Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 3 days after my surgery my daughter told me "Dad this is the best decision you have ever made.".:rolleyes:

I've been off work since June 3rd. I'm a teacher so today was our first day back and nearly the whole staff came up to me and asked me what I did to lose so much weight. I even had three of them pull me to the side and ask me ok seriously what did you do and my story is still the same exercise and calorie control. I also said a lot of great sex...lol

I looked in the back of my closet and found 3 very nice pair of dress slacks for work that I bought a couple of years ago after losing some weight but they only fit for a minute back then. I tried them on last week and they are almost too big!!!!!

Oh and as of this morning, I'm in ONE-DER-LAND!!!! Not just visiting this time either! LOVE LOVE LOVE VSG!!

Being able to take advantage of really good sales! Just bought a pair of jeans and a shirt for $25 at Old Navy. Fat jeans are NEVER $15!!!!

Being able to take advantage of really good sales! Just bought a pair of jeans and a shirt for $25 at Old Navy. Fat jeans are NEVER $15!!!!

Careful though, I developed an addiction to clothes instead of food :D !!!!

My first NSV only 2 weeks post- op has me super excited! I couldn't wait for the moment I could cross my legs again, and would you believe at dinner the other night I was able to cross them under a table even! Woooohoooo! 2 weeks and 21.5 lbs down feels amazing!

I just tried my wedding dress on from 22 years ago today and it fitted!!!! Whoo hoo!

:D :D :D

On holiday in a very trendy shop I decided to try on a nautical style blazer which only went up to a size too small, I figured there was no chance of it fitting - WRONG! Perfect fit, and buttoned comfortably :) It was only as I left the shop I realised I was wearing a thick jumper, and it had even fit over that too - Woop!!

My favorite one is sitting on the toilet & finding out it fits.

In order to help me stay focussed to goal, I joined a fitness class yesterday, which meant I got weighed in and then had a motivational talk, and did 45mins aerobics.

I am RUBBISH at exercse, I hate it, I avoid it, and become incredibly embarrassed having to wobble around in front of others, so whilst worrying about all of this I managed to wander into the "HIGH IMPACT" half of the class - this is my frst aerobics class in at least 10 years, so I realised I was trapped and about to be humiliated - GREAT!!

Anyway after a couple of minutes embarrassment I look around a realise that I am actually doing well, I'm working hard, but its not killing me, I'm working up a sweat, but I am not woofing like a walrus just to get my breath, and before I knew it the class was over, I'd high impacted my way through it without a hitch!

MASSIVE NSV! I held my own, had fun, and at the end the instructor came up to me and said "wow Claire, I can really tell how often you must work out, you were great!" - I didn't have the heart to tell her that I move less than your average sloth most days!

Needless to say I'll be going back next week :)

Claire that is great and pretty funny too. My daughter is studying medicine and they know that the fat bodies they dissect will have massive muscles compared with the thin ones. We need those muscles to move the bulk around, so the trick is to lose the weight and retain the muscle mass, hence the high Protein diet.

I am 6 weeks out and have had two awesome NSV's.

First.... I walk and run on treadmill every night. My husband finally decides to join me in the exercise room for the first time last night. As I was running he just stared at me and said "I am amazed!". He couldn't believe I was actually running! :-)

Second.... Took my kiddos to a program and my three year old got tired....when he climbed in my lap in the small seat, I actually had a lap for him to sit in and neither one of us was uncomfortable! Woohoo!

I am loving the sleeve!!!

This is a pic of my lap on the airplane last week. No more extentions for me.

post-7456-138136574118_thumb.jpg

This is a pic of me in my "new" jeans (bought 6 months ago and never really thought I would be in them. ;) I have NEVER had a "gap" before and about cried when I could see daylight. May be TMI, but had to share w/ people that can appreciate this type of NSV.

post-7456-13813657415931_thumb.jpg