Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicago friends

He is working mega hours and says he doesn't have time for dating right now. He was at my new house for th first time sunday and he was exhasuted. Between regular work and he also does security for the local fest, he is never available. I will give him your info again. ~Mandy

can anyone please help me make a marker so i can keep track of my lose ive got those boxs with the red x in the middle under my name

If you click on a tracker it will take you to the site that you need to create a ticker. Make the one that you like and then click get code, you need to code for v.bulliten. then log in and go to the user cp (top left corner of the screen) and click edit signature. Paste the code there under signature. Then preview, if you like it click save. That will show up in each post you make and it automatically updates old post with the new info when you change it. To change it go back to user CP and delete the old signature and add the new one that you create. Any questions feel free to ask. ~Mandy

When the ticker site gives you the code right click the mouse and highlight the entire code then right click it and click copy, then go back to your user cp and right click in the area where you want the signature to appear and right click again, it will say paste, click that. It will transfer the html code into the signature area and will make the ticker show up. ~Mandy

Hi everyone!

I'm in the Chicago area too. Mandy, I noticed that you were banded by dr Lahmann. He refused to do me because of my medical conditions, and said I'd never come off the ventilator if he tried. He also said it would be like putting a gun to my head. Ugh. I really liked him, and was so discouraged.

My cardiologist has been speaking to someone in the city about me, and they may be willing to take me on, so I'm getting my hopes up again. I hope there is a brave surgeon out there. :)

Hello All! I live about 1 1/2 hours west of Chicago near NIU campus (just moved here a few months ago and loving it). I am currently working with the bariatric team at Kishwaukee Hospital and am on my journey to be banded, unless I .......back out. my thoughts on having the surgery go up and down every day basically. Have a great day! ;)

I'm in Romeoville, west of the city. ~Mandy

Hi Hunny bun,

Just wondering how your are doing w/ the program at Mercy Hospital? I called for some information and they told me to come to a session on Wednesday. Would you mind telling me a little more about it? I am still deciding if I should go or not. Thanks for your help.

My surgeon is Dr Jonathan Myers at Rush university I haven't been banded yet but have had all of my work ups done. I'm really getting scared. I don't have anyone to depend on after my surgery to help me out until i can do things for myself. The scariest part of it all for me is me loosing weight and not knowing whom i'm looking at in the mirror. I know my skin is going to hang and dimple and sag and that is frightnening. I need the surgery bad. At 5'4" my weight at 300 pounds is killing me I have like 8 morbidities and take medication up the yin yang. Please im so scared but sitting here being afraid to do what i know i need to is killing me. I need some advice help and guidance....

Well surgery is tomorrow. I completed a 2 1/2 week fast, lost 12 lbs, had one last cheeseburger tonight as my final goodbye....

I chose to do this because I want a better life and it sounds like you do too mokobe. Do not give up. I will let you know tomorrow what to expect.

Think how freeing it will be to get rid of those 8 comorbidities!!!

Make sure you have liquids/ foods like sugar free yogurt, I found 'cold' foods best after the lapband install. a cooler near the bed might be a good idea and lots of bottled Water, you will be mobile by day two or three, take it easy on yourself.