Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is this for seniors?

Well, thanks for your encouraging words. We have almost the same starting weight, and I am SO IMPRESSED with your loss so far, almost 60 lbs in just over 3 months! Incredible! You have quite a low goal weight - I was thinking of going for 148 lbs as goal and will happily take anything under that!

You must be shorter or tinier framed or something, not at all built like me I bet. Did your heighth shrink as you got older too? I was 5'5" most of my life, so was so surprised to see it come down so far. When seated my rib cage rests on my hip bones. My other goal is to get my apple shape more normal, want to have a waist below the 35" they say that is so much healthier.

How is the evil stall? Do they come frequently?

I definitely will have the operation on the 28th of this month, did all my paperwork (passport, banking, doctor visit etc) this past week and all is systems go!

My kids are finally accepting, and my hubby is amazingly supportive with it all!

I am so blessed!

Here's to the next 20 years!

I have to note that I lost 14 of those pounds pre-op on the diet. I've had two stalls. The first lasted about two weeks and I just broke the second one this morning. It was over two weeks. They are EVIL :cursing:.

I used to be 5.8 and think I'm actually closer to 5'7" now. I'm shooting for the moon. Twenty pounds higher than my goal is acceptable. Ten much better and GOAL is the BEST.

I'm here is you have questions.

I was 63 when I had my surgery 4 months ago. I had/have absolutely no problems. I have lost 77# as of today and 12 pre surgery. I feel great. B/P down, cholesterol down and today I went shopping and got size 16-18 tops instead of the 3-4 X's that I was wearing before surgery.

We are not too old. We just needed the second chance. WLS is it. Do your research and definetely have the surgery. Everybody deserves to have a slimmer life. We have all missed out on so much for way too long.

Go for it. I am.....I'm 61 and this is my chance to add years to my life and that of my husband. I'm enjoying life and don't wan't to get all the obesity related things either. I'm 245 lbs, 5'4"....goal would be 140. I hope all goes well for you. I'm scheduled on the 28th with Dr. Aceves and yes, I'm nervous and excited at the same time and yes my kids are against it too.....

Go for it. I am.....I'm 61 and this is my chance to add years to my life and that of my husband. I'm enjoying life and don't wan't to get all the obesity related things either. I'm 245 lbs, 5'4"....goal would be 140. I hope all goes well for you. I'm scheduled on the 28th with Dr. Aceves and yes, I'm nervous and excited at the same time and yes my kids are against it too.....

Yes, thanks Donna,

(I am a Donna too)

Another coincidence, I am being sleeved Sept 28th as well! but with Dr Almanza.

My son in law still says "crazy" whenever the subject comes up, guess we will have to prove them wrong, huh?

I do want more time on this earth - I have an adorable 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter that I want so much to see grow up, and I really would like to live longer that my husband who is a year my junior and no weight or health issues.

so we should keep in touch with our ups and downs, OK?:blink:

I was 63 when I had my surgery 4 months ago. I had/have absolutely no problems. I have lost 77# as of today and 12 pre surgery. I feel great. B/P down, cholesterol down and today I went shopping and got size 16-18 tops instead of the 3-4 X's that I was wearing before surgery.

We are not too old. We just needed the second chance. WLS is it. Do your research and definetely have the surgery. Everybody deserves to have a slimmer life. We have all missed out on so much for way too long.

Gosh that is good news, Carol, hope I do as well in 4 months post op as you, but will be happy with any weight loss. Lucky you with no problems!

I don't anticipate any either, but reading many posters here I realize there indeed could be some!

Better health - here we come!

Better looks would be a bonus!:blink:

To carolynphx thanks for the reply. do you have any regrets? can you eat regular with you husband? mine is so worried I won't be able to eat with him any more. Make food he loves etc. we have been married 36 years, so hard to make a change now. Can I really expect to make this change for the rest of my life? or, is this just another weight loss deal, and the weight will come back on after a couple of years?

Well, today's the day I'm headed off to Mexicali. Tomorrow...I step across the line into Sleevedom!

Good luck tomorrow, Cajun! Let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it.

Well, today's the day I'm headed off to Mexicali. Tomorrow...I step across the line into Sleevedom!

How exciting for you Cajun - can't wait to hear how it all goes - however, I know you'll be in great hands with Dr. Aceves and his staff. HUGS

Well, I fly south on Sunday, have been on fluids for a couple of days now, trying out various Protein and Meal Replacement drinks, and surprisingly not getting hungry like I thought I would!

Even though I know it is rough at the start, I really am looking forward to life after the sleeve! Could I possibly ever get to be svelte? heehee. Tickles me to think of it.

Does it ever come off much below the waist, the older lady spare tire thing?

How are the rest of you seniors fending, getting some good shape back yet?

What a lot of clothes sorting I am going to have to do! Up here, we have a definite winter wardrobe, long sleeves, warmer fabrics, cardigans, fleece things and warm outerwear. This time I can get rid of the 1 and 2X's for good, the Xlarges and size 20s will soon be a thing of the past. Can hardly wait. May have to dust off the camera and start selling on eBay again. Got rid of my career clothing that way. Lots of demand for inexpensive plus size wear there.

Well chime in anyone,

I will be back home here in a week's time.

Cheers,

Donna

Hi Stoongal,

I'm sure you must be packed and anxiously waiting to leave tomorrow. Best of luck travelling and with your surgery. We'll be thinking about you. I look forward to hearing all about it when you get up and around.

Nancy

Thank you so much, Nancy.

Just starting to pack now, keep changing my mind about what will fit me real loosely after the surgery, in case the abdomen swells even more than mine already is!!

So been trying on and trying on, but think I for sure have it figured out now.

Talk to you when I get back if not sooner.

Cheers,

Donna

forgot to mention that I am up here in Saskatchewan so with the dollar difference and the cost of airfare being considerably higher, you may understand why the money made a big difference to me, being on only 2 small govt pensions.

I went to mexico. Dr. Almanza is wonderful. Speaks good english and is patient and helpfull in explaining and answering questions. His staff is great and the hotel was top of the line. I was sleeved 1/4/14 . On my 8th week and down 35# from surgery weight .

StoonGal I commend you for doing the WLS journey! Best wishes!

Edited by butterfly2014