Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So happy!!!! Went for a walk tonight and had NO SHIN SPLINTS!!!! It was the best feeling to walk and not have pain. I guess losing 22 lbs does make a difference. I can't wait for all that will come. If I am this happy 4 days out I can only imagine when I am in smaller clothes!!!!! :001_rolleyes:

This morning I checked my BMI. Its finally below 30! I am no longer obease! I can believe how happy i am to be overweight!

So happy!!!! Went for a walk tonight and had NO SHIN SPLINTS!!!! It was the best feeling to walk and not have pain. I guess losing 22 lbs does make a difference. I can't wait for all that will come. If I am this happy 4 days out I can only imagine when I am in smaller clothes!!!!! :thumbup:

So happy for you! I know the feeling. I read somewhere that for every pound you weigh is 3 to 4 pounds of pressure on your knees. I can tell when I walk if I have lost more weight! Crazy!

I work outdoors, and I was able to stand for my full 8+ hour shift (sans 45 minute break) without any pain today. I didn't even get tired.

Free to be me....

That was probably my FIRST really BIG nsv!!!! I LOVE that one... and anyone who has never been overweight will NEVER know the signifigance of it!! People take it for granted that you can cross your legs.. but being obese..... it is impossible.

I can remember sitting in chairs, legs going numb because of the way I had to sit.

I had an NSV, but at the "expense" of my dear friend. It surprised me.. and then it saddened me.

We were standing outside of her store, smoking a cig and they were gong to unload a delivery and the doors were proped open with the truck trailer backed up to unload. So we had to go back in... and I went first.. to "slip" thru the doors and the truck.. and I did it with no problem.. and I heard my friend say.. you might be able to do that.. but I don't think I can.. and she couldn't.

She had to un-prop the doors and bring them in so she could get thru.

It was an accomplishment for me, because in the past I always had to look around and see if I could "fit" in a chair, or make it thru an opening.. or take the "long way around".

I felt her "pain".. I have known her 15 years, and I have been "obese" the whole time.. and she was thin. But she has had some medical ( thyroid ) issues and she has gained alot of weight. I know it was embarressing for her... and I know how I use to feel.

I don't have that "anxiety" over "fitting" into something... be it a chair... a restruant booth... or passing someone in an isle in the grocery store.

But it was a bitter sweet NSV... my gain.. but felt her pain. Especially for someone who has been thin.. and then knowing how big I was... I almost felt like she resented me at the moment.

I'm looking forward to crossing my legs comfortably. I can still do it now, but it was definitely easier when I was 165 lbs - and I'm sure it will be even easier when I'm at my goal weight of 145.

My NSV today is that in a week, I've lost 2.25 inches off of my waist, 1.5" off of my hips, and 1.75" off of my thighs!

My best friends hubby gave me a big hug and told me "well I can see why Tom might want a piece of that!" Scandalous and made my day!!!

Okay and one more. The last time we were making out Tom said to me, wow you seem so much more confident with your body! Bam you know it boy!!!!

This is a kind of odd NSV that men won't get and some women may not get it either.

The last couple of times I went to the nail shop, I noticed that I can comfortably twist in the chair to get my nails done at the same time that I"m getting my toes done. :biggrin0: It used to be SOOO uncomfortable that I would sometimes stay longer to get them done at different times or come back on another day to get my toes done. Now, it's easy peasy to just twist to the side a little. I can tell that my stomach is disappearing.

And the fitting into clothes that I haven't worn in 5+ years ain't bad either. :biggrin2: I'm down from my largest size (22W) to my medium size (20W) and those are getting loose. I'm headed for size 18! Yippeee! :)

I scored a $50.00 Gap card for just $25 so I ventured into the store apprehensive that I'd find anything that looked good on me.

After trying on 12 pairs, yes you read that right 12 pairs of jeans, I found a "cut/style" that fit perfectly. The sales clerk said "here try these on, those other ones you've picked out are huge, and you're so tiny you will fit in these" She handed me what looked like a tiny size.

The best part is they are a size 25(European)/Size 0 YES, a size zero, me in a size 0 Gap jeans? Someone pinch me because I must be dreaming ! ! !They are the "boyfriend" cut which are a little bigger in the waist than the other styles, but the size 2's in all their other styles were too big in the butt and thighs ! ! !

Well, the size 2 were too big, and the 0's fit like a glove.

Seriously, what an amazing feeling.

Janester, yes I am concerned about the sitting-at-desk dillemma; I am in the office 12 hours a day and unless I come into the office at the crack of dawn it will be difficult to squeeze in time for a workout. Sitting at that desk will not be conducive to reaching goal or for toning the muscles. Hrmm.

'

One thing you could do since you ahve to sit at a desk all day is get a excersise ball and sit on that intead of a chair. they are harder to slouch in and there is no back rest to lean on so you tend to have to use your leg and core mucles to sit up

I was able to move my daughter into her dorm using the stairs since the elevators were backed up (5th floor) and I did not have to stop on the way up.

I can actually see my shin bones and calf muscles again.

My back doesn't hurt every day, in fact it doesn't hurt most days.

Sometimes when I pass a mirror I don't recognize the body as mine, because I still feel obese inside and it is a really pleasant surprise.