Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something Else is Missing...

Hello Everyone,

I had my sleeve done on August 5th and now I'm starting over...I'm glad to have a place to come and chat/blog with folks having similar experiences. My story is short...family hx of obesity. Father had gastric bypass 5 years ago, mom had lap band 3 months ago, cousins have had WLS...my parents said they would pay for me because they didn't want me to have to wait as long as they did (retired with major health issues. I'm blessed for sure.:biggrin0:

It's weird, I physically am going through what most are; however, does anyone have the feeling of a burden being lifted? I know I have a long journey ahead; however, this is the first time in a LONG TIME I have felt joy...a light feeling. The doom and gloom feeling is gone.

Anyways...glad to be here and glad you all are here as well.

Question: where can I get the weightloss ticker all of you have:001_tt2:

I had that feeling of relief when I had my surgery. I was so thankful to have the band out of my body, and to have the sleeve completed.

Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy... is where I got my ticker ! ! !

Welcome to the board, and I look forward to hearing more of your progress.

Hi Caro, and welcome to our forums. We are glad to have you join us. I had that feeling when I got my sleeve, but it was because I was having my very troublesome band removed!

By the way, I am in Jacksonville too!

Welcome Caro to the forum -- happy to have you. You are very lucky to have such caring and understanding parents - that is so cool. We look forward to hearing about and following your journey.

THanks everyone...so far so good. The only troubles I've had to this point are:

stiff neck from hospital stay

huge bruise from shots in my stomach (blood thinner)

I laugh because I have had major surgery and taking out half of my stomach and you'd think things would be worse...I'm blessed!

Hey Susan, shoot me an email off line if you want and maybe we can meet for a popsicle....I'm buying!

I feel like I've become my true self. It's awesome. :biggrin:

Caro, glad to hear you are doing well! I may just take you up on that popsicle as hot as it has been here lately!

I have a long way to go before I have those feelings. Right now, with the focus so much on what I can eat and being so careful post surgically, I would bet in a month or so I will begin to feel that burden ease as well.

What a great attitude you have! Makes me glad I've decided to go through with this and that I'm not alone. Great quote by ALBERT CAMUS, I love it.

Keep us posted.

Hi Cheri, i had mine done on the 17th and am just getting back on the computer. i'm still in mexico. hope you are feeling better, my only problem was too much liquid vicodin. i don't even take aspirin, so any drugs affect me negatively. i layed out at the pool today, obviously under an umbrella. just a little tired, but feeling better, lost another 7 lbs. just taking the liquids slowly is the key! hope you are feeling better