Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do that you couldn't do before the sleeve?

NOW WE'RE TALKING....NOW I got you guys thinking..keep em coming....what I'll do is take all the Ideas...and do some sketches then you can choose which on you like. What do you think?

I think that is an awesome idea Judy - thanks!

I can't wait to see some of your sketches. As for ideas, I am drawing a blank.

I am sure we all have our personal reasons for wanting to lose weight and get the sleeve. And, I am sure there are certain things we all want to do once we reach goal that we have held back from doing because of our weight. I personally find those goals/dreams to be very motivating, and like to see some of the things that motivate others to lose weight, besides the obvious one of better health.

For me, I want to be able to go to the beach without feeling ashamed and embarrassed. I want to lose the huge cover-up that I always where when we go. Another thing I have wanted to do my whole adult life is to shop at Victoria's Secret. I have never been able to due to my size. But, once I reach goal, I want to buy tons of sexy bras, panties and nighties.

So, share with us, what do you want to do?

I thought of a few more things;

I want to DANCE again, SWIM again, HIKE again,

GO Horse back riding again, Ride Motorcycles again.

Oh, Judy, I would love to go horseback riding too!

I love your success story. I'm about to turn 61 before my VSG. I'm 200 lbs and 5'3", carrying it mostly in the mid body and upper arms and back. I want to ask you what if any problems you've had with loose skin as your weight came off.

Hi TinyTummy, and welcome to VST! We are so happy to have you join us. You will find lots of wonderful people here.

I am still fairly new into my journey, and right now, I do have quite a bit of loose skin. However, I am told to give it a year once you reach goal weight before having any work done, as the skin may tighten up during that time period. I am truly hoping that will be the case for me.

Do you have a date set yet? Who is your doctor? Let us know if you have any questions, we are always happy to help.

ME TOO!!!! At least then I won't feel sorry that I might break the horses' back anymore!:)

Welcome Tiny to our forum - I am not very far out from surgery (just under 4 months) so I cannot answer your questions about excess skin. I have heard the same thing as Susan - wait a year after reaching goal to see how much things tighten up. That part may be as difficult as reaching goal!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Keep us posted on your journey~

GO Horse back riding again.

ME TOO!!!! At least then I won't feel sorry that I might break the horses' back anymore!:)

That was one of my desires, too, which I was able to accomplish on our cruise because I was way under their maximum weight ... it was nice to get up on the horse and not hear him moan from the weight! Keep on keeping on and we'll all make it!

Hi TinyTummy, and welcome to VST! We are so happy to have you join us. You will find lots of wonderful people here.

I am still fairly new into my journey, and right now, I do have quite a bit of loose skin. However, I am told to give it a year once you reach goal weight before having any work done, as the skin may tighten up during that time period. I am truly hoping that will be the case for me.

Do you have a date set yet? Who is your doctor? Let us know if you have any questions, we are always happy to help.

I am very curious about the loose skin. That is a big concern for me. I mean we all put so much money into surgery (or at least I will, I'm a self pay) and I'll work hard to loose the weight only to have to pay for another surgery to remove the skin?

Will execise work at all, to make the skin shrink at least partly? What should I do? I watch the biggiest looser and those people to seem not to have so much loose skin. DO you think they have surgery before the finaly?

I am very curious about the loose skin. That is a big concern for me. I mean we all put so much money into surgery (or at least I will, I'm a self pay) and I'll work hard to loose the weight only to have to pay for another surgery to remove the skin?

Will execise work at all, to make the skin shrink at least partly? What should I do? I watch the biggiest looser and those people to seem not to have so much loose skin. DO you think they have surgery before the finaly?

Exercise will definitely help to tone the muscle under the skin and the skin has some elasticity, so it will "snap" back some -- who knows how much in a year after you reach goal - maybe you'll need surgery, maybe you won't - it's a wait and see. As for me, if I have to have PS after I reach goal, then it will be worth it to me for finally being healthy.

I don't think those on Biggest Loser have PS before the finale - I think clothes hide a lot!

Love the ideas of the tattoos! I have been considering one to symbolise the weightloss. I was thinking more along the gemini scales symbol, I'm scorpio though so I wonder if thats silly! I have 2 existing tattoos, and can't decide where this one will go!

Re the lose skin I am lucky I have lost 84lbs and I have *some* lose skin on my arms, but I figure I can live with that!

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so IN vegas!! ALL FOR IT!!

I have 2 tats.... and I definitly want one when I'm at goal... I kinda want a reminder... I was thinking of something with my starting weight numbers in it... and what ever 'symbol" we decide... so it will be a reminder....

Geezeeee.... My heavist weight was 373.... but I started this journey at 354.... what would ya'll do?

The butterfly does represent change, and who doesn;t love a butterfly>>?

I dunno..... but am gonna get one!!

Hi Daisy, why don't you bake or something and just turn up with offerings. They surely can't leave you on the door step?? Force yourself in, otherwise you will be sidelined.

Good luck and keep your chin up.

Hugs, Jane

Wow....everyone is so inspiring! What a great idea of a topic. There are so many reasons I want to be one of those "skinny bitches"...lol.... First off is to get off my BP medication, and have all the aches and pains stop. Next is be a more active parent. I have children who love to downhill ski and hike and so forth. I want to join them. I want to cherish the quality time that I can have with them before they are grown and young adults. I want to be able to shop at Victoria Secret and Lazena. I want to feel attractive and not Lumpy. I want to be energized...I want to be able to jog...do marathons...I want a second chance! *sigh*