Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in the DFW area?

Guest Melissa

Hi Shearbear!

Some of the tickers you can click on and it will take you to tickerfactory.com (for some reason I can't with mine?) or you could just type in the address. Once you are there there is all sorts of ticker options. I used weight loss and then you pick your scale, your marker and put in data (starting weight, current weight & goal weight). You will need to copy and paste the bbcode to your signature. You will need to up date this with your weight changes as you go! I hope this helps!!

Edited by miss meliss

I'm here for you if you need ANYTHING !! Is your hubby excited? Do you have a last meal planned?

Thank you SO much, Mark! I'm really excited that someone that has done such a wonderful job losing weight used the same doctor. Yes, Hubby is excited. He has been there every step of the way with me. He really liked Dr. Carter when we attended the seminar, and that was important to me.

I'm staying away from the last meal mentality to keep me from overdoing it right before my surgery. Instead, I have made another weight loss goal to achieve by the end of the month. I do find myself saying "This might be the last time I'll eat__________"

hi miss mellis

I was banded by Dr Ferrara on may 6th. I had my fisrt fill yesterday. i feel great i've al;rady lost 37 lbs. The staff is great so much support.

I actually had a good time at the fill we all sat in the couch room and were having a great time talking about our experiences. Maybe I'll see you at the fill. Good luck on your journey.

Phil

Hi Phil!

What was your 1st fill like? Did it hurt, feel funny or not much to it? Can you feel any difference yet? I get my first fill on Monday, I can not wait! Just in the last 2 days have I been able to eat more and I rather not. So I am very ready for some restrictions like the 1st 2 weeks. I like the staff also. It is nice that most of them have had the band and can talk to you from a personal experience. Good Luck, 37 pounds is a fantastic start!

Hi Melissa,

I live in Haslet on the border of Tarrant and Denton counties. I was banded by Dr. Ferrara on May 6th.

Phil

Melissa,

The fill was nothing you will feel the needle a little. You want feel any different as far as restriction and that is normal. According to the Dr. it takes 3 to 6 fills before you feel restrictions. It is son nice to talk to people that have gone through the same thing. I have met the nicest people it is so great to feel like not everybody is looking at you because you are big. My worst experience was about 6 months AGO coming out of resturan so guy said to me hey big guy did you leave any food for us. i feel so much better now

Were you self-pay-how much? Also who is Dr. J and where is he located?

Lin

My husband was just banded on Friday, June 6th, and yes he's complaining and fussing right about now (just like a man)HAHA. I am scheduled to be banded on June 13th, which is friday of next week by Dr. Frank Felts. Has anyone used him before? Looks like a lot of people have used Dr. Jay and Dr. Cribbins.

Let me know.

Jenn:confused:

:thumbup:MY NAME IS MICHELLE AND I AM SOON TO BE BANDED BY DR KURESHI AT TEXOMA MEDICAL CENTER ON THE OKLAHOMA TEXAS BORDEER. I LIVE ABOUT 70 MILES NORTH OF DALLAS/FT WORTH

I think I've just discovered my first non-scale victory (banded June 3). My wedding ring feels a bit loose. Not fall off my finger loose, just not tight, like normal.

DH has agreed I can get a puzzle ring if my wedding ring gets too big so maybe I'll be getting a new ring next year!

I am using Dr Felts to do my revision. I really like him alot. I had my first surgery in May 2005 and have had 2 slips in the last year so having to have a whole new band put in. Dr. Felts wasnt my original surgeon but I do like what I have seen about his staff and him.

Relxnthsun

Hi everyone. I live just 20 miles south of Dallas in Red Oak. I was banded by Dr, Rodriguez back in Feb 2006, I saw a new doctor, Dr. Watson on Friday and have been put on a liquid diet, I am starting all over again. Would love some support and banded friends. I work in Dallas at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Hope to hear from ya'll

Lisa

PS do you know where to get those BMI or weight loss indexes I see on so many peoples post. Would love to have one of those.

hi, who is your new dr? I was banded in feb 07 by dr. barker in east dallas. I don't live far from you, I'm near I20. I'm glad you have someone to monitor you and give fills. My sister had RNY by dr. rodriguez and did fine. The band is a slow but healthier way to lose weight. Some people lose more than others but don't let that discourage you. You can get great support by going out to our local bandster group at yahoo news group DFW Bandsters and Smartbandsters. I like them both.

I live in arlington so we are neighbors - after a good bit of research I chose True Results in Hurst and was banded by Dr. Marsden on July 18th. I really like his personality and seems like a normal guy; doesn't take himself too seriously. So far so good but no fills yet and I am self-pay so I really hope I don't have slippages or complications. What is the opinion on slippage - why does it happen?

lin2