Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do that you couldn't do before the sleeve?

Wow! Reading all these stories is just amazing and encourages me so much! Well, I am just 1 week post-op and so eager to start losing. But before I got to a horrible 211lbs I used to be a very active girl. I used to jog, ride bike, do spinning and step classes at the gym and most importantly used to compete in Duathlon and Triahlons. I want to be able to compete in a triathlon again. Be able to easily transition between a swim, bike, and run without any problem at all or feeling like my heart and longs were going to pop out and collapse! I am so excited I have made this decision and so eager to get to the point where a lot of you are at!!!

Thanks again for all these wonderful posts!

Sury

I want to be able to take my kids to a waterpark. I'm so tired of saying "we're going to do this or that after mommy loses weight". I've been saying that for a long time and now they are 12 and 10 and I don't want to miss out on anymore of their lives!

My hubby and I have booked a cruise for January '11, and I plan to put on a bathing suit and frolic on the beach, and lounge around by the pool!

I've been very encouraged today reading this thread. I'm 5 days post op today and struggling with my emotions (I think its cause of my meds) but really needed the encouragement today.

The one think I want to do that no one has mentioned is to be able to go into a public restroom and not have to worry about being able to get out. :sneaky2: This might be TMI - but somehow there are stalls that I can get in but struggle getting out of - so I'm really looking forward to that! LOL

I'm also in college full time (at age 46) and will be graduating about the same time I should hit my goal weight. My reward will be a forest green, convertable, mini cooper! Can't wait!!!! :(

things i want to do:

1. stop cropping my pictures. seriously, i am the master at hiding my fat in photographs. i love pictures, but man, for once i want to put all of me in the picture!

2. i want to wear a size 7 shoe. since i've gained weight i'm up to an 8 1/2. and it's not because my feet have grown so much.

3. i want to run. it looks so fun. and i just think that it would be amazing to do so without getting winded after 30 seconds of running.

4. i want to play with my kids. normally i'm so dang tired and it just feels like effort to do anything physical. this makes me feel sad and terrible.

5. i want things on me to stop hurting. 100 extra pounds makes for a lot of pain on joints...

6. i want to work out and feel like i accomplish something. it is so frustrating to work out and eat properly for 6 weeks and beyond and then wonder, "why am i doing this?" i need to see results. ugh.

and lastly, i won't number this one, because it's not really a number kind of thing. but i want to be who i am. i love myself. WLS has nothing to do with self hate or pity. i accept who i am at 218 pounds and i will regardless of how much weight i lose. i just can't keep living like this, because if i do, i know that i will end up 400 pounds or dead. regardless of how "healthy" i'd like to think i am (no blood pressure problems, great cholesterol, etc) the truth of the matter is that it's just NOT healthy to carry around a hundred extra pounds. i want to see my kids grow up. i want to not think twice about buying clothes. i want other people to see me as i see myself. fat people get stereotyped. i am NOT a stereotype... i love life and just want to continue living it. :(

I turned 40 last July and had always wanted to go skydiving so my husband registered me for a wknd skydiving expedition in Dallas, I was so excited. The Fri before the trip I went on their website for directions and saw that I was 20 lb above the maximum weight requirement...I was devastated!! This July on my 41st birthday I will be in Dallas and I will have my first skydiving experience...it'll be a year late but hopefully just as fulfilling an experience.

I'm only 2 weeks out and have a ways to go but I would looove to cross my legs without wedging my foot on something to keep it pinned there. I would love to go shopping with friends and buy something besides shoes and purses.

I love these!! Totally lol at the crossing legs and needing to wedge your foot in somewhere! I hate that! Everyone is sitting down and I have to calculate where I can sit and use something to wedge my foot to keep it from flinging out!

And shopping, yes, it would be fun to shop with all my friends, who are all thin and in shape, and be able to buy clothing! Instead of just picking up a pair of socks!! I am so looking forward to getting out of the plus sizes and the ugly clothes at Lane Bryant. Oh, I would love to wear sleeveless tops again!

Also for me, I know so many have a hard time giving up food, but I am so excited to go out to parties, etc and just pick at a couple things, instead of spending time and energy trying to eat everything in sight without anyone noticing. I want to live a life where I am not controlled by food. Where I can spend my time thinking of something besides food.

I want to have confidence to go volunteer in my children's school, without the self loathing. I want to go places and not spend the entire time thinking of how I am the biggest one in the room.

Mostly I want to experience life without thinking about my weight continuosly. Without worrying about if my muffin top is showing, or trying to cover up my arms, or not wanting to do a family activity (going to the beach, taking a bike ride, etc) becaue of how I will look and feel.

Ok, mine is so long, I should just make it a blog!

1. Wear a decent bathing suit that is something I like rather than the least worst thing I can find to wear.

2. Lift my own body weight again (it has been a while).

3. Be tone.

4. Buy cute clothes in petite size (I'm short) that I LOVE. I refuse to buy/keep anything I don't love from now on.

5. Run around a whole block with energy to spare.

6. My real dream is to wear a bikini.....and have it look great. I bet I'd get a sunburn on my stomach b/c I haven't ever done that since I was like 16 years old.

7. Take horseback riding lessons and see if I like it.

8. Take a vacation with my husband and be able to eat more than 3 bites of food.< /p>

9. Eat nachos w/beef, sour cream, and big slices of jalapenos again...I miss those. I'm scared to death of spicy foods at the moment, but missing them.

10. Be able to eat and enjoy myself in a restaurant - traveling through Mexico.

Congratulations Booklady on returning to college and to have two victories when you reach your goal and graduate. Good for you! Don't be discouraged, first few days are rough for quite a few of us but it gets so much better. I am so glad I did this for myself and all these wishes everyone has put on here is seconded by me! Enjoy your journey.