Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here's my most recent NSV! Went out with a "friend" the other night, and wanted to dress to impress. I think I managed it! Oh, and the shoes are the first heels I've worn in years! :) I wore them till 4 in the morning without too much pain! :)

post-12374-13813658225531_thumb.jpg

This is kind of creepy but too funny to keep to myself.. I am six weeks out and down forty pounds from starting weight. I have noticed that i am getting a lot of random male attention. Got hit on, doors held open, the elevator kept waiting, rushed ahead in lines and even got a rose from my smoothie guy. I knew stuff like this could start happening. The thing that struck me the most though was when a arandom homeless guy said, " hey sexy". It hit me that i hadnt been hit on in many many years - not even by the homeless!! Is it a nsv?? Well, it has nothing to do with the homeless guy but i gotta say, it was indeed an nsv!!!

I can watch TV in bed with only one pillow now because my stomach isn't in the way! It is less stress on my neck.

Great NSV today!! I was talking to a customer and she commented on my "muscular" arms. :P I was totally not prepared for that comment. I have been seeing the difference, but had no idea that someone else could notice it yet! WOO HOO!!

I'm 25 days post-op and these are my first NSV's:

- 7" gone from my waist

- 5" gone from my hips

- two people at work did a double take when they saw me last week

- two people have called me out for wearing clothes that are "too big"

- I can see my collar-bone

I'm sure there will be more to come... lovin the sleeved life!

my nsv moment would be how i feel i was 46 felt like 76 would get out breath walking up couple flights of stairs my health and how i feel is night day i actually look forward to lifting weights going to the gym dropping 12 inches of my waist and 152 pounds is great too. and oh id have say i feel like im 29 again and that feeling is better than any pizza are double cheeseburger and fries lol

I'm not feeling very NSVish lately, the scale hasn't moved in 55 days, but I thought if I listed some of my changes over the last 18 months that it might make me more hopeful and positive:

I started out in tight 24's and am currently in 14's (or 6's, or 10's dendending on the nuttiness of the sizing).

I recently bought some dedicated running shoes, and I am capable of actually using them.

I got hit on by a 21 yr old (Im 33)

I can wear high heels all night and just be tired from being tired, as opposed to exhausted from existing.

I can suck in my stomach and have there be a difference.

I stayed over at a friends house and she lent me some yoga pants to sleep in and they fit. She is a former competitive body builder and very lean and shapely and time was when no amount of stretch wouldve allowed for those pants to fit but they fit just fine and weren't even straining.

Getting down on the dance floor at a club a few weekends ago and the guy I was *ahem* grinding with, our bodies were fully against each others, there wasn't an ocean of flesh between us.

In bed I can sleep on my stomach or can bring my knees up to my chest.

I'm still very frustrated at my slow pace, frustrated that after 18 months I'm "only" a 14 and still can't do some yoga positions because my fat gut is still in my way but, I guess I've made some progress =)

Well, despite everyone's good advice, I didnt feel brave enough to do "before" measurements, or even to keep the biggest of my clothes for comparison, and despite having been at goal for 2 months now, I've had a few weeks of feeling really fat recently (the power of my stupid psyche eh??)

Anyway, I googled what my starting measurements should have been based on dress size, and am TOTALLY AMAZED. Thighs and forearms aside, I have shed 34 inches!! I am so happy looking at it like that.

-12 inch hips, -10 inch bust, and -12 inch waist (if I cheat and pull my gut in that goes up to -15 inch!)

I dont consider myself to be thin, (I'm 38-30-35 now), but I'm certainly not as big as the person I imagine in the mirror either.

I <3 my sleeve xx

I have a belt that I had to put an extra hole in because it was too small. I could barely tuck the end under. Now the same belt has 2 new holes on the other end, the last one is far away from the one before it. The end flops around. I went looking for a new belt but changed my mind. I'll just keep putting new holes in this one until the end starts lapping around my back. B)

Went to Goodwil to buy some pants and I keep wanting to buy 24's. My boyfriend told me try a smaller size. I can actually fit into a size 20. Wow

Just took a flight from Seattle to Honolulu on Thursday....as I was going down the aisle back to my seat, I asked two people who were talking if I could get by.....one said "good thing you're skinny so you can get by us!" I had to laugh.....I've never been called skinny, and even though I'm still 25 lbs from goal, it sure felt nice to hear that!

www.queenofcrop.com

Congratulations everyone on all those great NSV's so far! Very encouraging!

Did the old closet clean out today. Many of my old shirts that got shoved back because my girth rendered them too small moved back to the choicest hanger positions. The large belly compensatory shirts were summarily terminated and are now in Goodwill bins where many of them came from in the first place.

It was nice having my old friends back, bringing back memories of things I did and abilities I had before bodily expansion caused our separation and exiled me to the realm of the sedentary.