Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to Mexico on August 9th

VSG Surgery is on August 10th with Dr. Aceves. Is ANYONE else going down that next week?:ohmy:

Hi AJW, I just wanted to pop in and say congrats on getting a date. I know we have several going in August, I suspect you will hear from them soon.

Great! I hope so. Look forward to meeting up with whomever may be joining me.

Hi AJW, I just wanted to pop in and say congrats on getting a date. I know we have several going in August, I suspect you will hear from them soon.

AJ,

I know you are both nervous and excited. We will be here for you. Best of luck even though you wont need it, you will be in the best of hands.

I am hoping to have VSG within the next 6 months, once I decide where to have it. What helped you decide on your choice for a surgeon?

Lots of research on who was the best for this procedure. Dr. Aceves came out on top. I have insurance that will cover this procedure, but IMO Dr. Aceves has the most experience, so I chose him. There could be others as well, but I'm unaware of them. I'm sure other folks on this forum can advise you more extensively.

I am hoping to have VSG within the next 6 months, once I decide where to have it. What helped you decide on your choice for a surgeon?

Research - lots of research - the experience of the surgeon, the % of complications, the location, the cost ... I was a self-pay, Dr. Aceves had fantastic credentials and in over 600 sleeves had not had any leaks, his cost was significantly less than it would cost in the US, and he was only 5-6 hours from home. After the entire experience, I would recommend him to anyone regardless of where they live.

I used WASa's "How to research a Mexican Doctor" as a starting point and modified to work for any doctor and for the sleeve. (She now has one on the sleeve you can use instead). I sent it to all the people covered by my insurance. Then, when I found out my insurance wouldn't pay for any WLS, I expanded to include any surgeon in my area who had a good reputation.

Hi AJW

My date is also the 10th August....BUT lol im in Australia....sooooo i wont be seeing you there. <grins> funny you know...its almost like a special bond to someone thats going through the same thing at the same time. soo good luck hey!!!!!

I'll be thinking of you in spirit. I've been on a pre-op diet since May 26th and have lost 25 pounds on Medifast. So I'm geared for eating much less already. Now if I don't get nauseous afterward I'll be a happy camper!

I'll be thinking of you in spirit. I've been on a pre-op diet since May 26th and have lost 25 pounds on Medifast. So I'm geared for eating much less already. Now if I don't get nauseous afterward I'll be a happy camper!

They will give you something for that in recovery and any other time you feel like you need it -- I had one bout - never really threw up - but got all flushed and sweaty - and they were there johnny-on-the-spot with the medication. I hope you don't have any problems with it.

Bearded had a lot of trouble; however, I truly believe his was more from old blood being in his stomach than from anything else. I still felt just awful for him and wouldn't want anyone to have to go through it.

My daughter is here now, had the surgery on Aug 5. EVERYONE here is great. I love the Mexican people. ALL of the doctors and nurses are so kind and helpful. I highly recommend getting the surgery done here.

Labrys, thanks for updating us on your daughter. How is she feeling? Has she considered joining the forums as well? We do have some younger members on here that perhaps she can relate to.

good luck Linda. I absolutely loved Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos, as well as all the nurses.

I hope you'll be able to check in with us while you are there!

Hi guys, I'm not Linda but I'm the one going. We're in SD right now,leaving from here to Calexico in a bit. I'm getting a case of the nerves this AM. Did not sleep well due to all the party people in the hotel last night. Today is very sobering as the reality of this whole thing sets in. I have tests on arrival, then to the Lucerna to rest before tomorrow. Thanks for your support. April