Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i can't believe i STILL have so many questions!

Ok, i am offically a little over two weeks out. i have begun the mushies-FINALLY! i am wondering why i am not feeling the "full" feeling that everyone is talking about? if i do feel it, it goes away quickly and i feel hungry again. i don't think it's head hunger either. i am able to eat mashed potatoes, pureed stuff, i've even eaten tuna salad. i eat small portions because i know that's what i'm supposed to be doing. some people here are saying that they can only have a few bites or teaspoons. not me. i'm worried about this. why am i not feeling the full feeling? is it because i'm only a couple weeks out? will i ever feel the full feeling after eating only a little? as it is, i feel hungry after eating and i am obsessing about it--snacking is in my head a lot. aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :scared0:

I only really get that full feeling when I eat solid Protein like steak or pork chops. I tend not eat those foods just because I don't like that feeling.

I honestly don't know. When I started mushies, I was surprised at how quickly I literally felt stuffed. However, I am sure it is different for everyone. Like Daisy says, once you start eating more solid Protein, I am sure you will tell the difference.

Photogirl, I felt the same way but I did notice that the thicker the soft food was, the faster I felt full. I officially start sold foods on Sunday but have gravitated toward it for the past week with soft but more solid type foods, just chewing to make sure it was softer before going to my stomach and I did definitely feel full quickly. It only took about 3/4 of a turkey dog on the 4th to get me to feel full and that was without the bread.< /p>

I think everyone's body reacts differently. I have never felt the feeling of being hungry after I had WLS. They removed those hormones when the took out part of your stomach out. So I have a feeling that it is your head hunger speaking here. You shouldn't be snacking all day and then eating 3 meals. The mind is a powerful thing. You have to have a few talks with yourself--do you really need the food? Or is your head just telling you "hey lets eat something?" So work on having some talks with youself before that habit of eating takes over. I think having good Protein is a good answer to this issue too.

Thank you all for the answers and the responses to my questions. I am taking Nexium for the acid. I just have yet to feel the full feeling for long periods of time. Like I said if I feel it, it is short lived. Like, I ate some pureed Beans, pureed peas, and mashed potatoes about 45 minutes ago. I feel like I didn't eat at all now. I am not full. I didn't eat until I felt full. I ate the small measured amounts that I am supposed to. I'm still hungry. I feel physically hungry. Am I doing something wrong?? :scared0: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Well for one thing you are eating carbs, not Protein. Protein will make the hunger go away. Carbs cause cravings and hunger.

Also, mushy stuff doesn't stay in your tummy as long as solid food. It does stay longer than liquids though.

Thank you all for the answers and the responses to my questions. I am taking Nexium for the acid. I just have yet to feel the full feeling for long periods of time. Like I said if I feel it, it is short lived. Like, I ate some pureed Beans, pureed peas, and mashed potatoes about 45 minutes ago. I feel like I didn't eat at all now. I am not full. I didn't eat until I felt full. I ate the small measured amounts that I am supposed to. I'm still hungry. I feel physically hungry. Am I doing something wrong?? :biggrin0: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Try eating a little more than the measured amounts and try Protein instead of carbs and see if that helps.

Try eating a little more than the measured amounts and try Protein instead of carbs and see if that helps.

I agree with VegasAngel. the really low portion sizes just didn't do it for me, but if i eat a Protein based meal and eat a little more it really makes a huge difference. It feels like a have an entirely different stomach.