Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for full liquids?

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. I had potato,cheddar, broccoli & chicken Soup (completely liquified in the blender of course) today. It was YUM! I couldn't eat much at all, but it was nice to taste something besides broth! :001_smile:

Vegas, I'm curious as well about 6 more weeks of mushies...does it have something to do with the spasms you're having?

Jachut always has some really good ideas. Wish I would have seen this when I was going through my liquids phase too!

Vegas, why are you on mushies for another six weeks?

When I had my barium swallow while Bearded was having his surgery, I still had some swelling where he fixed my hernia - also some scar tissue; however, the worst is that where he made the repair, everytime I eat or drink, I get a spasm (on the fluoriscope it looks like about the width of a piece of string) so everything sits above the spasm until it decides to relax and let my food pass - Dr. Campos told me to stay on mushies for another 4 to 6 weeks to let the swelling go down. Dr. Aceves said the spasming and scar tissue would dissipate; however could take up to 6 months. I am glad it will eventually go away; however, in the interim, I really don't like feeling the way I do - it's almost to the point that I even hate to think about eating. :001_smile:

What brand Tomato Soup did you use? I love Tomato Soup, but I think it has some added sugars, no? I'm making my shopping list now!!!

I use Campbell's low sodium tomato soup - in fact, all the Soups I purchased were Campbell's. I didn't look at the sugars quite truthfully -- I was just looking for things I could get down.

I've just sent for a few Protein drinks just to try them out for when I have my surgery. Has anyone tried the following:-

Reflex nutrition whey Refresh RTD - 40g Protein

NSC Pro Shot = 25g protein.

I ordered 5 in total so that I can try the different flavours also.

I would like to source a resonable tasting Protein Drink rather than a shake. This is so I can vary the types of protein liquids I take alongside the food choices that I make. I have a small tub of unflavoured Protein Powder as I'm aware that my taste buds may change after surgery, so I'll wait till after to choose a powder, they are quite expensive to decide you don't like it.

I'd welcome any suggestions particularly from my UK peeps - as sourcing the right type of products here in the UK can be a bit of a mission.

Thanks.

Edited by Hychap2009