jeebie's" if I can't be active. I realized that now, I have to do something each and every day. What a change. For the record, rain stopped early enough for me to get my Water workouts in this afternoon.

Totally Excited..I was able to start wearing 1X shirts this week. :) Seeing as I started at 3X only 2 months ago.. I am SUPER happy!! yay for a great NSV!!!

Tonight my 12 year old nephew said "wow Aunt Karen,,you look like you've lost alot of weight,,you look really great". It's nice when anyone says you look great,,it's a real joy when it's a child.

Thanks for posting these NSVs -- they are encouraging and so fun to read.

I had my first NSV last week. I was about 2 weeks out from my surgery and realized that I needed to tighten my CPAP straps because they were too big!!

Hooray! I hope that no longer needing the CPAP will be on of my NSVs down the road. :)

Thankfully I had saved all my clothes from losing weight 7 years ago. So, I have slowly whittled away my huge stack of 20-12 size pants. Well, the stack is all gone. I can still wear the 12's but I went to TJ Maxx (love this store) to look for new jeans and every pair of pants I tried on were size 10. I have NEVER worn size 10 my whole life. Those are size 10's I have on in my profile pic. What a victory.

Thankfully I had saved all my clothes from losing weight 7 years ago. So, I have slowly whittled away my huge stack of 20-12 size pants. Well, the stack is all gone. I can still wear the 12's but I went to TJ Maxx (love this store) to look for new jeans and every pair of pants I tried on were size 10. I have NEVER worn size 10 my whole life. Those are size 10's I have on in my profile pic. What a victory.

Isn't that the best feeling ever? Congratulations! A question for you though. As I have been getting new jeans, I'm finding that while the trend is cute (sort of) for the low riding jeans with a zipper like maybe an inch or two long, call me old fashioned, but I like the more traditional jeans- you know like button flies, Levi's, etc... Plus the jean material is so dang thing, a person wouldn't want to do much physical labor in them (I have a horse farm) or they would probably rip at the first bump against something. Does TJ Max sell jeans that are a little more traditional? I've been buying all my jeans at thrift stores so far.