Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats, Linda! I just ordered a size 12 from my favorite jeans retailer, Ralph Lauren. I love their stretch jeans. My 14s were getting too big, too, so I ordered a size 12 which should be here this week. I just get 1 at a time; when it's too big, I give them away and buy the next size down. Helping the economy and others who need them. It's a win-win for everyone.

Wow, you're doing great!!!!!! You have lost a lot in a short time, Wonderful!! I think that?s a good way to buy clothes, just getting one pair of pants until you go down another size. I going to do that also, that way I don?t waste money on purchasing items that don?t get a chance have time to wear the clothes or before they go out of style. I find I still have clothes with the tags on and there to big, having to go back a get another size, BUT SURE FEEL GOOD!!!!!! :)

Wearing my size 10s today. The 12s were just too big in the legs and butt, and were looking dumpy on me. The 10s are tight in the waist but fit everywhere else so I'm wearing them.:thumbup:

Wow, you're doing great!!!!!! You have lost a lot in a short time, Wonderful!! I think that?s a good way to buy clothes, just getting one pair of pants until you go down another size. I going to do that also, that way I don?t waste money on purchasing items that don?t get a chance have time to wear the clothes or before they go out of style. I find I still have clothes with the tags on and there to big, having to go back a get another size, BUT SURE FEEL GOOD!!!!!! :)

Wearing my size 10s today. The 12s were just too big in the legs and butt, and were looking dumpy on me. The 10s are tight in the waist but fit everywhere else so I'm wearing them.:thumbup:

You go girl! I don't think I have ever worn a 10. . . well maybe when I was born! :) Keep up the excellant work!

I bought a pair of size 16 from costco yesterday. only 15 bucks. Brown strech jeans. I have only 3 pair of pants that fit now. Black Grey and now Brown. I had to get more than one pair. Every thing I had was size 20 and up.

I have to say, It was REALLY hard for me to buy a 16 off the shelve. No trying on. I still cannot believe I am down to a 16. Oct 1 I was a 22. All my tops are hanging off me too. I have bought a few tops 14/16 and XL . THey fit! God, I am having such a hard time getting this in my mind. I wanted to wait until I was a size 10 to buy clothes, but, I now know that is impossible. So, I have opted for the cheap clothes route until I hit the size 10. Oh man I love having this problem.

What a great thread this is. I don't know how I've missed it until now! I love reading about shedding sizes. I haven't been under a size 16 in over 30+ years. Right now I'm in a size 20 and really looking forward to surgery and a new wardrobe. Keep posting all these victories please. It gives up pre-ops something to look forward to. :thumbup1:

Okay this one is seriously ridiculous, but I found it to be pretty awesome.

I have been super emotional, and pretty irritable lately. This weekend, I decided to take a bubble bath in our garden tub. I never take baths. I'm a shower girl all the way, but I thought a hot bath would relax me.

While I was soaking, I decided to sink below the Water, head and all. Then I noticed I was starting to float. I couldn't get myself to just lay in the Water without floating to the top. I could never float in the tub before because I could never displace enough water to get my big butt to float. But, I totally floated right up to the top of the water. I called John in there laughing. He thought I had fallen, I was laughing so hard.

I know it's not anything super exciting, but it made me giggle, and realize that I can now displace enough water to float in the tub ! ! !

When I hit the size 12 Jeans........... I told a few at work ......... but i could also tell there was surprise because of how BIG iwas just 10 months ago........

"You're gonna be smaller than me" uh....... is that a compliment or a slur??? I just shrug it off.........

Going shopping tomorrow..... gotta return a few things that are tooo BIG!! thats a "first" hehehe

Tiffy that is funny! I have never tried to float. I haven't been in a bathtub since my daughter was born 28 years ago and my mom said I could't take a shower cause I just had a C section and I might fall down.

The best NSV by far for me has been my ball room dance classes. It's so much fun and there is no way I could ever have done this 100 lbs heavier! I am having a blast and dancing makes me so happy!

It is a small NSV, but less than a week out from surgery I was really impressed.

Yesterday was the first time in years that I didn't have dents in my shins where the top of my socks had been all day. My extermities are the areas that are showing it the most, but I was very excited to see my feet and ankles not swollen after a day of work.

Bill

Tiffy, you are sooo good to post these great little NSV's. It really makes me think when ever I have a "giggly"moment. Kinda like a stop and smell the roses deal.

Thanks for the reminders.

Bill - that NSV is awesome ! ! !

Carolyn - that is exactly what I was thinking when I posted that one. It's not always the numbers on the scale. It's the little victories that feel the best. It's realizing something that never happened before, and thinking "wow, I can actually do that now."

Okay this one is seriously ridiculous, but I found it to be pretty awesome.

I have been super emotional, and pretty irritable lately. This weekend, I decided to take a bubble bath in our garden tub. I never take baths. I'm a shower girl all the way, but I thought a hot bath would relax me.

While I was soaking, I decided to sink below the Water, head and all. Then I noticed I was starting to float. I couldn't get myself to just lay in the Water without floating to the top. I could never float in the tub before because I could never displace enough water to get my big butt to float. But, I totally floated right up to the top of the water. I called John in there laughing. He thought I had fallen, I was laughing so hard.

I know it's not anything super exciting, but it made me giggle, and realize that I can now displace enough water to float in the tub ! ! !

Love it!!!!

My son flew in from Canada with 3-yr-old granddaughter. We were waiting for them at the airport at the bottom of the escalator. As they got on at the top, son says to her "There's Grammie and Grandpa". She looks down and tells him "That's not Grammie, that's Auntie T". Auntie T is my skinny minnie daughter. Did I mention she is now my favorite grandchild? :-)

P.S.

I went shopping for new jeans because I refuse to do baggy these days. I was shocked because I had skipped right over the size eight and am now a SIX. No way am I a SIX - but I am. (It's due to the freaky new sizing. When I used to weigh 20 pounds less than this I used to be an eight/nine)

I am going for the seminar in April and surgery in June, I hate waiting, but it is what it is!!!! It does give me time to do a lot of things like read all these posts and prepare!! I just bought a robe and slip on slippers for the hospital and I have a list of post op Soups that I'm trying a few at a time. I will stock up on the ones I like and won't end up with ones I don't! I am worried about my ARMS...I really would LOVE to be able to wear the summer dresses and sleeveless stuff we all dream about summer of '11....and so starting two weeks ago I have 5 lb weights and am faithfully using them 3x's a week doing various arm exercises. Does anyone have any idea if I can tone up at all and make it less likely that I'll have all the flab or 'batwings' that I've read about??!!!! I'd like to believe I can have nice or at least decent arms some day!!!! :)