Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do that you couldn't do before the sleeve?

Tiffy, you go girl!

:001_tt1:

Hi, I loved reading all these. I wanted my back to stop hurting after walking very much, and for the pain in my leg that felt like a hot poker to stop--Guess what all those things happened. I had just retired for the local School District and I wanted retirement to be fun. Boy has it ever. I have a business where I teach First Aid & CPR classes and I had two ladies in my class who thought I was a different person than had taught the class before because I had lost so much weight they didn't recognize me they said--now that really made my day!

We also have 4 Street Rods that we take to Car Shows and Cruise them. That requires a lot of walking and for the first time in many years, I can walk without my back hurting and I NO longer have that pain in my leg--I feel great!

I wanted all new clothes and to be able to fit into a size 12--well I have done better than that, I fit into size 10 and sometimes depending on who makes them size 8. I still have about 20 pounds to lose. I laugh now because when I find clothes on sale sometimes it seems like all they have are the larger sizes.

I found a wonderful man about 4 years ago who fell in love with me when I was fat and he loved and adored me then. He was able to see beyong the outside of my body and see who the "real me" was. Now it is fabulous seeing him look at me. He loves me just the same only I am a new version of who he fell in love with. I am still the same inside and that is who he fell in love with. I truly have it ALL. So for me this part of my life is everything I ever wanted. We are engaged and may get married one day, but we are happy with our life just the way it is now.

NEVER give up on yourself and having what you want in life. I am living proof of it. I was single for 15 years after being married for 21 years, so it can happen if you don't give up on yourself. I am almost 64 years and found out what makes me happy. I did this for ME AND NO ONE ELSE. It was time to lose the weight I was ready and I found what worked best for me. I love going to buy new clothes and it feels good to put them on and be able to zip them up! When people call me skinny I am surprised "Oh that is me they are talking about." I never feel or think of myself as skinny. I like to think of myself has healthy and thin now.

I can relate to EVERYTHING you've said here girl. I to have a wonderful husband that fell in love with me at 225 lbs. and still respects and loves me more than either of my ex's. He is my main motivation. He is normal size and handsome and I want to look good not only for ME, but for him. He still see's who I am, not what I look like. He's the love of my life.

We too love Classic Cars, we have two; a 1972 SS Chevelle (red w/black stripes) HOT !! And a 1967 RS/SS Camaro (Royal blue with gun gray stripes) Super HOT!! I want tO be the sexy hot Mama Driving them, Without some young guy saying, what's that fat old lady doing driving that fine ride.

I want to be able to cross my leggs, be able to squat without grunting to get up. I want my back pain to go away. I want energy again. I want to buy normal cloths. I want NOT To be embarrised EVER again. I want to look GREAT naked ! I want to be able to hug my husband and feel his entire body against me, instead of my stomach blocking the feel of him. I WANT a sex life again. I want people say " what a good looking couple" instead of "what is the good looking man doing with HER?" I want to be able to sit comfortably in an airplane, that last time I did, I couldn't put the little tray/desk thing down. And seat belts...sigh. I just want to feel good about ME again, I WANT TO FEEL PRETTY AGAIN!!!!! I've had low self esteem for SO long. :001_wub: I WANT THAT TO GO AWAY FOR EVER!!!! :thumbup:

*hugs* going your way, Daisy.

My question has always been, if they say the majority of Americans are overweight, why are the plus size departments so small and filled with really unattractive clothes?

I find that a majority of the plus size clothes are sleeveless of have really short revealing sleeves. I have to get 3/4 sleeves because of my huge upper saggy arms....I don't understand they're thinking.

there are just not many plus size attractive clothes. I ware 2x t-shirts most of the time.

I agree with alot of what everyone else has said, but I would like to polish my own toenails or put a bandaide on my sore toe. I would like to have more room on my lap for my grandchildren to sit. I would like to make some quilts out of my fat clothes. I would like to feel a little chill so I could put on one of those cute little sweaters. I would like to wear some sexy little shoes in a size 7 instead of a 7 1/2 extra wide. I would like to have a watch without putting in an extra link for width. I would like to wear a regular size necklas on a skinny neck. I want to see my collar bone again.

I don't think I've ever seen my hip bones....I want to see those !

I want a tattoo tooooooo!!!

I'm not sure exactly what I want or where I want it, but I want it to have my beginning weight.....as a reminder....Got a long time to worry about that no where near goal....

I am an artist...I can design a tattoo for us ALL...give me some ideas and let me run with it. I could be a universal thing !

