Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Places to get liquid protein samples

How does powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury compare to Isopure as far as taste, Protein content, and carbs? I have ordered different flavors or Isopure from vitacost this week. I am trying to decide if I need to order the Unjury starter kit too. They make the chicken Soup sound pretty good.

Good thread!

Isopure is more like a koolaide thing. Unjury is milky and as far as I know, they don't make a clear liquid other than the chicken broth. I have never tasted the chicken broth but I have one package of it. If you want me to send it to you, send me your address in a private message. It's just one package though. Someone gave it to me an I never used it.

Isopure is more like a koolaide thing. unjury is milky and as far as I know, they don't make a clear liquid other than the chicken broth. I have never tasted the chicken broth but I have one package of it. If you want me to send it to you, send me your address in a private message. It's just one package though. Someone gave it to me an I never used it.

PM sent.

I have run across a product while searching for Proteins called Almased. It has 25 g of protein/serving but also has 16 g of carbs. More carbs than I would want but it does seem to have a lot of Vitamins and amino acids that might help speed up recovery. Thoughts?

Link to Almased nutritional info: Almased Synergy Diet -- 17.6 oz - vitacost

That is a lot of carbs but if you're going to use it on your post op diet I don't think it matters much. You're not going to get very many calories on the liquid post op diet. I used unflavored GNC brand. Do you have a GNC near you?

I'll send that one package of chicken broth to you.

Isopure is more like a koolaide thing. unjury is milky and as far as I know, they don't make a clear liquid other than the chicken broth. I have never tasted the chicken broth but I have one package of it. If you want me to send it to you, send me your address in a private message. It's just one package though. Someone gave it to me an I never used it.

Received the sample today in the mail. Thanks again!!!

you're welcome. my pleasure!

Are you sleeved already? If not, save it for post op and tell us what you think of it.

ok, I was chatting with Oregondaisy last night about trying to find a Protein supplement that I could stand. I did find a Liquid Protein at GNC and she pointed out to me that I needed to make sure the supplements had whey Protein in them and not some other kind of protein. I don't know if this is any good or not, but this is what I found......

Healthy Shot

Double Protein

2.5 oz

Peach flavor

Protein - 24g

Calories - 100

Total fat - 0g

Carbs - 1g

It does contain Water, hydrolyzed whey protein and hydrolyzed collagen, amino acids, citric acid, vit c, flavoring among other things.

Is this good or bad? I know the whey protein is what I am supposed to be looking for, but what is bad about the collagen? I am confused.

Would appreciate any input - not opinions please, I need facts. It's confusing enough to sort out without having to figure out if the person who is writing it knows what they are talking about or not.

Thanks

Collegan is not a complete Protein. It will be okay if that is not your only source of protein.

Need to bump this up to the top. Lots of people asking where to get samples

I am afraid our moderators don't even check in anymore.

Had this link saved just bumping it up for new input or for those of us who might need the info.

I found those protien shots at Walmart too I thought the fruit punch tasted very good. I heard somewhere that this is not a good source of protien....don't remember where I heard that. I forgot to ask my dr. about it. I'm realllllllllly confused about what protien is good and what is not! My surgery is in 2mos. Oh and thanks for all the info on samples I'm really excited now about ordering them!!!!!!!

I found this info on another website:

Whey Protein Isolate

It is the purest form of whey Protein. It gets into the blood system the quickest. Is generally the most expensive to use and although it mixes well it can "foam" up. They tend not to be as filling or satisfying, but fulfill the protein requirements very well.

Whey Protein Concentrate

It gets into the system very slowly. It is generally the least expensive to use. It shakes well and pretty completely.

Whey Protein Blend

Is a combination of the two above. These usually seem to be more "satisfying" and stay with us longer so we tend not to graze or crave carbs as much. Generally they shake well but may leave some clumps if you aren't careful.

Whey Protein Meal Replacement

They are generally a whey protein blend that is much thicker and requires a lot more Water. Best for preop and long term postop customers that are more comfortable with larger volume.

Predigested collagen Protein

These are collagen based Proteins, which are lower on the "bioavailability" scale. They contain some amino acids, but not ALL. Best used in addition to whey protein for additional protein intake. Easily added to Water to "cut" the extreme tastes.

This may help as you are checking out the different protein powders.< /p>