Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These stories are all so great! Congratulations to all!!

Yesterday I was at the consignment store, trying on clothes in the big communal dressing room. An elderly lady said to me, "Everything you try on looks so nice, because you have such a lovely figure!" I about died!!

Today I went to a bat mitzvah and the father of the bat mitzvah girl came up to me at the party and said, "I was standing up at the podium and I hardly recognized you in the congregation -- I thought 'wow, there's a skinny woman out there who looks just like MlkPas!'"

Amazing. I am less than half a pound away from a "normal" BMI and I can hardly believe it!!

I have two nsv's....I am no longer morbidly obese now just overweight!!! I can fit into my daughters capri's~sweet~

I had the best NSV today.

I have been writing and talking on the phone for about a month with this really hot guy. I found him on a dating site and wrote to him but never thought he would write back because he's so darn cute.

I've been afraid to meet him even though he has seen my picture.

We met today and had a great day. He had his hand on my thigh when we were sitting side by side and said he could feel all the muscle in my thigh. He is a personal trainer. He said he had a great day and can't wait to see me again.

Whoa, I never thought a guy like that would ever be interested in me, even at goal. Needless to say, I am very excited.

i did the diabetes walk today and saw someone who hasnt seen me in about 5 years and when she saw me she said where is the rest of you...lol

I'm wearing a size 12 again...sniff, sniff. It's been a looooong time since I've seen a 12 :scared0:.

Today, I put on my favorite size 24 pants and they hung on my hips! Whoo whoo -- and then I went to the market with one of my friends and she said my weight loss was noticeable in my face and in my waist :) Yay!

I am in the 150's!!!! Yay, I weight LESS than I did when I got married over 30 years ago....and I can share clothes (size 10) with my 28 year old daughter!! Shopping is soooo fun, I can't believe it. I still don't see myself as "thin" but at 5'6" I know I am not toooo overweight, but when I see a picture, I still don't see what others see....WHEN will my head catch up to what the doctor did??!!!!

Today I bought a pair of size 20 pants at a garage sale. And they fit me! They fit good, too. I had no idea what size I would be now as I haven't bought new pants at all yet; I have just been letting my old size 26s be super baggy, because that's all I have. I've been this size for 8 years, so I didn't really even have any smaller sizes in my closet. I haven't been a size 20 since before I got pregnant with my son. I'm excited to get back into the teens next!

I love being able to slide into a booth at a restaurant and not have my tummy touch the table!

My steering wheel feels like it is miles away from me now!

I finally went to a smaller size scrubs and was almost embarrassed by all of the "oh my gosh, you look amazing" comments!

And the best one of all so far is feeling my boyfriend's arms wrapped ALL THE WAY AROUND ME!!!!!

Today, I had my first "drink" with a friend after work. (I got the all clear from the surgeon this week.) It was soooo good and went down fine with no problems since I ate a little before the drink. When we were on the way out, I noticed a man who was coming in staring in our direction. My first thought was that he was looking at my friend. Then, after I turned around from picking up my purse and to-go box, he was still looking - AT ME! :o He smiled and said hello and I did the same. I could clearly tell he was interested in me. I haven't had that feeling in a LONG time. It made me a little nervous, but it also felt good. I drove home with a big grin on my face. Next time I"m out for a drink, I hope to run into someone of interest before I"m leaving the place. :lol:

OK - first of all - Mary....girl! You need to post those 15 lbs you lost preoperatively!!!!!! I used to not have them added into my tracker either, but then I realized I worked hard to lose those before surgery and so did you!!! They still count - so put em on there girl!!!

Next - my latest NSV - I was at a beauty salon today waiting for my appt, havent been there in 6 weeks. My gal looked right past me, then back, then looked confused and called my name. When we got back into her room she told me that she didn't even recognize me because I looked so different!! I was smiling from the inside out!!!

My favorite one so far...bought panties at Victoria's Secret, size L not even XL! I thought I would never be able to buy anything there, and to not have to buy the largest was one of the best feelings I have ever had.

I do photography for a hobby and yesterday I was out at a farm shooting some family pics for someone - we hiked around, across a field and down into a a dry creek bed then back up to the farmyard. I totally crawled around all over, not huffing and puffing and feeling like I would pass out if I walked another step. Sounds small, I know but before I could have never climbed down in there and if I had gotten down there, I wouldnt have been able to get back out.

OK - first of all - Mary....girl! You need to post those 15 lbs you lost preoperatively!!!!!! I used to not have them added into my tracker either, but then I realized I worked hard to lose those before surgery and so did you!!! They still count - so put em on there girl!!!

Next - my latest NSV - I was at a beauty salon today waiting for my appt, havent been there in 6 weeks. My gal looked right past me, then back, then looked confused and called my name. When we got back into her room she told me that she didn't even recognize me because I looked so different!! I was smiling from the inside out!!!

Kathy, you are right. Those preop pounds definitely do count. I include them when I mentally calculate my overall loss. I guess I decided to leave them off the ticker because I kind of think of my surgery date as a rebirth of sorts and I like to ticker track my weight loss based off my new stomach. I feel like such a new person and it's great.

So, my body stubbornly stayed in 42" waist pants from 332 pounds down to 265 pounds, then went to 40" pants. And now, just 8 pounds later, the 40" waist is too loose and for the first time in five years I'm in 38" pants and XL shirts. The best part is I still have plenty of (nice) clothes in these sizes. Woohoo.