Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where to get protein foods and samples

A really common problem immediately pre-op is how to get all your Protein in. One of the reasons that it is hard is that a lot of Protein Drinks taste horrible, especially immediately post-op when our sense of smell and our taste buds are heightened.

One way to find a Protein Drink you like without breaking the bank is to get samples and try a lot of them. Where can you get samples?

I have also heard that Syntrax will send you a sample pack of their products for free or a small charge, but I've never been able to find the info on how to get it on their site. I think you have to contact them via email or phone to get the samples.

In terms of buying protein in stores, GNC sells many of their Proteins in individual packets and in smaller bags. They will also let you return any Protein Powder you buy from them even if it's opened. So you can try it and, if you hate it, you can return it.

Jay Robb makes single serving packets of their proteins. I bought them at Vitamin Shoppe.< /p>

You can also get special bariatric food that is made to be higher in Protein and lower in carbs than the regular versions. You can get protein pancake mix, hot chocolate, fruit flavored drinks, sloppy joe mix, Soups, etc.

Thanks for all the great info Mac and for making it a sticky - easier to find. I'm going to be checking into some of these - especially the high protein/low carb foods - sloppy joe sounds really good (even at 6:30 in the morning)!

People should add their sources too!

Hi everyone,

I just orded the starter pack at powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. You get 2 samples of each flavor, a shaker and themometer. It is $17.95. If you boufgt the samples seperate it would have been $21.00. So It is a pretty good deal. I just thought I would share :o)

http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/unjury-protein/unjury-starter-pack.html

hi everyone, I have been searching for different Protein samples and I found with synthax nectar you can get 13 samples for 13 dollars and free shipping. I am adding the ad below.

We are currently offering a one time only, limit one per person special on the Nectar ‘Variety Sampler’ containing 13 full serving packets of the following flavors: Apple Ecstasy, caribbean cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, strawberry Kiwi, Twisted cherry, chocolate Truffle, Strawberry Mousse, vanilla Bean Torte and Latte Cappuccino. The price is $13.00. The Nectar Variety Sampler receives FREE SHIPPING and orders typically arrive in 2-5 business days via UPS Ground. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please give us a call at 866-333-7403 x 801. Our hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm Central time.”

This is great guys! Thanks, I am still about 6 months out but this was definitely things I was thinking about!!! Quick question, do you guys use the Protein Shakes as meals even after you are on solids, and way post op? I know I use drinks called Isopures for lunch sometimes if I am busy, they aren't hoooorrible, just not great wink.gif

HI everyone,

I am on the search for this as I think having stuff you like can make a huge difference!

My doctor has an e-sales area on his site and I would love to know if this seems like a good deal or not I am just starting out looking around but if his stuff is good and if it's reasonably priced I would love to get it through him.

It actually is the Bariatric Advantage stuff- I would love feedback about it.

If anyone in Northern CA is looking for a great doctor - Dr. John Feng

COMBO493_s.jpg Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Post Op Kit

Contains:

2 - Bariatric Advantage High Protein Meal Replacements (35 servings each)

(21 days/3 meals per day = 3 TUBs)

1 - Bariatric Advantage® Multi-Form Chew Orange (180 count bottle)

(2 tablets per day= 1 bottle)

1 - Bariatric Advantage® chewable Iron (60mg) - Passion fruit (90 count bottle)

(1 tablet per day= 1 bottle)

1 - Bariatric Advantage® Calcium Citrate Lozenges w/ Vit. D. - 500mg (270 count bottle)

(3 tablets per day= 1 bottle)

$ 215.25 addToCart.gif

Thank you so much! I needed this!

A really common problem immediately pre-op is how to get all your Protein in. One of the reasons that it is hard is that a lot of Protein drinks taste horrible, especially immediately post-op when our sense of smell and our taste buds are heightened.

One way to find a Protein Drink you like without breaking the bank is to get samples and try a lot of them. Where can you get samples?

Chike Nutrition - will send you a sample of each flavor they make for the cost of shipping

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury - sells samples of all their flavors.

Vitalady.com - Protein supplements, Vitamins & Minerals, and Safe Snacks! - will make up a sample baggie of any protein they sell. Also has pre-packaged samples from the manufacturers that make them

Nashua Nutrition - Protein powders :: Protein powder Samples (1 Serving) - sells many protein samples from many companies include Optimum Nutrition and Syntrax (makers of Syntrax Nectars, which are very popular)

Protein Sample Starter Kit - Our bestselling RTD's & Powdered Proteins PLUS - a starter pack to get you through the first few weeks. It's not all Protein Drinks.< /p>

Special Discount Packages : Laparoscopic Associates: new eStore - my surgeon's starter packs. Includes some protein Soups and other "bariatric" foods.

Netrition Protein Sampler Pack - sells a sample pack of their "Most popular protein products". But this is not a WLS site, but a general nutrition site so some of the samples may not be appropriate for us. (Most in the picture looked fine though.)

I have also heard that Syntrax will send you a sample pack of their products for free or a small charge, but I've never been able to find the info on how to get it on their site. I think you have to contact them via email or phone to get the samples.

In terms of buying protein in stores, GNC sells many of their Proteins in individual packets and in smaller bags. They will also let you return any Protein Powder you buy from them even if it's opened. So you can try it and, if you hate it, you can return it.

Jay Robb makes single serving packets of their proteins. I bought them at Vitamin Shoppe.

Wow, thanks for all the resources. I'm also glad to know that a heightened sense of smell and taste is normal......finding a Protein source that is tolerable is HUGE.

hi everyone, I have been searching for different Protein samples and I found with synthax nectar you can get 13 samples for 13 dollars and free shipping. I am adding the ad below.

We are currently offering a one time only, limit one per person special on the nectar ‘Variety Sampler’ containing 13 full serving packets of the following flavors: Apple Ecstasy, caribbean cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, strawberry Kiwi, Twisted cherry, chocolate Truffle, strawberry Mousse, vanilla Bean Torte and Latte Cappuccino. The price is $13.00. The Nectar Variety Sampler receives FREE SHIPPING and orders typically arrive in 2-5 business days via UPS Ground. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please give us a call at 866-333-7403 x 801. Our hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm Central time.”

Thanx! Just ordered these this morning =)

MyBariactricPantry.com

dietdirect.com

bariactricchoice.com

all these places sell Protein items, the time it takes for delivery is awesome. Prices are good...