Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are my Flirty Thirties?

I'm 36 and live in Atlanta. My surgery is Aug. 31 -- in 13 days!

Is anybody else out there hoping to be done "cooking" (losing weight and getting tucked) in time for their 20th high school reunion? I'm just two years away from that, and I hope I'll be pretty close.

travelchick

I'm 36 and live in Atlanta. My surgery is Aug. 31 -- in 13 days!

Is anybody else out there hoping to be done "cooking" (losing weight and getting tucked) in time for their 20th high school reunion? I'm just two years away from that, and I hope I'll be pretty close.

travelchick

I'm hoping to be done "cooking" before my 35th class reunion in 2011. (Yes, I'm OLD)

Is anybody else out there hoping to be done "cooking" (losing weight and getting tucked) in time for their 20th high school reunion?

No because my next reunion is my 35th HS reunion. I'm old too! :001_tt2:

travelchick

Bahaha... same boat here. I didn't even think about the fact that my 20th HS reunion is a year or two away. Just had my surgery a week ago and at 1-2lb/week, I'll be at goal weight by the time that rolls around. Sweet!! Thanks for giving me something to look forward to!

I'll be 32 on the 4th of October, just around the corner!

I'm 38, but always say I'm 29! Most people think I'm much younger so it works. =)

Ive turned 29 for 4 years...it is amazing that my youngest son who is 9 believes it every year. My older son, the no-nonsense guy, just rolls his eyes each year...he figured it out the second year hehe. He is 11 now.

I'm 32 too!!!! Just turned in mid-August. High School class of '96? There sure are a lot of us 32sies here, I blame Kate Moss! lol, in high school I was built like Marilyn Monroe in the grunge mid-90's when heroin chic was the look, crap! Anybody else remember flannel, flirting with the tabs from soda cans, and Doc Martens? :thumbup:

I'm 32 too!!!! Just turned in mid-August. High School class of '96? There sure are a lot of us 32sies here, I blame Kate Moss! lol, in high school I was built like Marilyn Monroe in the grunge mid-90's when heroin chic was the look, crap! Anybody else remember flannel, flirting with the tabs from soda cans, and Doc Martens? :w00t:

Ohhhh geez talk about memories ! ! ! I'm 33 now, class of '95, and it's so funny to see trends that I wore in middle and high school coming back with a vengeance.

I was at my son's school yesterday for our PTA board meeting, and there were girls wearing converse all-star shoes with thick (like 2 inch) neon pink and neon green shoelaces, seriously? ? ?

Remember tapered leg jeans? Now, they're back, and skinny jeans are in as well. But, I actually saw a few kids wearing tapered leg jeans. I thought "EEEKKKK it's me 20 years ago."

I think I'm just going to start counting back the years now.

I think I saw something in a recent fashion mag that, without irony, gave tips on how to wear the grunge look but make it hip and fresh!:001_tongue:

More mid 90's stuff: I wore dark dark red lipstick that I painstakingly lined and filled in, my friends were always complaining about the time it took me to do my lips. of course the rest of my face was super pale. What else ... friends used Kool-Aid to dye their hair ... most of the boys hair was as long or longer than a lot of the girls ... and long before Twilight the hottest thing at the movies was Brad Pitt as an anguished vampire with luscious, luscious lipsss ...:( Or Brad Pitt as the tortured WWI veteran in the wilds of Montana ... :drool: Gawd what his butt did to a pair of chaps ...

I think I saw something in a recent fashion mag that, without irony, gave tips on how to wear the grunge look but make it hip and fresh!:thumbup:

More mid 90's stuff: I wore dark dark red lipstick that I painstakingly lined and filled in, my friends were always complaining about the time it took me to do my lips. of course the rest of my face was super pale. What else ... friends used Kool-Aid to dye their hair ... most of the boys hair was as long or longer than a lot of the girls ... and long before Twilight the hottest thing at the movies was Brad Pitt as an anguished vampire with luscious, luscious lipsss ...:) Or Brad Pitt as the tortured WWI veteran in the wilds of Montana ... ;) Gawd what his butt did to a pair of chaps ...

LOLOLOL Just last month in Glamour was how to wear plaid. PLAID! I had Nirvana flash backs!