Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just thought I would share my successes over that past 14 mos (actually Wed is 14 mos but lets not quibble)

I have lost 135 lbs from the start of this journey and have maintained easily for the past 3 months.

I was wearing size 28 and am now down to size 6.

I could not walk a few feet without huffing and puffing like a steam engine and now easily walk several miles every morning.

There is a large space between my tummy and the steering wheel when it used to be a tight squeeze.

I am off all blood pressure meds and have been since about a month after surgery.

I no longer use a CPAP machine and have not since shortly after surgery.

I have had ZERO problems with GERD, Refluxm, nausea etc. Occassional Constipation but Miralax is my friend.

I have been able to drink and then eat with not major problems pretty much from day one.

I can eat about anything albeit in small amounts and the sleeve has helped me learn to make better ie healthier choices. I sometimes make unhealthy choices but that is part of the human experience.

For the first time in many many years I do not feel like I am dieting. I do not count calories per se, I do not heavily restrict carbs though I am mindful about how many I take in.

I continue to be so grateful to my surgeon and my surgery for allowing me to be on this incredible journey.

Thanks for sharing that. I look forward to reaching your position myself. You give me hope.

Wow, thanks for sharing all of your wonderful achievements with us! It is very inspiring.

WOW. I would love to see pics if you felt ok with it. Cut off your head in the pics if you want! I think they would be a terrific inspiration to everyone coming after you.

I can't wait to wear a size six. This is my goal. Ohh if you don't mind me asking how tall are you and how much do you weigh now? It has been so long since I have been in small sizes I have no idea what size I might end up when I reach my goal.

This is such an encouraging story...thank you for sharing it. I have one question: How did you know when you could stop using the CPAP at night?

Photos are now available under Photos, Phoenixrising. The after photo was taken at a wedding and that is not my normal way to dress, I am generally way more casual.

I am also impressed that I was able to import those photos from a different site, I am not generally that computer competent.

As for the CPAP machine I just gradually stopped using it and everything was fine. Probably should have done that with medical supervision so I would not suggest you follow my example. As Charles Barkley said "I am not a role model".

I am happy to answer any questions about my surgical and post op experiences especially now that I have some confidence that everything I say will not be attacked because I did not use one of the "chosen few" surgeons.

I am so glad you posted your pictures. For those of us still going through the process, it really is a great motivator. You look absolutely fabulous!

I am like you, I really don't count calories either. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life counting everything I put in my mouth. I think that is one of the reasons I failed at weight watchers. I spent time researching how much Protein is in certain foods, and I keep track mentally in my head to make sure I am getting enough of it. That is about the extent of my counting. Now, if my weight loss should stall really bad, then I would probably count to see if I am doing something wrong. But, for the most part, as long as the weight is continuing to drop, I am a happy sleever.

:thumbup:Hi Phoenix,

I usually just read the posts of others in order to receive my information but your post gave me the incentive to share just a little of my journey. I don't know you but I'm extremely proud of you. This is not an easy battle but knowing that there are people out there that can relate, support, and cheerlead for you means a lot.

At my heaviest, I weighed 435. I developed hyperthyroidism (Graves Disease) and due to that lost down to 360. My journey began on February 25 of this year. Since that time, (6 months) I have lost 121 lbs. There is not way to describe what I am feeling. I have gone from wearing a size 6x or 36 dress size to a 22 and depending on the way the clothes are made, I can wear a 20. Some people don't recognize me and I just love it.

When I graduated high school, I weighed 313; therefore, I've never been small. I can't honestly say I know where I plan to stop and maintain. I'll know when I get there. Because I began in Feb. at 360, I say I'd like to lose a total of 200 lbs and see what it's like at 160. Who knows? I may want to lose a little more. My goal is not to be super skinny but to be healthy, have a low body fat percentage, and do away with obesity-related issues. This problem has been the root of my years of depressions, embarrassment, multiple attempts to take my life and cutting myself off from the world as much as possible.

Now, I have to remember that my 4 year old son gets tired:closedeyes:. We stay on the go! I'm always raring to go somewhere. I'm not tied to the house anymore and it feels as if I've stepped into someone elses' life.

Folks, please continue to share. You don't know how much your are encouraging others that may be struggling or just need a little push.

Be Blessed,

Sclady:thumbup1:

Edited by sclady68

PhoenixRising - Thanks for your great story - WOW that is an amazing weight loss - I hope to be able to do as well as you have done. I am only on BP medication and hoping to get off of it in the next 3 months. I've never been in a size 6 in my entire life, even when I wasn't overweight - however, if I can into a 10 or 12 I will be thrilled beyond belief.

SCLady - welcome to the forum, glad you decided to come out of hiding and share your story with us - keep posting and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

We're all here to support you!

Sclady, welcome to the forums! Thank you for sharing your story as well. It helps everyone to be able to read about others success and know that we can do this!

I am happy to answer any questions about my surgical and post op experiences especially now that I have some confidence that everything I say will not be attacked because I did not use one of the "chosen few" surgeons

Wow, that is really sad. We don't care here who your surgeon was.

We are really one big happy family here.

Congratulations on your success. I seemed to have stopped losing, even though I wouldn't mind losing a little bit more. My body seems to be happy where it is, at a size 10-12 but heck, at almost 57 I am good with that!