Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm In Mexico-Having Revision on Monday!

Guest 4meonly@LBT
Sign in to follow this  

Guest 4meonly@LBT

I arrived in Mexicali, Mexico this afternoon. I will be having my Lap Band to Sleeve surgery on Monday morning. Dr. Aceves will be doing the surgery for me. I had all the pretests done today. My husband and I will enjoy the pool and walk the city tomorrow. I'm excited to be having this done!!

Originally posted at www.lapbandtalk.com

Guest MacMadame@LBT

Good luck! My interactions with Dr. Aceves give me a lot of confidence in him!

Guest WASaBubbleButt@LBT

I arrived in Mexicali, Mexico this afternoon. I will be having my Lap Band to Sleeve surgery on Monday morning. Dr. Aceves will be doing the surgery for me. I had all the pretests done today. My husband and I will enjoy the pool and walk the city tomorrow. I'm excited to be having this done!!

Congrats! You'll be rid of the band in NO time! You are in good hands.

Guest 4meonly@LBT

Mac, Thank you for your encouragement.

WASA,

I can't believe I'm here. So far, everyone has been great. We parked in the AA parking lot and we were picked up and taken to the hospital. I met Yolanda who seems very nice. I also met the nurse who will be taking care of me. Her name is Karen. I had all the tests done and was taken to the hotel. We will be picked up at 7:00 tomorrow morning.

I was told somewhere that the revision patients are taken last because he wants to have as much time as he needs. Did you find this to be true? If so, what did you do all day waiting to be taken in for surgery?

How much weight did you lose the 1st month?

Did you take the sleeping pill the night before surgery? I feel very confident, so am thinking I may not.

I asked about the spinal, as you suggested. As long as they can do the spinal when I'm in 'twilight sleep', I'll do that. That's what I had when I had my TT. Thanks for the suggestion.

They said I could eat whatever I want today. I had a great tasting shrimp dish at the hotel restruant last night. Their Soup was great. I wanted a caesar salad but my husband was afraid for me to eat the lettuce. Did you have salad while here?

They asked how I heard about them and I told them that I heard from a previous patient. I told them your name, but didn't know your last name. Just in case there is some 'special' thing you get for referring a patient.

Honestly, without your help and encouraging posts, I would not be here right now! You have been so good and patient about answering questions. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

I will try and post on Tuesday.

Cheryl

Guest WASaBubbleButt@LBT

Mac, Thank you for your encouragement.

WASA,

I can't believe I'm here. So far, everyone has been great. We parked in the AA parking lot and we were picked up and taken to the hospital. I met Yolanda who seems very nice. I also met the nurse who will be taking care of me. Her name is Karen. I had all the tests done and was taken to the hotel. We will be picked up at 7:00 tomorrow morning.

I was told somewhere that the revision patients are taken last because he wants to have as much time as he needs. Did you find this to be true? If so, what did you do all day waiting to be taken in for surgery?

How much weight did you lose the 1st month?

Did you take the sleeping pill the night before surgery? I feel very confident, so am thinking I may not.

I asked about the spinal, as you suggested. As long as they can do the spinal when I'm in 'twilight sleep', I'll do that. That's what I had when I had my TT. Thanks for the suggestion.

They said I could eat whatever I want today. I had a great tasting shrimp dish at the hotel restruant last night. Their Soup was great. I wanted a caesar salad but my husband was afraid for me to eat the lettuce. Did you have salad while here?

They asked how I heard about them and I told them that I heard from a previous patient. I told them your name, but didn't know your last name. Just in case there is some 'special' thing you get for referring a patient.

Honestly, without your help and encouraging posts, I would not be here right now! You have been so good and patient about answering questions. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

I will try and post on Tuesday.

Cheryl

He does, he takes the revisions last because they take more time. I think I went in around noon. I just read a book.

Lettuce/produce is absolutely fine to eat at the hotel or hospital. They wash it in bottled Water. I asked. ;o)

I didn't lose as much as most the first month because I was trying really hard to maintain my weight. I was 125 or so at the time of my surgery. I just had to get the band out quickly. I lost about 10-12# but I've finally gained it back.. no more 'crack whore' look for me! HA

No, I didn't take the sleeping pill, I wasn't nervous. I had my band there originally so I already knew the routine. I didn't even take the antibiotic, I don't take antibiotics unless I have an infection I can't kick on my own. But I didn't tell them that. ;o)

Oh, thanks! You are so sweet but no, we don't get anything for referrals. My big thing is that I just want people to research their surgeon and going to someone who will give them a safe surgery. However, next time I do something stupid to myself at least I can preface it with, "HEY! I referred someone to you, you can't get mad at me!" LOL

Sometimes people go to a really baaaaad doctor because the doctor is cheap or has a fast talking coordinator. I really feel bad for those people because I know there is a pretty good chance they are not going to have the same shot at a safe and effective surgery as those who go to good doctors. When someone is going to Aceves I don't worry about them, I know they are going to the best!

Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great, you'll see. If you need anything just email me or PM me.

Congrats on starting a whole new life, band free!

Guest parksonrocks@LBT

Hey there good luck tomorrow!! I had my sleeve there with Dr. Aceves in March. I was also last because the other two ladies that were scheduled with me had bands, I had a long wait in the morning so bring something to do. I did not take the sleeping pill the night before and regreted it at about 3am when I woke up and could not get back to sleep. It was my first surgery ever, I wasn't nervous about the surgery until I woke up at 3am!! Go figure!

Guest MacMadame@LBT

I also met the nurse who will be taking care of me. Her name is Karen.

Your nurse in Mexico is named Karen? That's like when I move to Honolulu and ended up living on Clark Street!

Guest youknowit@LBT

i'm excited to hear how everything goes for you. i am considering a revision at this point, because my band has a leak, and hasn't held any Fluid in almost 6 months. anyways, you go girl!

Guest MacMadame@LBT

Six months with no restriction and you are still down 70 lb.? That's quite impressive!