Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a couple...woohoo

1. I have a collarbone. A real bone!

2. I'm wearing a pair of blue jeans today that I haven't been able to fit into in about 3-4 yrs. I started out wearing a pretty snug 24 and these jeans are an 18.

3. I've lost a total of 41 inches since surgery.

4. I walked past my 15 yr old daughter the other day and she did a double take and said..wow mom you look skinny!

I have more...but they're from my husband and kinda vulgar...LOL

Life is good.

Maddie.....

I just gotta comment on the "sweating"..... I too use to sweat all the time... even if it was 20 degrees and snowing!

I am now "cold".. have never been cold that I can rememvber!! It is one of the biggest physical differences I can tell! And I LIKE being sweat free!!! Especially since here in TN its been in the high nintys!!!

Gotta love this thread!!!

So...today I went to Old Navy and a size 18 pair of jeans were on sale, I figured I'd buy them for when I got to that size. I took em home to see how far away they were, OH YEAH!!!! They fit me!!!! Four months ago I was in a 26. Woohoo!!!!

Wow! I love reading these!! They are so motivating! Could it be possible? I am squeezing into 24s now, by Christmas time could I really be feeling better, wearing smaller sizes? I can't wait to be sleeved next week! Thanks for your posts everyone!

Kathy

Wow! I love reading these!! They are so motivating! Could it be possible? I am squeezing into 24s now, by Christmas time could I really be feeling better, wearing smaller sizes? I can't wait to be sleeved next week! Thanks for your posts everyone!

Kathy

Yes it's very possible! I was in 24's 6 months ago and I'm now in 12's and down 68 pounds! It will work.

WooHoo Anna and Barbara that's great . Before the sleeve 6 mo. ago I was in 28-30's, Saturday I had to get new pant now 22's.

Yes Kathy this really does work.

Brenda

I have one LOL. It's been so long it seems like it anyways.

But, John bought me a Dodge Nitro 2 weeks ago. Today, I wore a little dress with leggings because it's umm short, and I can't legally bend over in it. When I climbed in the truck today, I looked down to make sure my dress didn't hike up to my naughty bits, and sure enough I could see a good 5 inches of the car seat on both sides of my thighs. HOLY SNIKEYS, seriously, I have this much room in my seat? ? ? How did that happen. . . It was pretty cool.

I need to also share that I had a shirt tailored down into this little dress I was wearing today. I can't believe that I'm wearing a dress that used to be a shirt, and it had to be taken in 4 inches on each side for it not look like a tent on me. CRAZINESS. . .

If I haven't said it enough, I LOVE, LOVE my VSG ! ! !

I can't wait to see the sides of my car seat. That'll be cool.

Today I tried on some clothes that I haven't worn in about 5 years, since before my daughter was born. I saved the ones that I knew would still be cute if I ever lost weight again, and they actually fit nicely on my body today!!! I can't freakin believe it! :blushing:

The crazy thing is that I couldn't bring myself to put it on when I went out today. For some reason, I didn't feel like I should wear it. I put on some boring clothes. They were a smaller size but not the cute stuff I used to wear when I was smaller. My mind isn't keeping pace with my body...

Tiff.......

I can relate to the car seat thing andddddddd........ I also just out of "curiosity" pulled my seat all the way up and my belly still did NOT touch the steering wheel!!! AWESOME!!

I got an unusual NSV... I was out in the local bar last week... and this guy was talking to my friends daughter and she has seen my before pics and still can't believe I was ever that big..anyway we got to talking weight and I just blurted out I was damn near 400 pounds........... I think I did it for the "shock" factor......he said NO WAY....... and I said.. yes. I am a fat girl.... and my friends daughter said yes I seen the pics.. but she's not now but you can't convence her she is skinny.......

My head is still a "fat girl"...... I am still having trouble with it.

How can I feel so good? and still think I am fat?

I remeber you saying how you seen "light" between your legs when you put them together......... When I stand up and put my feet together....... I can't even get my knees to touch each other! I see LOTS OF LIGHT!!

I know I still have 20 pounds to go to.. and wonder where it will come from.. I havn't been "working" my sleeve........ I hope I didn;'t get too comfortable where I am... or maybe my body is just telling me I will always be a "big girl" I am 5'8" and very big boned... but everyone is telling me I am "tiny".... I am so mentally confused......

The day before surgery my cholestoral (sp) was 249, this week it was 181. NORMAL RANGE YA'LL. The looking good is an awesome perk, but nothing beats reclaiming my health. So excited!!!

I love this thread! I am so happy for everyone!

I have a Micky Mouse Tee shirt that I wore when I was 18 and my bf took me to Disneyland. I saved it for sentimental reasons. The other day, I tried it on and it's baggy on me.

Baggy but comfy. That bf ended up being my first husband and we are still good friends. The next time I go and see him, I am going to wear it. The last time I saw him, he said half of me disappeared.

I'm a slow looser so I exercise alot. I do a circuit workout (simmilar to curves) on my lunch break and then do cardio or swimming after work. Yesterday I was doing the circuit and the lady that owns the gym told me that I had "outgrown" the machines and its time for me to move on into strength training.

She's going to start teaching me the moves next week!!

Stacey, you past your half way mark!!! Yeah for you!!!

I know right!!!!!!! sometimes I get so frustrated because I want it to happen NOW. Your right around there too!!!!!! We'll be there before you know it.