Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicago friends

Hey boys and girls, banded or not (I'm not), let's get a little group going. I would love to meet other Chicago people who are dealing with weight loss or have dealt with it. I know there was something like this before by another LBTer but I missed out on the fun.

Anyone?

Hi Hunny Bunny,

I live in Chicago and was banded by Dr. Horgan at the University of Illinois Hospitals. Unfortunately I feel like I have had no success. I had surgery on 2/2/06 and 2 adjustments but I have gained weight rather than loss it. That's why I began to seek out a support group. How are you losing so good with no band?

Granlady

Hi Granlandy, I''ve been banded by Dr. Horgan to. I

have had 2 adjustments as well. Still waiting for the

magic to happen. I have not really gained any weight

but at the same time I have not really lost any weight.

Granlady

Hi

I had a third adjustment on June 20. I feel a little something I am going to see if this works, if not in four weeks I will go for number four. The only way I lose is to not eat and Dr. Horgan told me absolutely no liquids to eat solid food.

I was 302 when I intially started the process the process took so long waiting for approval I went to 325. Dr. Horgan would not do the surgery until I was back to or below 302. During the pre-op liquid diet I went down to 294. 1st fill (3/7/06) I was 292, 2nd fill (5/9/05) I was 304, 3rd fill (6/20/06) I was 301. This morning (6/22/06)I am 298.

I plan to be strategic about what I eat and on Monday I am going back to the health club and excercise. I go to "Ladies Workout Express" it is similar to "Curves" but they do have a treadmill and elliptical machines. It is on 93rd and Halsted.

I'm setting a mini-goal of 275 which would be 23 pounds

Granlady

Hi Chicago area bandsters. I started going to University of Illinois at the end of 2004 to have my surgery done by Dr. Horgan also. I started under my husband's insurance which would have covered the surgery. He lost his job in early 2005 and so I had to pick up my insurance at work. I went to UIC all the way to December. It was a long process because Dr. Berg was trying to get my blood pressure down. It was extremely high. I then found out my insurance would not cover it. No way, no how due to an exclusion. That's when I decided to go to Mexico.

Hi Girls, My name is Letty, and I live near Chicago also, I will love to get to know more people around here, please write.

I'm up for a get together....let me know when and where and I'll do my best to be there. ~Mandy

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here although I have been looking into Lap-Ban surgery for some time in the Chicago area. At 5'8" my BMI is 34 and I don't have any co-morbids but there is a history of heart disease on my mother's side of the family. The more I read, the more I realize that I probably won't qualify for the surgery. So, now I'm looking for two things - 1st does anyone know if there are places that would consider me w/ this BMI and 2nd HunnyBun, could you share more about your medical weightloss program at Mercy. I've been looking into that for some time now too.

Thanks everyone, :scared:

I'm having my surgery done at Central DuPage Hospital by Dr. Woodard on July 19th. One week from today!! :clap2:

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. :-)

Trisha, welcome, good luck next week, I am sure that everything will be smooth and you will be in bandland before you know it. If you need any advice, feel free to ask everyone here is very helpful. ~Mandy

Any advice on jumpstarting weight loss again.... I was banded a year ago, had four fills, lost forty now on major plateau

while its about time i was banded at loyal hospital i live close to central dupage tisha p i live in hanover parkon army trial rd and county farm rd if u need some one to talk to email me i'd be more then happy to help ya ive losed 31 pounds so far and i was banded in march 5 2006 it works i just have to want it just go tmy 3thrd fill and i can eat nothing Water is going down and that aout it but if that what it takes to get he fat off the fat be gone

Mandy! Whatever happened to that guy you know? :eek:

Pantheretti, the program at Mercy hospital is a 16 week program that requires you to attend every wednesday for about two hours.

First there is a support group kind of thing where we discuss weight issue topics with a psychologist aka Dr Greg. We also go around and talk out the issues. It's not super exciting but not boring either.

Second there is a weigh in time at the Dr's office and every other week the Dr talks to you, and every week you get weighed in and blood pressure taken.

Before you start the whole 16 week program you first have an initial appointment with the Dr, then the psychologist, and later the dietetician. You also talk to an excercise person but that's pretty boring hehe.

I lost about 4 pounds on this program and I've been doing the diet they subscribed for a week and 2 days.