Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled for surgery next Thursday & this thread makes me want to do this more than ever now!! You all are awesome. I love getting on here every day & reading what you all have to say. All of you are such an inspiration. I cannot wait until I can share something like this!!

Congrats to ALL of you for such a great job!!

Tiffy, I am looking so forward to displacing enough Water I can float in the tub! Wow, so great!

But tonight in prep for my trip back to MX with my family, I soaked in the bathtub, something I haven't been able to do for a very long time, due to being so very heavy and with 2 knee replacements in 08. But I was able to get in and out gracefully, even knelt on the one knee that was done first to get out and it wasn't so bad as I thought it would be! Not a biggie for an NSV, but I almost cried with relief that I can bathe again and not just shower all the time!

how great is that stoongal. . .those are the NSV's i can't wait for! I think i had one today too, as i was sitting in the doctors office waiting on my Vitamins and minerals order, a man sat down beside me and started up a conversation.. . he said you look good, have you lost a lot? I told him 20 lbs today, he asked when i was sleeved, when i told him 9 days ago, he nearly fell out of the chair, the look on his face was amazing. . .he just stared and kept saying you look so good! I could feel myself super blushing cause i haven't had a man say that to me in a good long while!

weight.png

Great thread! I still have a long way to go, but here are a couple of my favorites:

-I bought something in a 14/16 that almost fits (got it on sale) and I don't remember EVER having a 14/16 in my closet. I've been in a 20 and up since 7th grade. Six months ago I wore a size 28. :thumbup:

-Our church choir is broadcast on TV every Sunday, and when we were watching my husband's group singing, I noticed a girl in the choir behind them and I was like, "Oh, who is that...she's pretty!" It was me. HAHAH! I didn't even recognize myself, then felt bad for calling myself pretty!!

Amanda: new picture please. I think I agree with you, I saw a pict of myself at Christmas and I cannot believe it is me. I look so young. In all my picts of the last few years I look so old. Just the weight off takes the age off. Even though close up you can see the wrinkles, it does nto matter. Initially, you think young. That is a big deal for me. I do not feel old now. I am full of energy, and no where near so achey as I was 50+ lbs ago.

Wish I could post pictures. I am gonna figure that out soon.

My own NSV for today: I crossed my legs at the knee. I did not even know I was doing it. My Husband noticed and commented. Woowzaaa!

:-} Whoo Hooo!!! Isn't is amazingly wonderful. I can't believe it either, I want to walk to work, walk during lunch to go shopping, walk home, walk, walk, walk, because it feels so darn good to be walking with ease because it feels good. I hate exercise, but I LOVE getting outside to clear my head and senses.

Amanda: new picture please. I think I agree with you, I saw a pict of myself at Christmas and I cannot believe it is me. I look so young. In all my picts of the last few years I look so old. Just the weight off takes the age off. Even though close up you can see the wrinkles, it does nto matter. Initially, you think young. That is a big deal for me. I do not feel old now. I am full of energy, and no where near so achey as I was 50+ lbs ago.

Wish I could post pictures. I am gonna figure that out soon.

My own NSV for today: I crossed my legs at the knee. I did not even know I was doing it. My Husband noticed and commented. Woowzaaa!

I looooove crossing my legs too! :thumbup:

I will try to post a pic when I get home, but I don't get much computer time at home and I can't get to my pictures here at work!!!

I had no pain what so ever.

I had a NSV today. I went to Target. We don't have a Target where I live. They had some cute skirts. I have never wanted to wear dresses and skirts before I lost all my weight. I picked out a large and tried it on. It was too big. I looked and all they had were larges and extra large. That is a first. Usually, I tried things on, and I needed a bigger size and all the big sizes were gone. I didn't even think to look for a medium when I looked on the rack!

The new image thing is weird. I was practicing my dancing with a friend. she brought out a full length mirror so we could watch our feet. I looked in the mirror and I could not believe that was me dancing. I did not recognize myself! I don't have a full length mirror at home.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Hi daisey, I'm a wuss on pain!! but I.m looking forward to losing weight. I'm 61 years old and 346lbs. I've fought weight all my life and never realize ho w huge i got, but am ready to completly change and enjoy my life...

I had NSV last Sunday...

My girlfriend came over... and we were just gonna hang out.. then we decided to go play Bingo... well..... I LOVE to shop now, and to LAYER... hehhehe.. something I NEVER did "Heavy"......anyway... I just added a "little black jacket" over my turtleneck sweater......... and she said... "I want a "little jacket tooo"........... well.......... I had a brown one to match what she was wearing.......... she tried it on and it fit...... a little big, but loooked good.

The NSV part of this story is...........

She is one of my VERY SKINNY friends........... and could wear something of MINE!!!!!!:biggrin0:

That is so cool Chancie!

I had my first post op surgery NSV today! It was so neat. . . i moved my daughter into her dorms today and then we needed to go purchase some text books. . . well the book store is about 3 stories up with stairs only, by the time we got up there and looking around, my poor daughter was sweating up a storm, me. . .usually i'd be there sweating like nobody's business right along with her, but there I was freezing and bundled up in my sweater. . . she asked if i wasn't hot, nope i was actually very very cold. . . yippy no more sweating like a sauna

Edited by thinoneday

I had a great NSV several times today.......

Let me explain..... lol

I had gone shopping again- and I decide to wear an outfit I picked out for work...

Black dress slacks, white blouse, and a red jacket, and I also had on new shoes:wink0:

I got soooo many compliments on how good I looked, I was almost embarresd. I had a younger associate come up to me first thing in the morning and she said " I just have to tell you how good you look today- you look absoulutly stunning"

OMG- I have not been called "stunning" ... welll... don't know if I ever was called "stunning"

I know I use to get alot of compliments in my younger days when I wore red

( I guess with the black hair )

But I was kinda taken aback a bit......... like I said. almost embarresd. Made me think........ wow- I musta really looked bad before.

Even when I was at my worst- I always did my makeup and hair........ but I got it cut in a differnt style- and I have always loved Jewlry, purses and shoes

( fat girls can shop for these things with no problems)

Needless to say- it made me feel great!! And know I made a great decision geting sleeved!!!