Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointment has set in

It has to be a typo because the grams she listed for fats, Protein and carbs is 454 calories.

It's very common to stall at 2 weeks out. There really isn't anything you can do but be patient and keep following the rules of your program. Not weighing yourself all the time helps too. :biggrin0:

This is just my experience and my Doc's plan ok?

My doc has a very strict plan-

*400-600 cals

*60-80 gr protein

*64oz Water ( or MORE )

*NO snacking

*Stop drinking 30 minute prior to meals, and don't drink for 30 min. to an hour after meals.

*Exercise

I think most plans call for this, but I know alot of docs say to have a "snack" of cheese etc... I didn't and the past month is when I have "cheated" more, meaning I have snacked. I still can't eat in the morning, so I still use Protein Drinks for my Breakfast.

One of the things that got us overweight is not eating 3 times a day, so I always make sure to eat, even if it is a Protein Drink.

Start keeping a journal, not just a food journal, but write down your thoughts, feelings, moods, when you eat and what you eat. I do this every morning after I weigh and take my shower.... it's my time to reflect.... I post my weight, plan my day, set my goals... and then I try to write at night, mainly putting down everything I have eaten...

( not always successful there)

Water is also good when we think we're hungry, and we're actually dehydrated...

Start measuring yourself!

Do it once a week, I do it every Monday... and even if the scale doesn't move.. the inches do!

Have patience! I will happen, just follow the rules.

It's just frustrating and thats what groups like this is for to help us thru those ruff times!

G'luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks so much for your reply. You count calories and Protein not carbs correct? It sure looks like you have been doing it right by your ticker. How long has it taken you to lost the posted weight? I have been getting between 465-620 calories. The protein has been 52-62. THe carbs have been 38-57. I try to walk twice a day. It looks like I need to keep the calories a lot lower. Then up the protein

Breakfast- 1/2 cup cottage cheese and tuna or Salmon or a Protein Shake with skim milk.

Lunch-fatfree refried Beans with mozzarella cheese or yogurt with protien powder.< /p>

Dinner-1/2 salmon or tuna with 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

snack thru the day have been-cheese stick, SF popcycle, sugar free fat free pudding. Not all in one day may one snack in the evening.

If I use my protien drink it is 190 calories. 100 protien and 90 skim milk so this adds up to quick. Does this look like anything you are doing? Thanks so much for helping out.

L

I'm 6 months out... had my VSG on 2/9/09

I count EVERYTHING! lol

Read your labels... takes me foreva to grocery shop, but it's worth it.

I completly stay away from bread, Pasta, rice and dairy. I might have some cheese and yogurt ( kroger has carb masters, great numbers and taste REALY good )

Sice I have so much weight to lose, this has worked for me. And my Protein drinks... I mix with water... not too terrible- and I didn't want the extra calories.

Breakfast I use Body Fortress "cookies N'cream" and add it to my coffee... it's really yummmy.

1 scoop= 130 cals

3 g. carbs

26 g. protein

or I'll have a ready to drink EAS

110 cals

2 g carbs

17 g protein

Lunch and dinner are basicly the same every day-

3 oz of fish, chicken, turkey, tuna etc.

and a veggie

My plan calls for no red meat until goal

( but I have had a steak:blushing:)

No pork- salad or fruit until 6 months- but I HAD to have salad... I love it.

How much weight do you have/want to lose?

I think that has a lot to do with it too.... I think because I have so much to lose- it came off faster. The less you have to lose- the slower.

I have 55 pounds to goal- and my loss has slowed down.

As long as the scale isn't going up- I'm ok with it. And it will go up 1-3 pounds and I lose that and stay on track. I know alot of people don't weigh every day- but I do- it holds me accountable for the day.

Hope this helped some- you can PM me any time-

Thanks so very very much. I am going to stop the skim milk with my shakes. I will try to find BOdy Fortress somewhere I have not heard of that. Again thanks for all your help.

No, you don't need to keep calories lower. I lost most of my weight eating 650-850 calories a day.

Most programs only want you to keep your calories under 800. (Some even want them higher than that, but that's unusual.) Once you are on regular food, 600-800 is perfectly reasonable and most people can lose 2-3 lb. a week doing that, if you exercise 3-4x a week for at least 30 min.

There is a risk if you go too low that you can suffer from malnutrition. Yes, we take Vitamins, but that doesn't replace everything. You need a variety of food to do that.

You really need to up your Protein too. You are barely getting enough for someone who is eating at least 1200 calories a day. You are risking losing too much muscle mass by not getting adequate Protein. Since muscle is more dense than fat, if you lose muscle mass, the scale might look good, but you'll be bigger than if you lose mostly fat. It's much better to be a smaller size in your clothes than a smaller number on the scale.< /p>

My BMI is 21.4 and I am as small as I was when my BMI was 19. That's because I eat a lot of protein and workout. As a result, I didn't lose *any* muscle mass through this process.

I try to keep my carbs under 30 and 800 calories per day. I use Water in my Protein drinks.< /strong>

Hi WayupNorth...

I get the body Fortress at Wal-Mart in their pharmacy section, along with the EAS- The Body Fortress comes in alot of flavors...I'm not a fan of the strawberry or Vanilla- which surprised me ( I LOVE vanilla) it's about $15 for a big tub of it!

Hi WayupNorth, you are probably still swollen inside and that is holding Water. It will go down, probably quite suddenly. Chin up and pip pip from the UK.

I am 11 weeks out from VSG surgery and have only lost 29 lbs...I'm very disappointed after losing so much of my stomach!! I live on watermelon and s/f, f/f fruit bars.

Anyone feel the same??

Deb, how much Protein do you have each

day?

So you've lost 2-3 pounds a week -- which is what most surgeons want you to be losing and what most bypass patients lose.

What exactly is disappointing about that?

I agree with MacMadame, Deb, you are doing great. That is a nice, healthy weekly average weight loss.