Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do that you couldn't do before the sleeve?

To go out and do things, feel good about myself and not feel embarrassed by how I let myself go.

When invited somewhere go, not stay home and be withdrawn, because I am ashamed of myself and to not be judged by my size.

To care about having "cute" undies, instead of just ones that fit.

To walk into a clothing store and actually try clothes on in front of the 3-way.

To make better eye contact, because I like who I am.

To apply for that promotion and know that I have an equal chance as my thin, attractive coworkers.

To have pride in my appearance.

To be able to look at myself in the mirror.

To have more energy.

To take the energy and live my life, travel, attend events, plays, movies, family gatherings, office parties, volunteer, and pick up a sport for a new hobby.

Learn to Tango, swing dance, ride a bike again, roller skate, and play like a kid.

There is so much good stuff out there for us, my family of VSGer's!

Well,

great food for thought here.

Right now I can't go walking without stooping a bit (my back gets tired from holding up my midsection which is disproportionately large!) and needing to find a place to rest at intervals unless I am hanging on to a shopping cart. So walking distances upright and sprightly is my first and main goal.

To get enough fat off this frame that my shoulders and joints will choose not to pain me!

Next - want to throw away blood pressure pills and Lipitor! Wonder if it helps with stress incontinence too? That would be a big bonus!

If I succeed in losing enough, I would be so very happy if my youngest daughter would be inspired enough to do this as well to get her obesity down and be in the normal weight range.

Even at 71 would love to be able to turn heads again, sure would put a smile on my face and a spring in my step!

If I can change my apple shape, it would be lovely to wear clothes that fit me in the shoulders and not have them strain over the tummy area.

I want to dance again! swim again! and go motorcycling with hubby again. (actually we are starting to plan for a trip to the Maritimes next summer, biking with another couple)

yes, I know, me a motorcycle mama, we have a big Suzuki Cavalcade touring bike that is very comfy and I haven't ridden since I got bigger and arthritic!

~sigh~

lots to hope for - cross your fingers for me, surgery 2 weeks and 1 day away!

WOW- the last 2 post were pretty intense....and reminded me of myself in many ways.

Stoongal-

I am really impressed with you! I know you will ride motorcycles again! You have the determination, and it just sounds like you are so full of life!

My mother is 72- and I had to put her in a nursing home 1.5 yrs ago and it broke my heart... she is not "old" but her body is eaten up with arthritis, and she became incontenet and had damentia- it saddened me that I couldn't work and take care of her anymore.

I'm 50 and started getting the same way you described... couldn't walk any distance without resting, or leaning on a shopping cart in the grocery store. Heck-could barely walk to the mailbox without being winded! No way to live.

Which brings me to Hope4me....

I wasn't living... I was existing...I wouldn't go anywhere either.... ashamed and embarresed... and I have lost all of my friends.... turning down so many invites... eventually... they quit inviting. I'm working on fixing this.... just not sure how to do it, but I'm not gonna stay cooped up in this house, and be a hermit.

I wish you both the best.. and Stoongal... keep us posted on your surgery! Congrats on your date and I can't wait to hear from you in a few months.... after your surgery and all the things I KNOW you will be doing!!

You want to be a cougar, as in an older woman with a younger man? Sure, why not! Besides, age is just a number, right? :001_cool:

I want to be a COUGAR!!

Welcome to the forum AnnaBanana - and what a goal you've got! Good for you

We look forward to hearing more about your WL journey. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Oh I want so much- I want to hike in the mountains again, to go white Water rafting, the sexy bras, to never wear black again unless I want to, to fit in my daughter's jeans (size 10), to first walk a 5k and then run one, to sit on the sofa with my legs crossed, to get up off the floor without it being a struggle, and most of all I want to look in the mirror and to be proud and love how I look!

I don't see it either. I'm frugal as well. I can't imagine spending $5-$7 bucks on a 1 pair of panties. . .

Yep, I'm a Walmart gal myself!

I want to be a COUGAR!!

Hehehe brilliant :)

I want to be able to scuba dive again, and in fact succeeded in this a couple of weeks ago on holiday. It was great.

I have the usual list of buying clothes because you like them rather than they fit and don't look as awful as the alternatives. I would like someone to develop a pash for me, that would be an ego boost. I would like to feel better at job interviews and I would like to retire and do more travel with my DH. I want to knock our house down and rebuild it too. Have had the plans ready for 4 years now!

I would like to be 20 again but that's not gunna happen :crying:

I am so glad I have met you all, I feel much more sane and normal realising I am not the only one going through this.

Loads 'o hugs,

Jane

Hmmm, my husband is seven years older than me, what does that make us?

This may sound shallow or vindictive or just plain bad but....my ex husband was cruel to me about my weight and when I have gotten to goal, I would love to just walk past him and let him eat his heart out. I want to dfrive by him in a jag too. He was nasty about my getting my engineering degree.

NOPE, it's not mean, it's revenge. I too HAD a horribly mean husband that called me every fat name there is. He was cruel daily.

I was 135lbs when I married him. THen had 2 babies in a row. And when the weight come, the love left. It was like he didn't know me anymore. I hated him for that. Marriage Vows say, for better or worse, sickness and health, richer or poorer. Not stop loving her, when she's not drop dead gorgeous anymore. I gained weight to spit him, that's where it all started. He is a very miserable man now, lost and has NO love in his life. I want SO badly for reach me goal weight of 135 lbs. and just run into him somewhere, and watch his jaw drop!

What better revenge can there be?