Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had the sleeve done 2 years ago

Guest Dianna cda@LBT
Sign in to follow this  

Guest Dianna cda@LBT

Hi All,

I too was definitely planning on having a band placed yet when I began to do sosme research about life after the band surgery I changed my mind and decided to go ahead with the vertical sleeve. I weighed 238 pounds and wore a size 24, 2 years ago when I went to Mexico and had Dr. Huacuz do the sleeve surgery. It was the best decision I ever made in my life!!!! In less than one year I had lost 112 pounds and felt great.

Another year later and this is what my daily life is like with the sleeve:

I can eat anything I want,just in small quantities. I never throw up and I have never had any feeling in my throat that something felt stuck. I eat about 5 or 6 times per day small amounts. I never ever feel hungry. I now weigh 118 pounds and i wear a size 3. I feel healthy and wonderful. I am thrilled that I made the decision to have this surgery two years ago. It has worked so well for me and for the first time in a long time I actually have the energy and motivation to work out. I have always hated exercising but part of that was because when I was overweight it was difficult to move around. Just getting in and out of the car was a chore. When daily activities are somuch easier it just makes me want to move around more.

If you have any questions about the sleeve. Just ask!

Originally posted at www.lapbandtalk.com

Guest KINGFISH1@LBT

Great to see your post and to read you have continued to do so well. My sleeve is only 4 days old....... I was banded over 3 years ago but had it removed last year, following heaps of problems. Anyway, I can finally lay that to rest and rejoice in the decision I have made! Marion

Guest anita_b@LBT

Its great to have experienced sleevsters here! I'm pretty thrilled myself and can hardly wait to see the changes that are yet to come.

Guest shrinkingpamela@LBT

What a great success story! I love meeting other sleevesters who are working the sleeve. LOL I too love my sleeve. It's the best money I EVER spent. Getting my life back was priceless. Hope to see ya around and can't wait to swap stories.

Guest JaJeanne@LBT

I love it! I too was scheduled to be banded, infact I had to reschedule 3 times due to different happenings, but a friend of mine asked why the band and not the sleeve...I ended up doing research on the sleeve and thought why not, less hassle afterward, no fills or flipped ports... and here I am today. 16 days and 16 pounds down. I can't belive it... If you are considering the band you should really look into the sleeve! I love it! Jeanne

Guest band Wanna Be@LBT

I love it! I too was scheduled to be banded, infact I had to reschedule 3 times due to different happenings, but a friend of mine asked why the band and not the sleeve...I ended up doing research on the sleeve and thought why not, less hassle afterward, no fills or flipped ports... and here I am today. 16 days and 16 pounds down. I can't belive it... If you are considering the band you should really look into the sleeve! I love it! Jeanne

Hi JaJeanne,

I saw your post and had to ask you about your experience with Dr. Aceves. I am tentatively scheduled for 9/2/08. I originally thought I'd go with the band, but switched to the sleeve after reading more about both. I can't fly down for fills so the sleeve works for me.

So......what can you say about your experience now that you are home and recovered? Thanks for any info!

Guest JaJeanne@LBT

band wanna be,

Hey there, I have to say that it was a really wonderful experience...I looked for anything bad about Dr. Aceves before I picked him and I just could not find anything at all...and it is true, the whole staff was very nice, very personable, friendly and kind. The only small hitch was that some of the nurses could not speak english, but they always found someone who did and I got taken care of... Read "Was a bubble butt's" information, she has some awesome insight since she had the band and then the sleeve. Regardless of which one you choose, it's still hard work. The head hunger is a killer for me, but I'm working on it...Good luck with your decision, all the best... Jeanne

Guest jlweb55@LBT

I am glad I found your post. I had the sleeve with DR Huacuz on 8-14-08 ,22 days ago and I am an eating frenzie. I think it is because I have had only liquids for a month and I needed to taste food again. Needless to say my weight loss of 29 lbs is now 28 lbs and I have of course stalled. I have heard this is common and I am going to quit worring about it because it is making it worse. thanks judy

Guest jlweb55@LBT

Can you tell me what you ate everyday, I am gaining 2 weeks after surgery. Now 5 lbs as of today. I had surgery 4 weeks ago today. thanks jlweb55

Guest LastChance@LBT

Hi Everyone. I too was going to get the band and during my research I discovered the sleeve. It seems so much simpler to do then the band. I'm in the process of getting all the labs & psych eval taken care of. I'm getting excited to start my journey. It's these stories that really help me get up the nerve to do it.

Karen