Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are my Flirty Thirties?

I've been lying off and on about my age since I was 21! I take 3 years off, standard. So, when I turn 33 this year, I will be turning ..... 30!!!! lol lol

Actually, I feel totally justified, particularly this year. When I really turned 30 I was terribly overweight and unhappy. I hope this time I turn 30 (hee hee) that I will be at goal and can Celebrate in public with friends family and acquaintances and not feel like a Fat Embarrassment. I think I have an image in my mind of me in a bar with lots of girlfriends, kissing cute boys and maybe riding a mechanical bull!! And NOT having food be the only thing I can participate in!

I'm 34 and although I don't attend my high school reunions, my hubby and I have a mini-college reunion every year at our college's homecoming. We haven't gone in the last 3 years for various reasons (surgery, car accident, etc) and I haven't been disappointed. I was 135 lbs in college and am 290 now....needless to say, I'm looking forward to getting sleeved in February and looking GOOD by October!!!! My goal is to lose 100 lbs by then!!

I woke up this morning in on my first day of my thirties feeling so ready for my new age and my soon-to-be new life as a sleever, probably the greatest present I could ever give to myself. I feel really happy and I don't hate myself this year, because I know things are going to change!

(I guess that waking up on holiday in Miami, far away from the cold of my hometown is helping improve my mood too!)

I'm turning 31 this year. Totally cracking up at the comments about fashion trends coming back. I was just talking about plaid coming back the other day. I remember begging my mom to buy me a plaid shirt when I was a senior in high school. Oh the memories...

Looks like I'm just sliding into this group.....39....class of '90. Yep a bit old for the crowd already assembled. Oh and $1 goes to the first to post a pic of themselves in tight rolled jeans.

Hello Flirty Thirties Crew!!!!

Just turned 33 a few days ago!!! Woo-Hoo!!!! Boy how time flies! I am so super excited to be taking back my life and beginning this new journey! It makes me look forward to my 40s (no rush however) THAT much more!!!

Bye the way....I agree with the fashion trends of the 80's coming back wit a VENGEANCE! Not only are skinny jeans, plaid shirts, converse, leggings and the like back in fashion but what about these haircuts?? LOL...mohawks, flat tops, "gumby." I literally was at a stop light and there was a some high schoolers who were waiting at the bus stop...a girl looking like Jody Watley with leggings, a ruffle skirt and big hoop earrings and a guy looking like Will Smith as the Prince of Belair!!!! Too funny! It was like I was in a time warp!

Cheers!

Hello Flirty Thirties Crew!!!!

Just turned 33 a few days ago!!! Woo-Hoo!!!! Boy how time flies! I am so super excited to be taking back my life and beginning this new journey! It makes me look forward to my 40s (no rush however) THAT much more!!!

Bye the way....I agree with the fashion trends of the 80's coming back wit a VENGEANCE! Not only are skinny jeans, plaid shirts, converse, leggings and the like back in fashion but what about these haircuts?? LOL...mohawks, flat tops, "gumby." I literally was at a stop light and there was a some high schoolers who were waiting at the bus stop...a girl looking like Jody Watley with leggings, a ruffle skirt and big hoop earrings and a guy looking like Will Smith as the Prince of Bel Air!!!! Too funny! It was like I was in a time warp!

Cheers!

I'm a Flirty Thirty too!!! Will be 33 this year (Oct) and I couldn't be happier that I am taking my life back now instead of later!!!!

You know what they say, if you were old enough to wear it the first time, you're too old to wear it the second time! =P Not that I'm interested in wearing giant baggy jeans, enormous doc marten boots, a body stocking, and massive plaid flannel shirt. Er, no thanks! Instead, I really want to bring back the fashions that I didn't get to participate in during the last 13 years because of my size, particularly the year 1998. '98-99 was the year of long shaggy tousled layered hair, pencil skirts with below the knee boots, and suits with teeny skirts.

Also, at 32, I want to -FINALLY- make a lifetime dream come true and wear the Princess Lea-gold bikini outfit for halloween. I figure if I can hit goal by then and wear a nude full body stocking, that I can carry it off.

I do wonder though if there is a way to freshen and update a piece of clothing that I still have from '94 - a plaid wool kilt. Probably not, huh?

Looks like I'm just sliding into this group.....39....class of '90. Yep a bit old for the crowd already assembled. Oh and $1 goes to the first to post a pic of themselves in tight rolled jeans.

You and me both. Class of 1990....seems like forever ago! LOL, if I dig hard enough I might be able to find a photo of those pegged and rolled jeans.:D I know I had big hair in the 80's. :mullet:

I plan on living up my last year in the decade of my thirties!!! My forties are going to be so much more fun since I plan on having a healthy BMI.

Wooo Hoooo! Waiting for that picture...I have the $1 in a paypal account all ready to go. :) I know what you mean about the upcoming 40's. It's been a long times since I've had such a positive outlook on life.

You and me both. Class of 1990....seems like forever ago! LOL, if I dig hard enough I might be able to find a photo of those pegged and rolled jeans.:D I know I had big hair in the 80's. :mullet:

I plan on living up my last year in the decade of my thirties!!! My forties are going to be so much more fun since I plan on having a healthy BMI.