Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Expectations during liq pre op diet???

You can see my post in general discussions area...about covers it all! But, yes, I had headaches at first, and battling the tireds. But feeling better here on day 11.

Another thing I found that wasn't particularly pleasant was liquids in, liquids out.

I have learned from reading different posts that I may have headaches and be tired during the liquid pre op diet-- anything else I should anticipate?

I found quiting the pepsi max gave me a week and a half of catastrophic headaches...glad i gave that up before taking on the battle of giving up most food too. im now at the end of day 3 and i havent had a headache, which i think is a TOTAL mirical!!! as far as feeling tired, i havent had any of that so far. been drinking bucket loads of Water and eating extremely low carb foods (docs orders) if anything im feeling quiet well and actually sleeping way better.

I have been prone to headache, not so many migrain (enough to know i dont want any more) all my life....so far...so good. :wink1:

You can see my post in general discussions area...about covers it all! But, yes, I had headaches at first, and battling the tireds. But feeling better here on day 11.

Glad to hear it gets better! I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I think it's what I've dreaded the most.

I scheduled my surgery back in June and since then I've just basically tried to maintain. Now the last two days I've eaten everything in sight! I think I'm going to regret that come tomorrow morning.

How did the rest of you do before starting the pre-op?

Bob, best wishes on your surgery next week!

How did the rest of you do before starting the pre-op?

I did alright on my pre-op diet. My co-ordinator told me to just do the Atkins diet and I would be fine and I was. If your dr did not want you on liquids pre-op, I would suggest staying away from liquids because you are going to get so sick of liquids post-op for the 2 weeks or whatever your doc requires.

I had several last meals too. Dumb to do because you just gain wt but I wanted to be sure I had my fill of my favorite things. I knew I would never be able to eat as before.

Good luck, and success with your surgery. carol

Fatigue and headaches hit me hard between days 4-6 of my 2 week pre-op diet. I had already given up sodas and caffeine so that wasn't a problem. Yesterday and today I feel MUCH better. Just a few more days, I'm on the downhill side.:thumbup:

I am sure I will get a caffiene withdrawal headache-- does tylenol help that?

I don't know if Tylenol will help or not -- I sure as heck would give it a try as the withdrawal headaches bite.

I have a bmi of 35, but my dr. wants me on yogurt and shakes 2 weeks pre-op! I've been on them 1.5days and lost 3lbs already! I don't know why I can't just do low carb, since the Protein Shakes and yogurt are more carbs. I get sleeved on Aug 17th...

Bearded

Please don't tell me that you had caffeine withdrawal headaches the whole time you were off caffiene-- Doesn't it go away at some point????

Attitude---

I was sleeved on a Sat. Sunday I slept all day, Monday I had headache, Tue & Wed & Thur. Friday I said screw this and had some coffee, ONE cup and no headache. As the days progressed I progressed with my coffee, today 26 days out I have two cups daily nuttin more.

So to answer your question yes I had headaches everyday till I added the caffeine back......DONT LIKE THOSE KIND OF HEADACHES they hurt realllllllllllllll bad.

Attitude---

I was sleeved on a Sat. Sunday I slept all day, Monday I had headache, Tue & Wed & Thur. Friday I said screw this and had some coffee, ONE cup and no headache. As the days progressed I progressed with my coffee, today 26 days out I have two cups daily nuttin more.

So to answer your question yes I had headaches everyday till I added the caffeine back......DONT LIKE THOSE KIND OF HEADACHES they hurt realllllllllllllll bad.

Yes, my husband was sipping a little bit of caffeine too (before he was really supposed to.) He is about 10 days out now and his surgeon's office allows a minumum amount of caffeine at this point. (full liquid stage)

Dr. Aceves doesn't recommend it; however, WASa told me that she was so addicted to coffee that he finally allowed her to add it back in on Day 6 ... I drink about 1/4 a cup in the morning - it just doesn't taste the same to me anymore but I have to have something warm first thing and it's handy -- hot tea has lost it's appeal too ... although I did have some green tea at a chinese restaurant a few weeks back that was really good -- wish I knew what brand it was.