Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being Sleeved on monday!

Guest Bex@LBT

Guest Bex@LBT

Hi all

My name is Bex and i am from Australia - i have been reading and lurking for a while and finally thought id dive in and introduce myself. I want to say you have all been so helpful and i have learned so much from this site.

It seems here in AUstralia most people chose lap-band - my doctor was clear it was up to me and whilst the sleeves have not been done as long, the results seem to actually be better than lap band (eg weight loss etc)

I wondered why you guys chose to be sleeved over being banded. For me it seemed clear, i didnt like the idea of a foreign bosy in my stomach, or getting food stuck or going back adn forth to the docs to get filled and unfilled. The only advantage of the band being removebale didnt seem much of an advantage to me as I KNOW i will never be able to restrict my food myself (If i could i would have done it long long ago) so why would i ever want it reversed?

I am nervous, excited and would love to hear from you!

Bex

x:smile2:

Originally posted at www.lapbandtalk.com

Guest phillyfawn@LBT

Good luck to you, but I am sure you will do great with your sleeve. www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg has a great message board with lots of people posting regularly. It is a GREAT support group for us sleevesters...Hope to see you there!

Guest MacMadame@LBT

I have a lot of reasons. My big reason is that I knew my major food problem was ghrelin and the band doesn't reduce your ghrelin, while the sleeve does.

I was also worried about the long-term complication rate, particularly since I'm a self-pay.

My surgeon has done over a 1000 of these operations and has a group of over 750 that he's been following for years. They see very good weight loss and low levels of regain.

Guest Bex@LBT

Hi! - Thats good to hear. I read your blog, very informative and inspirational - thanks!

WELCOME MATE!!

I was sleeved on the 11th of July. I have really had no problems except "learning" when I am full. I enjoy the fact that I cant without pain overeat. I have for the last 3-4 years been eating healthy, my problem is I eat wayyyy to much of it. So now I can enjoy the food knowing I cant eat as much.

You will do fine---follow directions---and enjoy your new life!!!!

Hi wayupnorth, welcome to our forums!!!

welcome Bex

I didn't like the idea of the bypass, was thinking of the band but couldn't get insurance to cover it, refused the bypass, change jobs and insurance, again couldn't get insurance to pay for band, employer changed insurance, then employer put exclusion on all bariatic surgery. I researched Mexico for lower cost as self pay and have now decided against the band because I would probably be one of the ones who do not tolerate having a foreign body in my body and don't want to be even more obsessed with food choices just to get food to stay down.

I will be sleeved by Dr Aceves on Oct 30.

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI!!! lol me too!!!! (brissy) AND i was also ment to be sleeved on monday the 3rd too!!!! had to put it back for a week. good luck, keep posting and let us know how your going!