Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chancie, I'm sure you looked beautiful because first off you are a very pretty lady and with a red jacket you must have looked stunning! Keep up the great work!

Thin,

I'm glad you are having some good NSV's, know what you mean about climbing stairs and huffing and sweating. Good for you. These make it all worth while and take the sting out of the days when you can't get one bite in comfortably.

Chancie-

You have come such a long way and I'm so happy for you!!! You're NSV's are so motivating! I can't wait to get there.

I had an NSV today- I could zip my size 12 pants today! They didn't look good, but they zipped and buttoned!!

I seriously love, love, love this thread.

I had a tiny one today. I threw on a little make-up, a ballcap (John's), jeans, and an Old Navy thermal to run up to the commissary.

I came into the living room, and John said " baby, you look so sexy today ". We've been together almost 4 years, married for 2 next month, and it's the first time he's ever said that I was "sexy". . .

I think I was floating on air for the next hour or so. . .

That's so awesome Tiffy!!! :thumbup:

I had a little NSV yesterday when I was trying on clothes at JCPenney's...

I saw this blouse that I just knew I had to have, but it was NOT in the plus size department. So, I picked up the size XL and just decided to try. IT FIT! :thumbup: And I bought it with a gift card, so it was free on top of that!

I went to a family birthday party recently and after the party everyone gathered for a family photo. For the first time in my life, I stood in the FRONT ROW and was so proud to be there. I noticed that the overweight people did what I always used to do...push toward the back so they would not show up.

I felt so sad for them, and so very happy for me!

Cajun that is so cool!

I know what you mean. I am actually going to let my friend take some more pictures of me. I've been talking to a guy online

and he's been asking for more pictures.

I had realized at dancing class. I was the thinnest of all the women in class. I looked at all of them. It's not a big class, but that is the first time in my life that I have been the thinnest woman in the room.

I LOVEEEEEE this thread tooooooo!!!

Daisy and Cajun- I can relate to both of you!! I too have been taking more pictures lately... will have to post some of my Christmas Ones....

Another NSV yesterday at work......... one of the girls in the office is always talking about my bum ( or lack of one )

And her husband had come in to pick her up... I never met the man and she had told me he "checked out" my bum tooo..

Well....... she mentioned it right in front of him.... saying that he checked it out. he just grinned and said "yep".... it was all in fun... and I said. embarrese me why doncha...... now I gotta walk out of the room face forward!!!

It was funny.. ya just had to be there!!:001_tongue:

Chancie: Picture in that stunning outfit please! That is such a great NSV. I am so happy for you. These shout outs are some of what keep me on track I swear.

I love my sleeve.

To Doris1970: The pain of all you have been thru all your life being overweightVS Maybe 4 days of pain? ummm yeah you can handle it. I am 63. The sleeve is for seniors too. I had minimal pain. Uncomfortable was more like it. I am going to PM you so we can chat. This thread is for the little victories we are experiencing each day. You will not get alot of the help back that you need here. Look for a Private Message, then go to User CP tab and click. Glad you are here to join us!

Chancie: Picture in that stunning outfit please! That is such a great NSV. I am so happy for you. These shout outs are some of what keep me on track I swear.

I love my sleeve.

To Doris1970: The pain of all you have been thru all your life being overweightVS Maybe 4 days of pain? ummm yeah you can handle it. I am 63. The sleeve is for seniors too. I had minimal pain. Uncomfortable was more like it. I am going to PM you so we can chat. This thread is for the little victories we are experiencing each day. You will not get alot of the help back that you need here. Look for a Private Message, then go to User CP tab and click. Glad you are here to join us!

I'm 62, and it is the best gift I have EVER given myself. Statistically I figure I now have about about 25 years left of wonderful living, instead of about 8 to 10 years left of miserable suffering, until I move along to the next life!

I love this thread with all my heart, sometimes I have nothing to add but love to read all of the good things that happen.

Well my NSV shout out is: I was able to not only get my skinny Levi's on but they are actually loose on me!! I had not tried them on for a couple months. They fit before but were TIGHT!! I don't like wearing my clothes tight, so I put them back in the closet. These are a size 12!!! I still can't believe I can wear a 12. My hubby and I have been together for 7 years and I weigh 7 lbs less than when we got together!!! Of course he thinks I'm too thin, but I want a cushion so I want to lose some more.

My next goal is my size 10 Levi's! I think it will be awhile they are TIGHT!

Have a great day everyone!!

I'm 62, and it is the best gift I have EVER given myself. Statistically I figure I now have about about 25 years left of wonderful living, instead of about 8 to 10 years left of miserable suffering, until I move along to the next life!

So glad your living life now! Keep it up, it only gets better fro here.

:001_smile:

I love this thread with all my heart, sometimes I have nothing to add but love to read all of the good things that happen.

Well my NSV shout out is: I was able to not only get my skinny Levi's on but they are actually loose on me!! I had not tried them on for a couple months. They fit before but were TIGHT!! I don't like wearing my clothes tight, so I put them back in the closet. These are a size 12!!! I still can't believe I can wear a 12. My hubby and I have been together for 7 years and I weigh 7 lbs less than when we got together!!! Of course he thinks I'm too thin, but I want a cushion so I want to lose some more.

My next goal is my size 10 Levi's! I think it will be awhile they are TIGHT!

Have a great day everyone!!

I love this site also........ Purchased my first pair of size 12 jeans, can slide them up, but can?t zip them as of yet, working on it too........ It good to have goals, make us work for it, I didn?t use to do this, but I do it now. : ) :001_smile:

It hard for me to see myself in the mirror, my friends and family tell all the time how I look so much better, still cant see it. It?s funny how your brain plays tricks on you. When I was in the three hundred pounds, I still thought I looked good then???. Boy!

Hi LadyLee

Size 12 is something I did not think I would ever wear again, and now I'm on the verge of going into a size 10!! Way cool moment! BTW goals are good, buy the next size smaller!!

I still don't see myself as being thin, just a little smaller, I wonder how long it takes for your mind to lose the fat image we all have of ourselves?? I have been at this for 10 months total now counting my lap band experience. I still see the old heavy me in the mirror. Hopefully some day I will walk in there, take a look and say "there you are"

Good luck to you!!

I still don't see myself as being thin, just a little smaller, I wonder how long it takes for your mind to lose the fat image we all have of ourselves?? I have been at this for 10 months total now counting my lap band experience. I still see the old heavy me in the mirror. Hopefully some day I will walk in there, take a look and say "there you are"

Ohhhh Bernadette congrats on your size 12 ! ! !

As for the quoted portion, I've been at my journey for over 14 months, and still haven't figured out that I'm a size 9 and a medium(sometimes small blouse). I still grab bigger sizes, I still catch myself wondering how that person is who is staring back at my in the mirror.

My NSV for this week is that I can now wear an anklet with an extender.

I must admit that I have cute feet, and cute ankles. But, before I couldn't wear foot/ankle jewelry beause I had chubby ankles and baby sausages links for toes.

Today, I decided to try out some of my old jewelry, and low and behold my little silver anklet, Caysen bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago fit, and actually slid way down past my ankle bone.

I can't wait for flip flop, crop pant weather ! ! !