Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling Vegasangel....

How's it going down there? Did you have your test to see what's going on with you?

Did bearded have his surgery yet? How is he doing?

Curious minds want to know!:001_smile:

oh, okay. I thought she said DF was having his surgery on the 10th.

How's it going down there? Did you have your test to see what's going on with you?

Did bearded have his surgery yet? How is he doing?

Curious minds want to know!:001_cool:

Hi Daisy - you're so funny.

We left Las Vegas last night and drove through to Mexicali - got to our room about 1:30 am.

Bearded has his pre-op tests today, met with the Dr. Garcia and got all the wonderful paperwork.

I had my barium swallow. Apparently everytime I drink/eat there is a small section, where the sliding hiatal hernia was repaired, that spasms and after the spasm, then it relaxes and the liquid/food passes through.

Dr. Campos said told me to drink something warm before I ate and that should help to relax the spasms allowing me to eat. He said this will dissipate over time and told me to stay on a mushie diet for another 4 weeks and then to try adding in solid food a little bit at a time.

Everything else looks good he said, which is a good thing.

BTW - he's lost 44 lbs since his sleeve 4 months ago and looks good!

Thanks for checking up on me.

We have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:00 and Bearded's surgery is set for 9 am.

We didn't get to see Dr. Aceves today as he was still in surgery when we left the hospital at 1:30 pm

Will kep you posted how Bearded does. Did see Eyfura and her sister (who had her surgery yesterday) and met RoseyandMusic and her dad today too.

That's all for now ... more to follow :biggrin0:

I am so relieved that you are going to be ok and it was nothing serious, I figured it had something to do with that hernia repair. Give Bob a hug for us and we will be waiting for the news

I am so relieved that you are going to be ok and it was nothing serious, I figured it had something to do with that hernia repair. Give Bob a hug for us and we will be waiting for the news

Will do ... and so now, Bob and I will be on mushies together ... LOL ... we ordered a quesadilla today for breakfast/lunch (it was like 6 small pieces) and we had leftovers ... lunch, with tip was $9.00 ....Yep, our grocery bills are definitely going to decrease!

I am glad you got some answers!

I can't imagine Dr. Campos 44 lbs lighter. I was there 2 months ago, and I think he said his surgery was a month before that. I think he had lost 20 lbs by then.

Its's so nice that you got to meet up with some of our fellow sleeve sisters!

Hope all goes well for DF tomorrow!

I am glad you got some answers!

I can't imagine Dr. Campos 44 lbs lighter. I was there 2 months ago, and I think he said his surgery was a month before that. I think he had lost 20 lbs by then.

Its's so nice that you got to meet up with some of our fellow sleeve sisters!

Hope all goes well for DF tomorrow!

I can't imagine him 44 lbs. heavier - he is so small now

Roseyandmusic wanted a photo so we have one -- I'll post it when I can. Eyfura's sister wasn't feeling very well and very nauseous -- hoping she has a better night tonight.

Will pass your well wishes on to DF

Vegas, Give ol Bearded a hug and tell him we are wishing him a quick recovery. Tell him good vibes are being sent from Ky.

I'm glad that you have found out what is going on with you. It must be a big relief to know it wasn't something more serious.

I look forward to seeing the new pictures. Judy

So great to see that you are doing well and that nothing is wrong. Hope Bearded is feeling calmer now and that his surgery is a breeze! Say Hi to the others there and keep posting:thumbup: to update us.

Vegas, that is great news that there is nothing seriously wrong. I am so happy for you. Let us know how bearded does with his surgery.

I can't imagine Dr. Campos 40 pounds lighter either. We had our surgery on the same day and he didn't seem all that big to me then. Although, he did say that his weight tended to go up and down a lot due to his families great cooking.

Bearded is in surgery right now - they took him at 9:00 and he was very nervous. I think it helped him some to know that he probably won't have the same issues I am having; however, he was still very nervous about the surgery. I will keep you posted on his progress as knowing him and how he is from prior surgeries, he will sleep almost all day today, if not more! He already told me to not let "them" bother him ...

:thumbup: UPDATE :thumbup: This is Bearded, I am doing friggin great...little if any pain, had the itches from the drugs but hey it is almost 10pm and I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

great!! NOW tomorrow I get Water and we will see what happens then....thanks all for asking!!

NIGHT!!

That's so great! I hope tomorrow is just as good as today!

How are you doing today, Bob? I saw VA's photos of you walking around, so you must be doing well. That's great. My turn is coming up on August 10th, so am looking forward to hearing everyone's stories who is having surgery now leading into August. Can't wait!! Just want to get it all over with and back home to recover.:laugh0: