Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do that you couldn't do before the sleeve?

GOALS for being skinny!

1) Size 36 waist or lower

2) Large or Med shirts 15.5 neck

3) Blood pressure normal again

4) To feel that I look good naked

5) To have other woman 'look' knowing I'm attached and happy

6) Stamina I want more to do things

7) 175 in weight

8) To make VA really more proud she is with me!

I will because I want to!

The area under the girls never seems to dry does it? I wander around nakee waiting for it to dry in the morning and it still is not dry.

Take the blow dryer - on cool/low -- dry the areas - that is what I do as you're right, they never seem to dry on their own.

I want my grandsons to know me as the pretty grandma

I dont want to worry about not getting another job because I am too fat or have someone thin and less qualified get it instead of me

I want to meet men with confidence that they wont be turned off by my size

Guys, it is great to see what everyone's goals are. I hope we all look back on this thread in a year and see not only have we reached our goals, we have surpassed them. I think listing our goals and reading everyone elses is great, as it helps keep us motivated and excited about losing weight.

Man it's a good thing I am in counseling.

I have no goals. I just want to be happy. My really close friend tells me I never smile anymore. I know my dad just died and I am very sad about that. It doesn't help that I am constantly reminded because I have to take care of all of his financial issues until they are are all finished, but that isnt' why I am not happy.

You know, I have heard for years, that happiness comes from within.

How in the Hell do you learn that? It keeps reminding me of that thread in Lap Band Talk, why doesn't skinny fix it all?

Maybe I should read that thread over.

Man it's a good thing I am in counseling.

I have no goals. I just want to be happy. My really close friend tells me I never smile anymore. I know my dad just died and I am very sad about that. It doesn't help that I am constantly reminded because I have to take care of all of his financial issues until they are are all finished, but that isnt' why I am not happy.

You know, I have heard for years, that happiness comes from within.

How in the Hell do you learn that? It keeps reminding me of that thread in Lap Band Talk, why doesn't skinny fix it all?

Maybe I should read that thread over.

Daisy - happiness does come from within and it is a daily choice - you can wake up and choose to be happy or you can wake up and choose to be unhappy. Yes, you have reasons to be unhappy - the passing of your father and having to deal with the fallout from that ... however, you have so many reasons to be happy -- Your dad lived to be 90 - Celebrate his life, not his death -you had him for a lot of years. You have two healthy children and you have GREAT grandbabies that you get to see almost daily. You have your health. You have a job. You have a house. You have a dog. You have a car. You have food to eat whenever you want it. You have friends.

Don't all those things make you happy?

Every morning when you wake up -- look yourself in the mirror and say "I choose to be happy today and this is why ...." and then SMILE SMILE SMILE ... after awhile it will become a habit ... besides, if you are always smiling, it really makes people wonder what you're up too! :wink:

Darling Daisy!

OK--I do not know you, about to meet you however at this time I do not know you. However I have made some observations. 1-your a nice looking lady. 2-your intelligent.

3-your witty

NOW-I heard something a long time ago that helped me turn things around in my head. TO ME it was as simple as this.

Do you think of your clock that wakes you up as an alarm clock? or do you think of it as an opportunity clock? NOW think about this. ALARM means you are startled....that you wake up in a state of alert, none of us like to wake up that way. AN opportunity clock means today what opportunities are coming for me that I will enjoy what good things are coming my way.....to me that helped me turn my negatives to positives.

I am still learning to 'love' myself it has been a long slow process, one that was brought on by the way I was raised....HOWEVER I have overcome that and I refuse refuse to be a victim any longer.

I get down I get moody but I always always try to look for the bright side to everything and I mean everything.

Looking forward to having you here and all of us going out to have some FUN!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Well one of the things that is making me unhappy is I do not get to see my grand daughter at all. She is almost 2 months old and I have seen her 5 times. My son's MIL is a born again Christian and seems to think I am some sort of heathon whatever that is. The point being, she does everything in her power to make sure I can't see her. My son's hands are tied right now because they are staying with his inlaws. Their house is not finished and it's a long way from being finished. My son got laid off, so he is grateful they are feeding all of them. He really can't bring the baby over here, because he gets up in the morning and goes and works on the house until at least 10 pm every day. He does come to see me every day, but his in laws live out of town about 20 miles away, so he can't just run home and get her and his wife is breast feeding, so she can't come and spend the day with me.

Along with other health issues, I have polyneuropathy and I want to walk without pain and falling down. I am 10-days post op VSG. I had the surgury, because extra weight exacerbated my clumsiness and pain symptoms.

While losing the weight will not cure me, it will help me to remain with my family.

I want to save myself from the inevitable wheelchair that awaited my large butt.

Where do large immobile people go? To a nursing home, because their well-meaning families can not manage their care. I am saving myself and my family from this horrible fate.

I am hoping to toss all my heart meds, asthma meds, an tacardyia meds.

I want to live life and live it fuller. A slow death is no way to go.

Here's to health!

Welcome BAMA and wow - what a great way to look at this new you - I am sure with the determination you have you will make all of your goals!

Hi Bama- Welcome!!

You've got a positive attitude and thats half the battle!

G'luck and keep posting!

Daisy-

Wow- I'm sorry you're feeling like this-and for the heartach you have. But it's time to do something for YOU.

Prior to my weight loss, I was in so much pain with my Knee ( had to have knee replacement), had heel spurs and was just miserable carrying all that weight around.

Now- 6 months later one of the things that everyone says at work is that I "seem happier" and smile alot more..... well- I DO- I didn't realize how much pain I was in, I became use to it, it was a way of life.

I had the knee surgery prior to the WLS- and I can walk without pain, and the heel spurs are GONE. I am more focused in my daily duties at work as well.

It's not a "cure all"- you still have to work at things.... and the weight loss won't make you happy- you have to want to do that. I got where I didn't want to be around people, started to become a recluse.... now- I look forward to going to work, meeting new people and just getting OUTSIDE of my house!

Make one goal a day- like just smiling at your co-workers and saying a positive-happy G'morning!

VA said it great- you make the choice each morning when you wake- make it a positive one!

I've reached a lot of my goals so far, but one of them is to get a tattoo on my upper arm or shoulder (both eventually lol) and not be ashamed to show it off (I have always hated my arms). I already have an idea for the arm one, but I won't get it until I reach my goal (another 15-20 lbs). I'm getting one on the back my neck first, though...

I want a tattoo tooooooo!!!

I'm not sure exactly what I want or where I want it, but I want it to have my beginning weight.....as a reminder....Got a long time to worry about that no where near goal....

Here is the list I made for myself after deciding to have WLS.

Had good news this week regarding funds for surgery and am scheduled for Feb 15 w/ Dr Aceves! Have been working on increasing protein/decreasing crap and am losing a small amount of weight -so feeling very positive and looking forward to my surgery!

Normal blood pressure

Normal cholesterol

Controlled blood sugar

Reduce/eliminate joint pain

Size 14 or below

180 pounds or less (Goal is 160 to reach normal BMI)

Able to polish toenails without straining

No more huffing and puffing up the hill

Using the ?precious? recliner whenever I feel like it

Can reach behind my back to fasten my bra

Exercise is more fun than it is torture

Increased energy

Can buy clothing at regular shops

No more worrying before sitting on fragile looking furniture

No more worrying about whether the seat belt on the airline will fit

More space in my airline seat!

No more dirty looks from the guy sitting next to me on the airplane

Easy to fit in all of the amusement park rides

Able to schedule a dude ranch vacation without worrying that I am too heavy to ride the poor horses!

Learn to kayak

Learn to scuba dive

High heels don?t hurt (as much or as soon!)

Cute undies

The big bath sheet reaches ALL the way around (with room to tuck in!)

oregondaisy, get to a counsler girl. try hypnotherapy. try a retreat. try a religion. try! you are not ment to be miserable in this life. You do not have to do it alone, find a group and get going on helping others, your problems will seem much smaller and you will feel so much better for having helped someone else. please try.