Hmmm, my husband is seven years older than me, what does that make us?

My husband is also 7 years older than me, that makes us BLESSED !

Stable, old school men that appreciate what they have, and show it!

I am an artist...I can design a tattoo for us ALL...give me some ideas and let me run with it. I could be a universal thing !

OH that's a GREAT idea -- everyone start giving it some thought ... I will for sure ... that's awesome Judy! ... what do you think Chancie?

Judy, that would be awesome. I have one tattoo, but have been wanting to get another one that will somehow signify my weight loss journey. I have searched and searched on the internet for ideas, but have yet to come up with anything. I am open to suggestions.

My husband is also 7 years older than me, that makes us BLESSED !

Stable, old school men that appreciate what they have, and show it!

I couldn't agree more. I definitely noticed the difference in maturity in my second husband. My first husband was always about him. With Lee, it has always been about the family, which is wonderful.

All I want is to be slimmer, and not have people goggle me when I walk in somewhere, or goggle and whisper when I go to eat, or onto a plane, or hear the sighs when they find out they are my seat partner, not to sweat all the time. . . all I want is to be normal again.

Cougar . . . you go girl! You be the cougar you've always wanted to be. . . I read somewhere a beautiful quote "You can be want you felt you could not" Lets live our lives like never before!!!!

Judy, that would be awesome. I have one tattoo, but have been wanting to get another one that will somehow signify my weight loss journey. I have searched and searched on the internet for ideas, but have yet to come up with anything. I am open to suggestions.

First thing we have to do is find a universal symbol of what it all means to everyone, a flower, a star, something life changing. Something with "Sisters" but not sleeve. OR better yet,a BUTTERFLY, the ulitmate "transformation" from a catipillar to a butterfly !!!! Or Dragonfly, something free, light, and carefree. I'm up for any ideas ya'll can throw at me !!! Personally I love the butterfly idea...I need feed back :scared0: bring it on !!! My research is about to begin....

I couldn't agree more. I definitely noticed the difference in maturity in my second husband. My first husband was always about him. With Lee, it has always been about the family, which is wonderful.

My first was also "all about him", my second was a complete fraud, and liar.Both were egotistical male hoes. But Bill is as true blue as they come. Family oriented, faithful, and ruggedly handsome, yum!!!

First thing we have to do is find a universal symbol of what it all means to everyone, a flower, a star, something life changing. Something with "Sisters" but not sleeve. OR better yet,a BUTTERFLY, the ulitmate "transformation" from a catipillar to a butterfly !!!! Or Dragonfly, something free, light, and carefree. I'm up for any ideas ya'll can throw at me !!! Personally I love the butterfly idea...I need feed back :thumbup: bring it on !!! My research is about to begin....

Another thought for a symbol, could be a bluebird soaring upwards thrusting towards the sun, a "bluebird of happiness" as surely happiness will be one of our main rewards for the weight loss!

First thing we have to do is find a universal symbol of what it all means to everyone, a flower, a star, something life changing. Something with "Sisters" but not sleeve. OR better yet,a BUTTERFLY, the ulitmate "transformation" from a catipillar to a butterfly !!!! Or Dragonfly, something free, light, and carefree. I'm up for any ideas ya'll can throw at me !!! Personally I love the butterfly idea...I need feed back :001_unsure: bring it on !!! My research is about to begin....

Another thought for a symbol, could be a bluebird soaring upwards thrusting towards the sun, a "bluebird of happiness" as surely happiness will be one of our main rewards for the weight loss!

Good idea...I like the blue bird...My Son told me to think of a Pheonix. It's a bird (eagle) rising from the ashes of distruction.

I like that one too.

i like the idea of a symbol. how about an angel? in her hands could be a ribbon/banner with the old weight. she could be lifting up/letting it go.

OH I LOVE THAT IDEA (but then you can tell by my name that I'm a big angel fan -- believe you can't ever have to many of them around you!) ... BUT that is a great idea ... it could be a pink ribbon, too, to help support Breast Cancer Awareness.

I VOTE FOR THE ANGEL idea!

OH I LOVE THAT IDEA (but then you can tell by my name that I'm a big angel fan -- believe you can't ever have to many of them around you!) ... BUT that is a great idea ... it could be a pink ribbon, too, to help support Breast Cancer Awareness.

I VOTE FOR THE ANGEL idea!

NOW WE'RE TALKING....NOW I got you guys thinking..keep em coming....what I'll do is take all the Ideas...and do some sketches then you can choose which on you like. What do you think?