Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ooh Tiff I think my favorite combo is the last one you mentioned, I could just see a white cotton shirt with lots of jangly necklaces. =) I can't wait to rejoin the fashion world, I haven't been able to really participate since about 1998 - a lot of catching up to do!

Well done Jane - that must have felt fantastic!

JudyM xx

hi Judy, yes natutrally thin is something I am definitely not!!!!! Can you get radio 4 or iPlayer where you are? If so listen to Inside the Ethics Committee broadcast today. You will get quite cross!!

Jane x :cursing:

A couple of NSV's

1. I'm wearing high heels after many years of not being able to

2. I actually bought two pairs of size 8 jeans today. wooohoooo....I can't remember the last time I worse a size 8!

Edited by Barbara278

hi Judy, yes natutrally thin is something I am definitely not!!!!! Can you get radio 4 or iPlayer where you are? If so listen to Inside the Ethics Committee broadcast today. You will get quite cross!!

Jane x :confused1:

Yes, we can get it on 'listen again' have downloaded it to listen tomorrow... Thanks for the heads up x

So I'm on day 7 and my skin is the clearest it's been in ages! I used to always have problems with rosacea (which always flared up when I ate crap, so my face would be all red and covered in bumps), and with little rashes on my back, chest, and stomach. :bored0:Now all the body rashes have disappeared and my rosacea is nearly gone! Skin cells turn over completely in about 21 days, so I suspect that towards the end of the post-op diet, I'll be ready to model for skin cream ads!:D

I have finally hit the 50 pound weight loss! I had to clean out all the pants in my closet that were too big. What a great feeling trying to find a consignment store for plus size so I can buy smaller sizes. What a feeling!

Big NSV for me this weekend - Moved both of the boys back to the dorms to start college. Just like last year, we carried all the stuff in, then went to Target to pick up all of the last minute things. Last year, my knees were screaming and my feel were like fat puffy sausages that were threatening to burst at any moment. I didn't dare sit down anywhere because I knew I would never be able to get up and walk back out to the car again. This year....we carried everything in, put it away and then as I was walking through Target I realized something.... I FELT GOOD!! AND HAPPY!!! I had energy and I wasn't hurting anywhere!! We bopped back over to the college and had to run through the rain (ok, well I am still pretty big lol so I maybe more like did this weird loping fast walk thing haha) back into the dorms and finished setting up the rooms. It doesn't really seem like much when I write about it now, but it felt so good!! :nono:

1) My self confidence is already way higher than it ever was. I noticed that I'm no longer constantly pulling on my shirts or standing with my shoulders slumped.

2) Today I was going into a convenience store, and I saw my reflection in the mirror - I saw that the fat "wings" I had on my back are gone!

3) When I got out of my car at work today, I stood up and next thing I knew my work shorts were around my ankles! Thankfully, I work earlier than most people at my job and nobody saw. I hiked them up past my belly button after that haha.

It's been awhile for an NSV... but the other night FLOORED me... I went out to a club with a few girlfriends... and a 35 year old HIT on me!!

I'm 51 and NOT a cougar

( but he sure coulda made me one!! LOL )

I thought at first he was just "messing" with me... but he was persisstant.. and even talked to my girlfriends and said how much he was attracted to me he was and was serious.

Do I believe this?? NO.. lol

But was it flattering?? YES!!!

* he was a "hottie" too!!!

2nd NSV that I had was.... I use to be soooo big that it was hard to find a bra that fit.. they are hard to find when you are as big as I was..

I wore a 54 D.. and had to buy bra extenders!! What was the NSV is when I was that big.. the bra use to ride up my back.. and I always found myself "tugging" at my bra to bring it down and put it in place... I am now in a 38 B and I NEVER have to touch my bra!!

That may sound "trivial".. but it use to bother the fire outta me!

Hey you guys.....great stories!! Love the last one, Chancie. Good for you, a 35 yo boy toy...way to go, girlfriend. I have officially lost 120 pounds, down 9 pounds below goal. I weigh 126 pounds and am 5'-7.5", so I'm a skinny bitch. Wearing size 2 pants....that's skinny. Great for all of you......wishing you all the best and little sizes. Keep it going.:nono:

Hey you guys.....great stories!! Love the last one, Chancie. Good for you, a 35 yo boy toy...way to go, girlfriend. I have officially lost 120 pounds, down 9 pounds below goal. I weigh 126 pounds and am 5'-7.5", so I'm a skinny bitch. Wearing size 2 pants....that's skinny. Great for all of you......wishing you all the best and little sizes. Keep it going.:001_tt1:

AJW - 5'7", size 2 pants? You ARE a skinny bitch, and you should be proud of it! I can't wait till I'm a skinny bitch too. Maybe we should have a logo, like a really looooong weiner dog wearing a pink bow. :001_smile: